Bite Me

The Scooby Gang

I went downstairs after hearing Bev call my name for like the 3rd time. I was shocked to see Patrick, Andy, and Joe all together in our living room. I was so glad they were my friends and stayed safe when slaying. As a slayer in the last month and a half I have seen my share of ups and downs. I can’t save everyone as I have experienced. It is hard when you fight off vampires and you can’t save the victims they attack. You have to hope for the best that you can help everyone who is in trouble. We all have experienced the same thing. So it was nice to have them to talk to about things. I have had my fair share of what ifs and guilt. They are there when I seem to break down but I am getting better over that.

“Hey guys, what are you all doing here? I mean Joe I can understand.” I said walking in the living room.

“Well, we came to tell you that Beckett is stepping up more attacks. Pete has been out relentlessly and Brendon has been trying to protect Erelin the best he can when they are out. I’m sure you already knew that.” Patrick said.

“My, things sure have change since I was that innocent slayer girl almost two months ago.” I said sitting down on the couch.

“Yes it is like Beckett wants more recruits for his posse.” Andy said.

“We need a game plan. What do you suggest?” Joe said holding on to Bev who were sitting on the floor together. She was playing with his hair again. If he ever cut it really short I don’t know what she would do.

“Well all we can do is patrol every night like always. We need to be really careful. It’s Pete’s fight anyways.” I said looking away from everyone.

“What do you mean it’s Pete’s fight? It’s yours too. You are the slayer. I think it was meant to be for you to come here, Amanda.” Andy said.

“I’m leaving.” I said not looking at their shocked faces.

“And when were you going to tell me this, your own best friend?” Bev said hurt.

“I was going to tonight, alone. After Erelin’s party I’m leaving for awhile. I need a vacation.” I said.

“What! Slayers don’t get a vacation.” Joe said looking at Bev all worried.

“I need to get out of L.A. If I don’t, I am going to lose my mind. And I am sure I will be slaying vampires where I go. It won’t be permanent.” I replied looking at Patrick.

“Where will you go? Are you going back to your apartment in Florida?” Bev asked upset.

“No. I won’t be going there. I am not ready yet to go back there.” I said getting up and walking over to the kitchen.

“Is this because of Pete? What about Jason?” Patrick asked following me.

“Guys, I can’t fight vampires and think about Pete at the same time. I have to do this for myself. I need to go away where he can’t keep haunting me. Jason and I are good but we aren’t meant to be. I am breaking up with him at the party. My mind is made up. I am leaving L.A. for awhile.” I said starting to cry.

Patrick pulled me into a hug. “It is all going to be alright. We don’t like that you are going to leave us but you need to do what you need to do.” Patrick said looking at Andy on whether or not he should tell me something or not.

“Will you be gone long?” Bev asked getting up to hug me too.

“I hope not, maybe a few weeks or a month. I wanted to tell you to find a replacement for me.” I said.

“I guess I will move Erelin up. She won’t be happy that you are leaving you know.” Bev said all concerned.

“I know. Neither will Brendon. I think they will go nuts without me to tell them what to do.” I said laughing.

Andy and Joe shook their heads. Things have gotten better between Erelin and Brendon. Her dad finally met Brendon by having him over for dinner one night. I remember Erelin telling me how awkward it was for her dad and Brendon. Brendon had to pretend he liked her dad’s food. And her dad kept staring at how proper Brendon dressed. Maybe that was why he took a liking to Brendon. He didn’t dress as a young punk as he called them. So now they hang at her house and occasionally at mine so they can make out.

Bev made dinner for everyone and I washed up the dishes. Everyone was sad to know I would be leaving them in a few days. They were all worried about our friendships and what would happen to everyone now. Apparently Andy and Patrick had a strained relationship with Pete I found out about from Joe. Joe didn’t know much except they sometimes ignored Pete at times.

I would definitely miss them all. But I would hopefully be back. I promised them I would come back safe and sound. I also made them promise to me that they wouldn’t tell Pete I was gone until after I left. They agreed. Besides I was only a phone call away if something was to happen. I’d be on the next flight out to help out.

After the boys left and Joe had said his goodbyes to Bev, she and I chatted a bit. Then I went upstairs and changed to go out slaying. I needed to clear my head. How did I ever let a guy work me up like this?