Bite Me

Bev And Joe

(Bev's POV)
“Joe, wake up!” I said shaking Joe lying on the couch.

“Huh?” He said stirring.

“It’s eleven a.m. Amanda’s going to kill me!” I said looking for my shoes.

“Who’s going to kill you?” Joe said trying to wake up.

“Amanda is. Now get with the program!” I said frantically searching for my purse now.

“Why don’t you call her?” Joe said yawning.

“Good idea. Hey, here is my purse and there is a note from Patrick.” I said reading the note.

“Well what does it say?” Joe asked me.

“Bev and Joe, Andy and I have gone out for breakfast. Amanda called and was worried about you Bev. She said you need to call her if you are going to be out late. So give her a call on her cell phone.” I said reading the note out loud.

“Ok, I take it you need to call her.” Joe said laughing at me. “You are in trouble now!” He said pulling me onto his lap.

“You know what?” I said.

“What?” Joe said.

“I like being here with you but I can’t stay here. I finally get an off day today, why don’t we go see a movie or something and maybe catch dinner.” I said enjoying Joe rubbing my back. I have been stressed and worried this past week and a half.

“Ok, let me go change and we can go back to your place for you to go get ready. So you call Amanda and then movie day sounds like fun to me.” He said pulling me close and kissing me.

I could get used to this. Joe was so different than all the other guys I dated in the past. He had this easy going sweetness to him. I liked his charm but most of all I loved his hair. Just the thought of me rubbing my hands through it made me smile.

“Yes. I wonder how Erelin and Brendon’s date went as well. I guess I will have to ask.” I said as Joe finally got up to change.

“I don’t know but I will see you in a few.” Joe said bending down to kiss me again. And then Joe headed up to his room.

I rummaged through my purse to find my cell phone. I need a new purse. This one is so big yet I still can’t find what I am looking for in it. I dialed Amanda’s number.

“Hello?” I heard on the other end of the line.

“Amanda?” I said.

“Beverly Ann Green, you didn’t call me last night to let me know you were going to see Joe! I have been so worried about you.” Amanda said concerned.

“I know I am sorry. I was tired from work and Joe had called me at the last minute to come over. I went over there and we were going to watch a movie but I fell asleep. I meant to call you before the movie but hence I just crashed on the couch with him.” I said.
I
could hear Amanda and someone else giggling on the other end. “Who are you with?” I asked.

“Oh, it’s Erelin and she says hi.” Amanda replied.

“I was meaning to ask, how did her date go?” I asked.

“Well it went alright I guess until I ruined it.” Amanda said.

“How did you ruin it?” I asked confused.

“Well you see I needed to be alone for awhile and I was feeling better so I snuck out to go slaying. I didn’t leave a note and I accidentally left my cell phone at the apartment.
Apparently Erelin came up to my room to check on me to find I was gone. She called Brendon up and he left to find Beckett in case he was after me. Erelin then called Pete who then dropped me back off here and Erelin spent the night. We are here at one of the malls shopping now. You could have come with but you chose to not call me.” Amanda said laughing on the other end.

“You are feeling better already? Are you crazy after everything that happened to you and you wanted to go slaying?” I scolded her.

“Yes I know, but seriously I have no pain today and I felt almost a hundred percent better by the end of the night last night. I am going back to work tomorrow.” Amanda said.

“Ok. I guess that is alright after I already covered your shift.” I said rolling my eyes. “So you and Erelin are at the mall shopping with out me, huh?” I said scolding her again.

“Yes, um, Bev I hate to tell you this bit I have to go. I just saw Jason and he’s walking over to Erelin and me. Bye.” She said hanging up.

“Jason? Who the heck is Jason?” I wondered.