Bite Me

No Biting, Kissing, Hugging, Or Making Out

I looked out the living room window to see Brendon standing on the porch. I had to check to make sure. I wasn’t going to invite a stranger in. And I opened the door with Erelin standing behind me.

“Were you followed?” I asked Brendon.

“No.” He said standing there because I haven’t let him in yet. “Um, I can’t come in unless invited, Amanda.” He said looking at Erelin.

“I have to tell you some rules first. No biting, no kissing, no hugging, no holding hands, and no making out of any sort. Understand?” I said trying not to laugh.

“Um, ok?” He said all confused.

“Brendon! Don’t mind her. She is just cranky over Pete and she hasn’t taken her happy pills.” Erelin said rolling her eyes at me.

“Nice comeback. I was waiting for that.” I said laughing. “Come on in, Brendon. But if you do hurt Erelin just know I will find you and hurt you. You know I can too.” I said being serious on that note.

Brendon came in and I shut the door. Erelin told him to sit on the couch and she took out the movies she brought over in a bag showing them to Brendon. He picked a scary movie.
It figures so that when she gets scared she’s going to be, “Oh, Brendon!” And then she is going to be all over him which is what I know he’s hoping for.

“So who is ready for popcorn?” I asked in the kitchen.

“Ooh, I am!” Erelin said all excited and hitting Brendon’s arm.

“Hey! What was that for?” He said rubbing his arm.

“You are a big baby. You fight vampires and I barely and playfully hit your arm and you whine.” Erelin said laughing at Brendon.

“Come here you!” Brendon said pulling Erelin down on his lap tickling her.

“Hey! No tickling allowed.” Erelin said trying to catch her breath.

I watched them and remembered a couple of days ago. I remembered when Pete grabbed me onto his bed and tickled me until I couldn’t breathe. Pete laughed like he had nothing bothering him that day. His smile, everything haunts me so.

“Brendon, look. I think we upset her in some way. You need to eat her popcorn.” Erelin said to Brendon.

“But I don’t eat food remember?” Brendon said.

“Eat it anyway. She is nice enough to let us see each other. She is trying to be nice and it is what normal couples do.” Erelin said looking in Brendon’s eyes.

“Is that so? Are you saying I am not normal? Oh, I can be normal.” Brendon said tickling Erelin again. “Amanda, I would love to eat your wonderful popcorn.” He said.

“What? Oh, ok.” I said snapping out of thought. “Hey, don’t mind me. I’m sorry. You guys want anything to drink?” I said searching the fridge.

“Yes a coke is fine.” Erelin said elbowing Brendon.
“I’ll have the same, although I can’t taste it.” He said looking at Erelin like she was in trouble.

I grabbed them some cokes and made the popcorn. I let them be then went upstairs. I called Patrick to see if Pete was home. He wasn’t. That was good because I was coming over to pick up the crossbow and patrol some. I couldn’t stay cooped up in the apartment. It just wasn’t me. And I trusted Brendon and Erelin. I would be back before they had to leave anyways at least I hoped. So I changed my clothes for slayer mode and opened up my window. I was going to sneak out and kill me some vampires.

I just couldn’t stay there with Erelin and Brendon. They were my friends and all but right now I needed to be alone. They also reminded me of Pete and me. I just hoped my body could support me slaying tonight.