Bite Me

A Little Dazed And Confused

I woke up to find myself naked and weak feeling. I looked at the alarm to see it was eight a.m. I couldn’t remember anything that happened to me last night except that Erelin said goodnight and Pete left finally I think. How did I end up like this? It must have been some night. Maybe I had a crazy moment or something.

I got up and got dressed to walk over to my window. I pulled the blinds seeing sunlight which made me fall to the floor. Since when was I sensitive to the light and why was my head feeling so fuzzy?

I walked over to my dresser to the mirror to fix my hair to notice my bite mark from Pete two nights ago had left a scar. I didn’t remember it being a scar but I really didn’t look at it closely the other day. Maybe it will take longer to heal.

I walked downstairs a little dizzy. I was beginning to think I was getting sick or something. I saw Erelin was asleep and realized I hadn’t seen Bev. I walked back upstairs to her room to find it empty so I went in my room and grabbed my cell phone. I went back downstairs and woke Erelin up.

“Hey, Erelin, wake up.” I said gently shaking her foot.

“What?” Erelin said slowing waking up and processing what I had said.

“Have you seen Bev this morning?” I asked.

“No, I’ve been asleep here since last night. Hey, you look a little different. Are you alright?” She said sitting up.

“I’m a little worried about Bev. She didn’t come home last night apparently. It’s not like her. And the answer to your question is I am tired, dizzy, and weak feeling. I think I may be getting sick.” I said sitting in the chair across from Erelin.

“Maybe you should call Joe and see if she went over there. Amanda what did you do to your neck?” Erelin said.

“I don’t know. I think it was like that yesterday, we just didn’t notice.” I said. “Don’t worry it should heal, I think.” I added.

I called Patrick’s cell because I didn’t want to bother Pete. We aren’t supposed to see each other and I have to keep it that way. I have to let my feelings for him disappear. I need to move on.

“Hey, Patrick sorry to bother you.” I said on the phone.

“Oh, hey, you aren’t bothering me. I was actually going out to get some breakfast with Andy.” Patrick said.

“Oh, well have you seen Bev or has Joe seen her? She didn’t come home last night and I am worried about her. I know she is off today from work but I thought maybe she went out this morning with Joe.” I said.

“Actually she is over here with Joe.” He said laughing. “They must have fallen asleep together watching a movie on the couch here. I will leave a note for her to call you when she wakes up though.” Patrick said on the other end of the line.

“Thanks, Patrick. You tell her she is supposed to call me when she isn’t coming home.” I said laughing.

“I will and oh, have you heard from Pete?” Patrick said, his voice changing.

“No, not since last night. I snuck out on Erelin and Brendon’s date and they got worried and called Pete. He found me and made sure I came home but he left. Why do you ask?” I said getting worried now.

“Pete didn’t come home last night and even if he gets mad he always calls us to tell us he’s staying elsewhere.” Patrick said.

“I’m sure he is fine. He’s Pete. He probably got mad at something I said which I can’t remember much.” I said a little worried too.

“I guess you are right. He will turn up tonight. Well I guess I will catch you later. We are really hungry.” Patrick said.

“Ok. Thanks.” I said hanging up.

“Did Patrick know where Bev was?” Erelin asked, getting up and walking into the kitchen.

“She apparently went over there to see Joe and fell asleep when she got off work last night. And the strangest thing happened.” I said following Erelin into the kitchen.

“What’s that?” She asked.

“Pete didn’t come home after he left here either. They are worried about him.” I said concerned.

“He will come back home tonight, I am sure. He’s careful, Amanda.” Erelin said.

“I guess you are right. Hey, after you eat some breakfast do you want to go home and change and then go out shopping?” I asked.

“Sure!” She said.

“Great! I will make us some waffles then I will shower and change while you go home and get ready. Then I will swing by and pick you up if you leave me your address.” I said getting out the Bisquick to make waffles and milk out.

“Ok.” She said.

Well what else is a girl to do? L.A. is a big town; why not check out its shopping malls and such. Today was going to be a worry free day from Pete.