Bite Me

This Is Who We Are

I made it over to Pete and the guys’ place to see Patrick who was giving me a lecture on why I should have stayed home. He gave me the crossbow and asked if I had my cell with me to call if I needed backup. I reached in my pocket to find I had left it but I lied to him and told him I had it. I then left him but not before I took extra stakes along with me in case I needed them as well.

I was in a slaying mood. I drove around the city following any feeling I had of vampires anywhere. I even parked my car a few times and scouted out certain areas killing a few vampires here and there. But I was left feeling empty like I wasn’t quite satisfied. So I got back in my car and drove to the one place I felt that I needed to be for closure; Lookout Point.

I ended up remembering the way there and parked my car in the same spot Pete had parked it last night. I got out grabbing my crossbow in one hand and putting some stakes in my pocket with the other. I was not going to let Beckett take advantage of me this time. I was prepared for him or any other vampire that decided to try and take me on tonight.

I walked over to the spot where Brendon had found me. I kneeled down to the ground and touched it remembering what had happened for me to have ended up there. I couldn’t wait to see Beckett again to see his face. Vampires may heal but I had hoped my scratch would leave a lasting scar on him to remember me by.

I then walked over to the edge of the cliff. I just looked down over the ledge wondering what it would be like to jump. Not that I was considering jumping and hurting myself or worse killing myself but to wonder how easy it was for Pete to jump. He said he could land on his feet. I guess landing on his feet was the easier option of getting away from his problem which had to be me.

I looked up at the beautiful stars that were out and made a wish on the first one I saw. I then saw the city skyline lit up all pretty at night. All those people in the city hadn’t a clue as to what really goes on in the night. Then all I once I had an old familiar feeling again that someone was watching me only it was a little different this time.
I raised my crossbow and turned around to see Pete standing by my car. It was weird but I felt him instead of just a vampire with a soul I knew it was him. How did he know I was here though?

“What are you doing here? I thought I made it clear I never wanted to see you again.” I said pointing my crossbow at him.

“Hey, you can put that down. You know I won’t hurt you.” Pete said stepping a little closer to me.

I shot off an arrow whizzing by his left arm just barely missing it. “That was a warning. Don’t come any closer to me Pete or I promise next time I won’t miss. It will hit your heart.” I said not taking my eyes away from him.

“I said I won’t hurt you!” Pete said confused as to why I shot at him.

“You may not hurt me physically, but you hurt me emotionally. I can’t and won’t let myself go through that again. What do you want Pete?” I said angrily.

“Erelin called me. She said you snuck off on her and Brendon.” Pete said trying to step a little closer.

“She called you?” I asked still pointing the crossbow at Pete.

“Yes. She went to check on you and saw you had left them. And you left your cell phone which is how she called me. Brendon went to find Beckett because he was worried you may get hurt again and Erelin is waiting at your place for you to come back safely.” Pete explained inching closer.

“I didn’t mean to ruin their date. I just needed to get away. I just wanted to clear my head. I thought I could kill some vampires to take my pain away of you. I thought if I came back here…” I said lowering the crossbow a bit.

“It’s alright.” Pete said grabbing the crossbow from my hands and placing it on the ground. I then collapsed in his arms and he held me sitting on the ground.

“I am so sorry for everything, Amanda.” He said holding me and rubbing his hands through my hair.

“Pete,” I said starting to cry, “how do I turn my feelings for you off when I think I have fallen in love with you. I know we haven’t known each other long, I know I shouldn’t feel this way but I do. I say I don’t want to be with you but I do. I don’t care if we can’t be together I want to. But you push me away. You hurt me, here.” I said putting his hand on my heart.

“I know.” He said wiping away my tears. “And I know you know why we can’t be together. Believe me it hurts me too but you are right in what you said the other night. We shouldn’t try to see each other and only when necessary.” Pete said in all seriousness.

“Then why did you come here? I asked.

“Why did you point a crossbow at me?” Pete replied.

“I was mad at you. And I can feel you now, Pete. I guess when you bit me it was definitely a lot harder of a bite than the last time. I can’t explain it but it has made me aware now that it is you and not just some vampire with a soul. Now answer me. Why are you here?” I asked getting up.

“I’m here because of Erelin.” Pete responded getting up as well.

“Are you sure it wasn’t just because you were worried about me as well?” I asked.
Pete didn’t give me an answer. He didn’t have time to. We were ambushed by some Dandies. Beckett had some spies lurking around. Where were they when I really needed something to kill earlier?

“Friends of yours?” I jokingly said over to Pete who was fighting off a few of them.

“No. I thought they were with you.” He yelled back.

There were about five of them. Pete and I could easily take them. It did feel nice to be working alongside Pete even if it meant as slaying vampires together. I tossed him a stake and I stepped on the crossbow lying on the ground flipping it up not paying attention that this is what sort of happened in my dream Pete and I shared. I shot at one of the vampires Pete was fighting and killed him, turning into dust.

One vampire tackled me down to the ground and ended up somehow scratching my right arm pretty big. I fought him off with a stake then flipped up with my crossbow and aimed for the vampire about to lunge at me to see dust flying in front of me. Pete had already staked him from behind.

“Hey, that was my kill!” I said.

“I’m sorry but I saw him first.” Pete said. “I didn’t see your name on it.” He finished.

We were both laughing. It was a good sign. Maybe there was hope for us after all. Maybe we can’t be together now but the future looked good.

“Hey, you’re hurt.” He said looking at my arm.

“Oh, it’s just a scratch. I’ll be fine.” I said. “Whoa.” I said backing up from him.

“What?” Pete asked.

“You don’t see it?” I asked throwing my weapons in the car.

“See what?” He asked with a confused look in his face.

“The dream we shared,” I said, “its coming true.”

“How? It’s not like we are having sex right now.” Pete responded.

“Ok, you appear to find me. Yes, it may have happened differently in the dream but you are here. Then, I step on my crossbow and kill a vampire with it. Next, you kill a vampire for me and then tell me I am hurt. Need I say more?” I explained.

“But it doesn’t mean it will come true.” Pete said.

“Yes, but I am the slayer. My dreams could come true. And so far it is starting too.” I said.

“C’mon let’s get you home.” Pete said taking my keys.

“Maybe you should walk home or jump over a cliff then.” I said getting into the car.

“That wasn’t very nice.” Pete said getting into the car.

Pete drove me home and followed me inside to check on Erelin. We found her asleep on the couch with a vampire movie of all things on the television.

“Should we wake her?” Pete asked.

“Why are you still here? You can leave now you see that she is alright.” I turned around and said.

“No, not yet.” He said taking off up towards my room.

“Hey!” I said. Ooh he can really get on my nerves at times. Who does he think he is?
About that time, Erelin woke up. She sat up and looked around to see that I was back safe and sound. My eyes were focused on upstairs. Why did he go to my room?

“Amanda, you are back!” She said hugging me like I have been gone forever.

“Easy. I just was in a fight.” I said.

“Oh, sorry.” She said. “I’m sorry I called Pete but Brendon and I were worried.” She said yawning.

“It’s alright. In fact Pete is in my room right now and I haven’t the slightest idea why.” I said to Erelin.

“Go easy on him tonight. He did us a favor in finding you.” Erelin said.

“Well, you better call your dad and tell him I am sorry for keeping you here late.” I said walking in the kitchen.

“Oh, I called him and asked if I could spend the night that we were having a Girls’ Night Out party. I am off from school tomorrow. I get a three day weekend.” She said.

“Good plan. Well you can have the couch since you have already claimed it.” I said laughing. “I’m going up to see why Pete hasn’t left yet.” I added.

“Ok. Goodnight, Amanda.” Erelin said turning off the television.

“Night.” I said walking upstairs to my room.

“Pete?” I said walking into my room and shutting the door.

I found Pete sitting on my bed. He looked so different. His face had no smile on it. I was tired of all the apologies. I just wanted him to leave me alone now. At least part of our dream had come true and it was a start. Just then Pete got up and came towards me.

I let him get close to me as I was in shock of his behavior. He face had a look of wanting on it. I knew he wanted me; he just didn’t want to admit it. He began to kiss me and the feelings I was trying to hide came rushing back. With every kiss I wanted more. Screw the consequences.

“Pete.” I tried to say, him shushing me by kissing me harder.
He moved me by the bed and took his shirt off. I wanted his body so bad. He was so fine. I took my shirt off. Pete took off my bra and kissed me from my neck down to the waistline of my pants.

Pete got down on his knees and unbuttoned and unzipped my pants. Every second seemed one step closer to bliss. I wanted him and I knew he wanted me. He taunted and toyed with me before finally I was lying on the bed and he had taken my pants off. I ached for him and wanted more than just his kiss. I was ready to be set off.

Pete was lying on top of me and leaned over to my ear, whispering, “Are you sure you are ready for this?”

I responded with a “Yes.” I wanted him to come inside me and he already had me moaning from every touch and sensation he could stir in me.

Just as I wanted him to, Pete entered me and it was everything and more I hoped it would be. I was in pure bliss as our eyes locked into each other’s. I came and said his name rubbing my hands down his back with my nails, gently sending chills up his spine.

Then Pete rolled over and I found my way to his chest and placed my head on his shoulder lying beside him, my hand where his heart would be. I thought I was in heaven and everything felt right. Pete kissed my forehead.

“Pete, I love you.” I said looking up into his eyes. I could tell he wanted to say it too but couldn’t.

“Amanda?” He said.

“Yes, Pete?” I replied.

“I’m sorry.” He said rolling over and kissing my neck.

“Why are you sorry now? Do you regret what we just did?” I asked all confused.

“No. I could never regret this moment but it should have never happened. Don’t worry. You need to stay focused.” Pete said looking at me now.

“Focused?” I repeated.

“Yes for what may happen soon.” He said kissing me passionately to keep me from talking anymore.

Then the next thing I knew he went back to my neck again. I didn’t mind it. I just hoped he wouldn’t flip out again. This time though was different. He sank his teeth into me and sucked blood this time. The room began to spin and the pain I felt when Mike had bit me returned.

I couldn’t scream. I couldn’t move. The closest thing I could do was dig my nails in Pete’s back to get him to stop. I finally got out a, “No.” Then I was out but not before I heard Pete say, “I do love you.”