Bite Me

Kissed By A Dead Guy

I woke up having my usual brand of nightmares. It was almost five p.m. Wow, I slept a long time. I needed food. I was hungry.

I got up slowly from my bed and walked over to Bev’s room to see it was empty. I walked downstairs and saw a note left on the kitchen counter. She got Patrick’s note I had him leave and she had to go to work according to her note she left me. Bev also was happy I was home resting and she was sorry she couldn’t talk. Bev is a good friend. I am so lucky to have her as a best friend.

I searched the kitchen over to find that we needed to grocery shop soon. It made me laugh that we have been so busy not to notice we need food. I found me a box of mac and cheese and fixed it along with a peanut butter sandwich. I also found a box of popcorn I thought Erelin could have while watching the movie with Brendon and he would eat some of my popcorn too darn it. I don’t care if vampires don’t eat; I am letting him into my home. He better eat.

I ate and quickly washed up the dishes in the sink and tried to clean the house up the best I could but I was still wincing in a lot of pain here and there. I could tell I was getting better. It’s when I first get hurt that it hurts like no other. I wonder how my mother could do it for all those years and still smile for me as she was the slayer.

My thoughts started to all run together and I began thinking of Pete again like he haunts me no matter what I do. I can’t keep doing this thinking of him. We can’t be together and I know this. I have to not get depressed over this. Maybe I am a little jealous now for what Bev and Joe have. Or for what Erelin and Brendon may have starting. I know I will be fine and get over it as long as I keep telling myself that I am fine.

Seven p.m. came so fast. Erelin was already at the door with movies in hand. I let her in and walked over to the couch losing my balance and falling on the floor.

“Are you ok?” Erelin said trying to help me up.

“I’m fine.” I said wincing again. I got up with her help and sat on the couch. “I just over did it trying to clean this place up.” I said.

“Oh. So is it really alright for us to be here? I want to be able to see him without putting ourselves in danger and I also know he can’t stay long. That is why I suggested a movie and here of all things. You can keep your eye on us.” Erelin said laughing.

“I guess it is ok but you will have to follow some ground rules missy.” I said laughing.

“Who said anything about rules?” Erelin said all serious.

“Well, I did.” I said. I thought it was funny that she didn’t realize I was just joking. I was going to say the same thing to Brendon when he arrives.

“I have some popcorn I will make when he gets here and there are some sodas in the fridge if you are thirsty. Just make yourselves at home here.” I said all happy. It is nice to have guests.

“Oh that’s great! Wait a minute though.” Erelin said.

“What?” I asked.

“Brendon doesn’t eat remember?” She said.

“Well if I am inviting him into my house by golly he is going to act like a normal person and eat my popcorn!” I said laughing.

“I so would love to see him eat it. Maybe I can feed it to him. Wait, I’m sorry I said that out loud.” She said laughing.

“Sure like you meant to keep that to yourself.” I said rolling my eyes at her.

“I still have to tell you about our kiss. I’d tell my other friends but then I can’t really tell them cause what would I say? Guess what gang, my potential boyfriend is a hot vampire and he um kissed me last night.” She said giggling.

“I’m the lucky one.” I said poking fun at her.

“Hey!” She said.

“I’m just kidding.” I said laughing. “So tell me how it happened.” I said.

“Well, Joe was driving Bev and I back to the store so we could get our cars and go home. He dropped Brendon off at a corner somewhere so that he could sneak back to where ever Beckett is. Oh and I left out we were chatter boxes all the way from the hospital to the spot he was dropped off at. It turns out we have much in common.” She said all proudly.

“That’s good unlike Pete and me.” I said looking down. “Wait I am sorry go ahead. Don’t worry about what I said.” I said anxious to hear what happened next.

“Are you sure? I know it is hard right now because of what you are going through.” Erelin said.

“No, go ahead and finish. I need to know if I need to kick his ass or not.” I said laughing.

“Why?” She asked.

“Because you are my new friend and are like a little sister to me. So I have to watch out after you. If he does one wrong thing I’m letting him have it.” I said kidding.

“Oh, Amanda.” Erelin said laughing. “Well anyways when he got out of the car he held my hand and told me goodbye. I told him what you said and asked him of course to meet me here. Bev didn’t have a problem with it unless you did. Then he reached down into the car and pulled me close, kissing me a long goodbye kiss. Oh man it was so awesome.” She said all giddy.

“Yup, you were kissed by a dead guy. Welcome to the club now.” I said laughing.

“Oh, shut up!” She said throwing a pillow at me.

“Hey, I’m only kidding.” I said.

“I know.” She said.

Then the doorbell rang and we both stood up looking at each other. I thought I would take my time being how I shouldn’t rush and all and to drive Erelin crazier by not answering it fast enough.

“Well, aren’t you going to answer it?” She asked all excited.