Bite Me

A New Day

Wow. I fell back to sleep after Patrick came back in. It was already eight a.m. now as I am awake again. The doctor would be in soon to see if I could go home. I woke Patrick up from sleeping in the chair.

“Patrick.” I said sitting up in bed. I was feeling much better. I didn’t hurt as much but I knew it would still be a day or two before I would be up for slaying vampires. My ribs felt better but were still sore. I think I like this healing faster than everyone else.

“What?” Patrick said yawning.

“I am sorry to wake you. I need some help before the doctor comes in.” I said. I really had to go to the bathroom and I wasn’t sure how my legs would react to me trying to walk yet or my body for that matter after the beating I had. Just because I was feeling less pain, didn’t mean anything at all.

“What do you need help with?” Patrick said getting up and walking over to me.

“I want to do this on my own but if I fall will you catch me?” I asked trying to sit on the edge of the bed. Ouch, I still had some sharp pains left.

“Wait you are going to try and walk? Amanda I think you should stay here at the hospital at least another day.” Patrick said concerned.

“Nonsense, now will you help me or not? I have to get to the bathroom.” I said a little embarrassed.

“Sure, since you put it that way.” Patrick said laughing a bit.

“I’m glad you think it’s funny.” I said rolling my eyes at him. “Here I go.” I said trying to stand up. I was a little wobbly and every muscle and bone in my body screamed at me but I did it.
I stood up walking baby steps at first then I started to walk normal again.

“There! I can go home, Patrick. I won the bet!” I said wincing in pain and getting to the bathroom.

“That girl is something else.” Patrick said smiling.

The doctor walked in as I was in the bathroom and asked Patrick where I was. Patrick just smiled and pointed to the bathroom door. I walked out of the bathroom and to the bed smiling.

“So I guess this means I can go home now, right doc?” I said.