Bite Me

I Know It Feels Like We're Never Coming Back

(Pete's POV)
“Well, Amanda was released from the hospital.” Patrick said to Andy and Joe.
I came downstairs to hear him give them an update on how she was. I needed to get a drink. I hadn’t drunk anything after biting Amanda. I was repulsed by what I had done. But now I was craving again and I didn’t want to go too much longer for I may end up hurting the guys.

“Patrick, can you come here a second?” I said from the kitchen.

“Yes after you finish, man. I can’t watch you drink that.” He said over from the couch.

I forgot they don’t like watching me drink the blood packets and I didn’t blame them. So I quickly drank one and walked over to the guys. Andy was reading a comic book of course and Joe was practicing on his guitar.

“Patrick I have a question to ask you.” I said sitting on the couch beside him.

“Shoot.” He said looking all tired.

“Well I have been thinking about what Amanda said last night about wishing she never met me. I can make it happen. I can block me out.” Pete said.

“Whoa, no way! Then you would have to do that to Bev and so on.” Joe said listening in. “You aren’t messing with her mind. How would she remember meeting me? Nope. Leave Amanda alone.” Joe said.

“Yes you already blocked out Erelin getting attacked and it backfired. I don’t think Brendon would let you do that to her either. Joe told me they are getting cozy.” Andy piped in.

“Brendon probably doesn’t even know we can do this.” I said.

“It doesn’t matter. If you do this Pete I think we will all be mad at you.” Patrick said.

“It’s what she wants. I don’t want her to hurt because of me. I want her to move on as much as it hurts me. I realize what I’ve done.” I said.

“If you do this, Pete, you will be no better than Nick. I won’t have any respect for you and if Amanda did find out you did this it would get worse for you. She would be livid and never take you back if you two ever did work things out and you know it.” Patrick said reminding me of Nick.

Patrick was right. I’d be doing the same thing he did to her. Well that idea was shot down cold. It was nice to have friends knock sense into me every now and then.

“So what did you decide Pete. I need to know if I have to do damage control with Bev.” Joe said putting his guitar down.

“Amanda would be better off the way she is now.” I said getting up. “I’m going out alone tonight guys. Be careful if you guys are out tonight.” I said going upstairs to my room.

I went in and sat on the bed pulling my laptop up on the bed. I started typing in a journal. I needed to get out what I was feeling that only pen and paper or an online journal could fix right now. I looked over and stared at my window remembering the times Amanda had snuck in. I guess I should lock it now that she won’t be coming back.