Bite Me

If It Weren't For Amanda I'd Kick Your Sorry Ass

(Brendon's POV)
When I find Pete I am so going to hurt him. How can he hurt Amanda like that? I bet if I was hooked up with Erelin, I wouldn’t act that way. I could control my fangs. What makes Pete so special to her? I am kind of glad we aren’t friends anymore. Were we like this when we were alive? I don’t remember us acting all childish like that when it came to loving someone.

Ooh and you don’t leave someone alone on Lookout Point. What a stupid move. He may not have hurt her like Beckett did but he is responsible for Beckett getting her just by leaving her there. I so hope she can recover fast enough. He will be so lucky if she still has anything left for him.

This is great. I have checked out all the local haunts vampires usually hang out at and that I would always end up fighting Pete at but he is no where to be seen. I must be careful myself not to get caught by Beckett’s spies. Thanks to his stupidity I not only risk my life but those Pete supposedly cares about.

Wait. We can always sense when other vampires are around. I think I found him down this alleyway. Why would he be here?

I went so far down the alley and hid behind a dumpster. I found Pete pummeling a vampire and then staking him. I stayed back so far so that Pete hopefully wouldn’t see or sense me. I wanted to be the one to attack first. He deserved to get his ass kicked for once. The element of surprise always works. I was so mad I had let my fangs out.

I saw an opportunity when he had his back turned and took it. I came up behind him shoving him down to the ground and giving him a swift kick in the side before he knocked me down. We both got up in a fighting stance. I lunged at him again hitting him in the jaw and spinning away from him.

“That was for Amanda!” I said watching his every move.

“Amanda? You hit me. I guess you are the one fooling everyone after all. Good my ass. I promised her I wouldn’t hurt you but now this changes everything.” Pete said.

“Whatever. You are so stupid to even realize the damage you have caused. Did you leave Amanda somewhere, Pete?” I said so angry. We both kept flashing our fangs like who was the best fighter.

“I left her at Lookout Point. How do you know this? What did you do to her?” Pete said trying to lunge back at me but missing.

“Amanda is in the hospital because of your sorry ass. I’m just nice enough to come find you. You would know if you answered your cell Patrick tried to call.” I said keeping my eyes on him but loosing up a bit. Pete’s stance did as well.

“What happened after I left her Brendon? Is she alright? Tell me!” Pete said reaching for his cell phone.

“After you guys had your fight or whatever, Amanda was ambushed by Beckett who wanted to send a message to you. He beat her pretty bad. She was outnumbered and fought them off the best she could. I think she broke her ribs and her face is swollen really badly.” I said.

“Where were you? You were with Beckett, right?” Pete said trying to call Patrick but not getting through. “Damn! I can’t get through.” Pete said.

“I happened to not be with him tonight. He lets me off on my own for awhile so I can kill vampires unbeknownst to him. I was patrolling up there and found her lying on the ground unconscious. She woke when I called to her and she couldn’t walk. I had to carry her to her car and drive her to the hospital. It is your entire fault, Pete. You did this to her. You left her for Beckett to find. I am only finding you to tell you because of Amanda otherwise if it wasn’t for her I leave you out in the dark.” I said walking away.

“Take me to her.” Pete said looking down. “Will she be alright?” He asked afterwards following me to Amanda’s car.

“I don’t know. It was bad. She was bloody and bruised and coughing up blood. She was breathing funny and going in and out of consciousness.” I said getting into the car. Pete got in and didn’t say another word all the way to the hospital. If he did I may have had to deck him again.