Bite Me

Boys, Boys, Boys

I got off the phone with Bev to find Erelin hitting me. I just kind of gave her a calm down look. It was weird running into Jason here in the mall of all things. He had Rick with him too who was also in his band.

“Hi guys!” I said making sure Erelin wouldn’t embarrass me.

“It is nice to see you again, Amanda.” Jason said as he approached us. “You too, Erelin.” He added.

I could so tell Erelin was about to die inside. It was funny. Why be nervous?

“Hi.” She said looking at Jason. “I’m Erelin as Jason already said.” Erelin said sticking her hand out to Rick.

“I’m Rick.” He said back to Erelin. “I play the drums in the band.” He added.

“That’s cool.” Erelin said.

“So since we ran into each other again, do you have any plans for tonight?” Jason asked me.

“No, she doesn’t and she would love to go!” Erelin said before I could say anything.

I gave her this what are you doing look. I then looked at Jason embarrassed for what just happened. He and Rick were laughing.

“Well, what I meant to say was would you join me for dinner at this wonderful fancy restaurant across town around eight tonight?” Jason continued.

“I would love to.” I said looking at Erelin. She was just smiling and happy for me.

“Great! It’s a date then.” Jason said. “Just wear something nice like a dress or something.” He added smiling.

I gave him my address to pick me up at and we said our goodbyes after talking a few minutes longer. After Jason and Rick left, Erelin and I started hopping up and down all excited I had a date with someone who was not Pete. People started to stare but I didn’t care. I had a date.

“I can’t believe it!” Erelin said all excited.

“I know! Jason is so not Pete. He’s someone I can connect with. Jason is someone who is willing to go out on a date.” I said all happy.

“How do you think Pete will react?” She said sitting down in a mall café chair.

“I don’t know. But you know I need to move on. Pete and I have both established that. I am just more worried about what to wear.” I said sitting down too.

“Oh, yeah. What are you going to wear?” She asked.

“I don’t know but I guess after we hit some more shops I should get you home. Then I will have some time to shower and figure it out. My hair has to be perfect, oh everything does. I’m going out with a guy from a band that I love. Ah!” I said excited.

“Well, not to bring Pete up again but he is in a band that you love too. Ok, spill. Who do you love better? Fall Out Boy or Lifehouse?” She asked being silly.

“Hey is that a trick question? Because whatever answers I give, you are going to ride me on it.” I said laughing.

“Who’s hotter, Pete or Jason?” Erelin asked me in a serious tone but joking with me.

“Well, they are both hot.” I said getting out of her question.

The truth was I had this attraction to Pete. I knew we were meant to be. Then it hit me. I had
a flash that appeared to be like my dream Pete and I shared. Did I dream again that Pete and I had wound up together? No, it had to be the same dream. I was just a little fuzzy again.

With Jason, he was cute but he was also a sweet guy who I knew would never break my heart like Pete does. The only thing was I think I just had a crush on Jason. Would my heart open up to Jason if we hung out more and became serious?

“Hey, earth to Amanda!” Erelin said getting me out of my thoughts.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I was just thinking.” I said.

“What were you thinking about?” She asked.

“What if all it is is that I have is a crush towards Jason? I don’t want to hurt him.” I said concerned.

“Look, it is just a date. Go have some fun.” Erelin said all happy.

“You know what? You are right. One date can’t hurt.” I said smiling now.

“Are you going to tell him you are a slayer though?” Erelin asked.

“I haven’t really thought about telling him. Maybe I shouldn’t right now unless I have to save us or fight vampires while we are out. I don’t want to scare him away.” I said.

“Good point. I wish Brendon and I could go on a date.” Erelin said looking down.

“You will. He just needs me to explain how it works to him. I tell you what, the next time I run into him I will tell him how you feel. I know it is a risk but you should try dating. I don’t want to see you guys end up like Pete and me.” I said.

“That’s the problem. When we were making out last night before we noticed you left, his fangs came out because it got too much for him.” Erelin said looking for advice.

“Hang on to him Erelin. Don’t let him slip away from you.” I said.

“I know. We had a talk. He was scared to end up like Pete but is afraid he may. I told him I wasn’t going anywhere. I think things will be a little strained at times but he promised me we would talk about it instead of running from the problem at hand.” Erelin said.

“Then hold him to that promise and don’t let go. I guess vampires with souls handle feelings differently but the same in ways. I don’t see Brendon running away like Pete. I think Pete just has some issues he can’t let go of.” I said getting up.

Erelin and I shopped like mad before it was close to six p.m. I took her home then headed to the apartment to get ready. I was going on a date. I couldn’t believe it. It certainly had been awhile since I had been on one of those. “Let’s not screw this one up, Amanda.” I said to myself.