Bite Me

Saturday Part One

I made it home to my shared apartment around five-thirty a.m. I wanted to invite Pete in but I understood he had to get home before sunrise. I liked this feeling I had around him. He was so very hot in person and darn those eyes. If only I could get him to smile a little more. But I needed to think elsewhere. I had more important things to think about.

Once I went upstairs, I quickly went into Bev’s room to see if she was alright. My mind was eased for she was still sleeping. Normally a person who hits their head is told to stay awake for a concussion can occur. But Bev only got knocked out briefly then went into sleep. She was going to have a nasty bump on her head and a headache when she wakes up.

After I saw that she was ok, I went into my room. I was really tired but I was so anxious to learn more about vampires. So I turned on my computer and started to research. Surely there are people who have lived to tell about vampires but obviously no one believes them, except me now.

First thing was to research vampires with souls. I wanted to know what else Pete could do with those abilities of his. What I found was a journal someone posted online. The person who posted it called it a Watcher’s Journal, and it was written originally by a guy named Chris. I kind of skimmed through it not reading everything for it was kind of long and boring. It talked about vampire slayers, how to kill vampires, and different vampires that were killed or were still around. I almost believed some of the stuff after everything that’s happened until I saw a name: Dracula. Dracula doesn’t exist. He was a character made up in vampire books and movies to scare people.

I looked at my alarm and saw that it was almost seven a.m. I needed some sleep. Bev would be up soon and I wanted to see how she was feeling. Next thing I knew after I set my alarm, turned off my computer, and crawled into bed, I was out.

(Pete's POV)
“Pete, I don’t mean to wake you, but the boys and I are going to catch a late breakfast and go out for awhile. Everything ok with you and Amanda?” Patrick said.

“Yeah, I told her we’d get her before sunset. I figured one of you guys could get her. I got her number.” I said smiling.

“You did? Did you give her yours?” Patrick asked.

“Ooh did I hear Pete has a new girlfriend?” Andy said leaning in the doorway.

“Pete and Amanda sitting in a tree K-I-S-S” Joe began to say behind Andy.

“She’s not my girlfriend!” I said cutting him off.

“Whoa, guys chill. Andy, Joe, we need to let Pete rest. That’s all I need is for you guys to start fighting. I just wanted him to know where we would be going in case he needed something. Oh and Pete one more thing. We are going to pick up weapons and supplies on the way.” Patrick said shooing Andy and Joe out.

The guys left me alone. As I tried to drift off to sleep however, my mind wandered. “I hope I don’t screw this up tonight. I hate the idea of using Amanda for bait but it is the only way to lure the vampire that bit her out. At least I get to see her again and that makes me happy in a way.” I said before finally falling back to sleep.

(Amanda's Point Of View)
I laid in bed for an extra few minutes wondering what Pete was doing. Was he sleeping, training, or talking to his fans? I wanted to see him again. I can’t believe we swapped phone numbers. But it was only for emergency use I reminded myself. Just then a thought occurred. I memorized the streets he took to get to the apartment. Following it backwards would lead me to where he lives. Oh I am such a genius.

But first I must find something to wear, take this silly bandage off, and shower. I also needed to see if Bev was up. Oh this was going to be such a fun day. Why wait for him to come get me when I can go to Pete.