Bite Me

All I Have Is A Memory Of What Was

Patrick took me home after the doctor released me from the hospital. Bev was still sleeping. He helped me climb the steps up to my room. He asked me if I was mad at him for letting Pete in last night once I was settled in my bed. He also placed my cell phone on my nightstand in case I need it.

“Patrick, I am not mad. If you would like to know, I told him I didn’t want to see him again. I told him I wish I never met him that night. I will be fine though. Pete just needs to give me some space. I don’t want to put you in the middle of anything so I understand if you don’t want to be friends and I appreciate what you have done for me.” I said.

“Amanda, I would never want to lose our friendship. I am sorry that you and Pete aren’t together but maybe he will learn something out of this. Here is your meds. I am sitting them on the nightstand too.” He said.

“Good. Well, Patrick I guess I will see you later then? And thanks for all your help.” I said rolling over slowly.

“Yes. You need some more rest. I will leave a note for Bev that you are here and then I will show my way out.” Patrick said leaving.

I was all snuggled in my bed. I looked over at the window where Pete has come in a couple of times and sighed. I guess I better keep that locked now.

I laid there in my bed trying to sleep but I couldn’t. All I could do was think of Pete and wonder if I was doing the right thing by letting him go out of my life. Then my cell rang. I didn’t want to answer but I rolled back over anyway to at least see who was calling me. It was Erelin. She’s in school right now. How did she get away from class?

“Hello?” I said.

“Oh good you answered.” Erelin said.

“What are you doing calling me? Shouldn’t you be in class right now?” I asked.

“Yes, but I am in study hall right now. And we have a cool teacher who doesn’t mind as long as the principal doesn’t pop in here. I just wanted to see if you were home yet and how you were doing.” She said concerned.

I told her I was home and what happened between Pete and me last night. But I knew there was another reason she was calling. I could just tell.

“I’m sorry about you and Pete but you are better off now.” She said. “Also…” Erelin added.

“I knew it. I knew you wanted something.” I said laughing.

“Ok, you got me. But I am glad to know you are home. So, since you are home, Brendon and I are coming over tonight.” She said really low.

“What?” I said shocked.

“I had to ask him fast as he got out of the car and I figured you would be home and we like each other and I’m sorry.” She said taking a deep breath.

“It’s ok. I just thought maybe in a few days when I am completely better.” I said.

“Well I will bring the movie and be over at seven. He should be here around eight tonight if he can get away. He may not be able to.” Erelin said.

“Ok. But I’m hurt and move slow so if I am cranky I apologize now.” I said laughing.

“It’s a deal and Brendon kissed me on the lips as he left last night.” She said all excited.

“Really?” I said all happy for her.

“Yes. I will tell you later. I got to go now someone is coming in our study hall. Bye.” She said hanging up.

I am happy for her. Bev is happy with Joe and Erelin is happy with Brendon. So why can’t I be happy. L.A. is not what I thought it would be. Just the same heartache everywhere I go. But why does my heart still feel so strongly towards Pete? I have to get over him. It is the best medicine for me now.