Bite Me

My Heart Is The Worst Kind Of Weapon

(Pete's POV)
I finally made it home after watching Amanda take off in the limo from the restaurant. Andy and Patrick were all happy to see me because they were worried about me. I looked but didn’t see Joe.

“Hey guys. Where is Joe?” I asked as I came in from outside.

“Joe is over at Bev and Amanda’s place.” Andy said reading a comic book from the couch.

“You know the usual.” Patrick said.

“Pete what happened to your hand?” Andy said walking over to me.

“It’s nothing. I’m fine. I just got into a slight scuffle. It will heal.” I said walking over to the kitchen. I needed a drink. Seeing Amanda with Jason has taken its toll on me.

“There is more than that. You just aren’t telling us.” Patrick said walking over to the kitchen. “You know we were all worried about you, including Amanda earlier today.” He added.

“Is that so?” I said trying to tune him out.

“Yes that is so. She called over here wanting to know if we had seen Bev because she didn’t come home last night. I told her she was sleeping over here and that you were missing. She was concerned but figured you were alright.” Patrick said.

“Well I happened to see Amanda tonight and she didn’t seem too worried about me. In fact she was out with Jason from that Lifehouse band on a date.” I replied angrily.

“Really, I mean isn’t that supposed to be good considering how you want her to move on or was that she didn’t want to see you again at the hospital?” Andy said.

“It doesn’t matter. She’s moved on.” I replied upset.

“Something happened though, didn’t Pete. You are jealous of Jason because she is moving on but something else happened didn’t it? It has something to do with your hand and why you didn’t come home last night.” Patrick said interrogating me.

“You want to know the truth?” I said fangs showing where I was angry at myself more than anything.

“Whoa! Easy there Pete.” Patrick said backing away from the kitchen.

“The truth is last night Amanda and I made love.” I said breaking down.

“What!” Andy and Patrick said at the same time.

“I gave in. That dream Amanda and I had came true. It started out that she was supposed to have let Brendon and Erelin over to have a date. Erelin went up to check on Amanda and she had snuck out her window to go slaying.” I said not looking at the guys.

“Wait she came over here wanting the crossbow.” Andy said.

“I didn’t think she should be out having been hurt the night earlier.” Patrick said.

“She healed enough. Her face cleared up and she wasn’t in as much pain.” I replied. “But she took off because of me. Seeing them two happy reminded her of us. She wound up on Lookout Point looking for closure but she found me. Erelin had called me from Amanda’s cell she left telling me what happened. I knew where to find her.” I added.

“Amanda told me she had her cell. She lied to me.” Patrick said.

“I don’t think it was intentional. She just didn’t want us to worry.” Andy said.

“Anyway when I found Amanda we were ambushed and she was cut on her arm. Everything started to come true from our dream and it scared me. So I took her home and went up to her room. I was only going to talk to her. Amanda was telling Erelin she was sorry and then followed me up to her room. I couldn’t deny what I was feeling, nor could she. We both gave in to our feelings.” I said explaining.

“So you had sex with her and now what? How does that lead to her dating Jason?” Patrick asked confused.

“I enjoyed every moment with her. I wanted all of her. She wanted me. But I knew it couldn’t last. Guys I have been having some bad dream about hurting her, even killing her. I don’t want that to come true. With me craving to be around her and not being able to control my urges I can’t let that happen even now.” I said.

“What did you do Pete?” Patrick said yelling at me.

“I did the only possible thing I could do. I let her have what we both wanted then I took it away.” I said upset at myself.

“You did not mess with her mind. Tell me you didn’t!” Andy said angrily.

“I bit her and drank her blood to help her forget. She now has a scar from me and it may be permanent. I erased the thought that we had sex and me telling her I loved her from her memory. I’m not proud I did it but it had to be done. Amanda is better off with out me.” I said not wanting any sympathy from the guys.

Just then Andy came lunging at me and started to hit me. He got me in the jaw pretty good before Patrick broke up our fight. I deserved every blow though.

“I deserved that.” I said to Andy.

“You deserve much more than that. Wait until Amanda finds out then what are you going to do. I won’t be the one to protect you from her wrath.” Andy said.

“Guys she mustn’t know. She is moving on with Jason. She must never know and especially Joe. If he finds out he will tell Bev and then she will tell Amanda. Promise me you won’t tell.” I said more upset.

“I think we won’t tell but only to not ruin what she may have with Jason. Pete I so hope it hurts you more and more seeing them together. Who knows maybe they will fall madly in love and marry each other and we will be at the wedding without you!” Patrick said walking away with me.

So they were pissed and they had every right to be. At least my secret is safe for now. How much longer could I go through this? Was it really better to stay away from her?

“Andy, I didn’t come home because I was upset with myself. I ran my hand through the bathroom mirror of the hotel I stayed at. When it became dark again I left to find Amanda to see that she was alright. I know she would have some side effects that wouldn’t last long.

That was when I found her getting ready for her date. She made it clear again we needed to stay away from each other. She doesn’t remember a thing.” I said hoping Andy would understand me a little better.

“Patrick is right. I hope it kills you seeing her with Jason. There is nothing to make up for what you did. I think you may be worse than Nick, now.” Andy said slamming his fist on the kitchen counter.

“Well, Amanda wanted a normal date so I followed her to make sure no vampires came her way. She didn’t want Jason to know right now who she really was. I wanted to respect that and I think she appreciated it.” I said as if that would help anything.

“I can’t stay here with you right now. Patrick you want to go out and kill something?” Andy asked walking over to Patrick.

“Sure.” Patrick said picking up some weapons.
Then they headed out leaving me in our place all alone. Amanda will be happier now. She has to be.