Bite Me

Brendon, My Hero

“Amanda? No!” I heard a voice say bringing me back to consciousness.

“Pete?” I barely said in a whisper.

“No. It’s Brendon. Who did this to you?” Brendon asked kneeling beside me.

“Beck…Beckett” I said having trouble breathing, “and his gang.” Help had finally arrived but it wasn’t Pete to rescue me and find me after he realized he was wrong for leaving me, no. It was Brendon.

“Can you get up?” Brendon asked.

“No.” I said wincing and grabbing my side in pain. “But my keys are in the ignition still if you can pick me up and drive me home.” I added.

“I’m not taking you home. I’m taking you to the hospital.” Brendon said. “I think you may have broken something or is bleeding internally.” He added picking me up and hearing me holler in pain.

“No hospital. I will be fine. I will heal quickly.” I said starting to fall back unconscious.

“Amanda, stay with me. Listen to my voice.” He said placing me in the car. “I am taking you to the hospital and I will use your cell to call the boys from there. I’m sure Pete would like to know where you are.” Brendon added getting into my car.

“Pete left me here. We had a…” I started to say but couldn’t get out. I was in a lot of pain and I was trying to focus on breathing.

“He left you here? Is he nuts?” Brendon asked. “Amanda, talk to me.” Brendon said driving and touching my face to wake me from trying to fall in and out of consciousness.

“No he brought me here to see the city lights. Everything was fine until he bit me accidentally. He flipped out and jumped over the cliff. Beckett just happened to show up and he and his gang jumped me for Pete to know he’s getting too close.” I finished.

“I am going to kill him.” Brendon said.

“Who? Beckett?” I asked.

“No, Pete!” He said angrily. “I don’t care. He knows better than to just leave anyone here. I happened to just be here making my rounds to kill any vampires out here. What if I hadn’t found you, then what? He doesn’t deserve you at all, Amanda.” Brendon said speeding to the nearest hospital.

“You can’t hurt him. It wasn’t his fault. I was careless. I should have jumped in my car afterwards when he jumped and left but I didn’t I was too mad.” I said looking out the window. The lights from the streets were hurting my eyes.

“Stop defending him.” Brendon said flying out of the driver’s side door and coming over to pick me up and carry me to the emergency room.

“Hey, we need medical help here pronto. She’s having trouble breathing, and I think she coughed up some blood. I found her. I think she was attacked.” Brendon said putting me on a stretcher the techs had rushed over.

I grabbed Brendon’s hand and heard him say, “I’m calling Patrick, hang in there.” The techs wheeled me into an examining room leaving Brendon to wait in the lobby before I passed out again.