Bite Me

Saturday Part Two

“Well hello, sleepy head.” I said walking into the kitchen. “How are you feeling?” I asked Bev.

“Can you get me the number of that bus that ran over me? What happened?” Bev said.

“Well, we were attacked last night by Trevor and Mike. Does that ring a bell? I told you they were bad news.” I said.

“Oh. Yeah, now I remember. You did warn me. Last thing I remember is Trevor pushing me down and I guess I hit my head, hence the nasty bump and terrible headache. So how did we get here? And why do you have a bandage on your neck?” She asked.

“Whoa, slow down girl. Here have a seat, and finish drinking your coffee. My bandage is from, uh, where I got cut. I took a fall too and scraped and cut my neck the way I hit the pavement. We were rescued though by four guys. One of them was very good looking.” I said.

“Really? And I missed it? Well I want to thank our rescuers.” Bev said.

Her comment gave me a very good idea. “Bev I need four passes to your grand opening event. I will invite them to the party for Monday night and you can thank them then. After all I did get the gorgeous guy’s phone number.” I added.

“What? You go girl.” She said laughing. “I just wish one of them liked me. What were their names?” Bev asked.

“I think I will let them tell you. By the way, one of them is Jewish and I know how you love Jewish guys.” I told her trying to give her a clue without telling her who rescued us.

“Awesome. So tell me about your gorgeous rescuer.” She said.

“Well he’s got dark hair, gorgeous eyes that seem so soulful yet so mysterious, and a smile that’s just oh I better stop. I don’t want to ruin it for you.” I said spoiling her fun. “You will just have to meet him Monday. He is very nice and I think we can be good friends actually.” I added.

“I am so happy for you. It takes someone to rescue you to put you back on the dating scene possibly?” Bev asked.

“Well I don’t know about that yet, friends first Bev. We’ll have to see. I know you are worried about me. I decided this morning its time to move on and put the past behind me and that’s exactly what I am going to do.” I said reaching for a muffin on the counter.

“Great. So what are your plans for today? I have a meeting in gosh, in 2 hours! I wanted to ask you before you made plans if you wouldn’t mind working for me. It would be a supervisor job under me and you would work only two days a week. I know you don’t really need the money but I know you work hard and I trust you to fill in when I can’t.” Bev said grabbing her purse off of the kitchen table.

“Wow. I don’t know what to say. Sure! And my plans were to take a shower and head over to my new friend’s place. We need to talk more.” I said.

“Wow your moving pretty fast. I’m just teasing. Thanks, Amanda. I appreciate you working for me. Just remember then there will be a meeting Monday morning at eight, you need to attend to get to know all the employees and ins and outs if the business before the opening party. I already have dozens of celebs coming. And Jackie will be there of course so we have to dress sharp.” Bev explained.

“I got it. Be there at eight for a meeting then later of course I know the opening party. Well I am going to get a shower and head out. If I am not home just don’t wait up ok. And if you are out late, promise me you will be careful and safe.” I said getting up from the counter.

“Sure. After what happened last night I want to get home early. And here are your passes to give to the guys.” She said throwing them at me.

“Thanks.” I said heading out towards upstairs.

Once I made it back upstairs and into my room, I quickly decided on what to wear. I chose my best pair of jeans and a black baby doll Beatles tee. I then went over towards my dresser mirror to take the bandage off. I was worried because I knew I might have a permanent bite mark. Pete had one. That was one thing I noticed in his car on the way taking me home.

“Well here goes,” I said grabbing the bandage. When I pulled off the bandage there was nothing there. I mean there was blood on the bandage from the wound but no bite mark. That’s very puzzling. I guess that would be something I would need to tell Pete about. But I can’t do it worrying about it here. I had better get my butt in the shower or as slow as I was moving, sunset would be here in no time.