Bite Me

Close Call

“Amanda he can’t die! He’s not going to die is he?” Erelin said frantically as she held Brendon in her arms.

“He won’t die if we can stop the bleeding and get him to a hospital. He’s going to need stitches.” I said ripping part of my jacket to make something to push and hold down on the wound to stop the bleeding.

“He can’t go to a hospital he’s a vampire. What do we do? He can’t leave me.” Erelin said starting to cry.

“Here take my jacket sleeve and push it down over the wound for pressure. It may help but he’s already lost a lot of blood. Keep holding that and help me carry him to your car. We will take him to my apartment. I’m not going to let him die, Erelin. I promise. He’s my friend too.” I said grabbing Brendon and lifting him up.

We put Brendon down in the backseat. Erelin gave me her keys and I drove as she held him in the back. I made it back to my apartment. I hollered for Bev who came down the steps shocked to see us carrying Brendon in.

“I will get some towels and bandages.” Bev said running to get supplies.

“Here place him flat on the couch here.” I said throwing off all the couch pillows on the floor. Brendon’s wound was bad. I wasn’t a doctor to stitch him up. All I could do was to tell Erelin to keep applying pressure to the wound.

“Here are the supplies.” Bev said running and taking over on trying to fix Brendon.

Erelin walked over to me about to collapse from the events that happened. I just hugged her and told her everything would be alright that she just needed to keep talking to him and to stay calm. I knew the only thing that could save Brendon would be to give him blood. If he had fresh blood in his system the wound would heal much faster. The only person who had it was Pete.

“Erelin, I am running over to Pete’s.” I said.

“Why are you going over there?” Erelin said looking at Bev.

“Brendon needs fresh blood to replace what he’s lost to survive and heal faster. I don’t think we have any takers on the idea of giving him ours. So I am going to run over to Pete’s and take some of his packets.” I said.

“I would.” Erelin said. “I mean look at me. His blood is all over my shirt. If he needs blood why can’t he have mine?” Erelin asked in a daze.

“Honey, I can wash that out. We have some clothes you can change into. What Amanda is trying to do would be better. What if Brendon drank too much of you and killed you it wouldn’t fix the problem.” Bev said trying to explain.

“Look I am going. If by chance he wakes up and goes through withdraws he is going to come after you guys not knowing any better. It’s the vampire in him on survival mode. Just run to a room and lock the door. Got it, although he is hurt really bad I don’t see that happening.” I said walking out the door.

“Thanks.” Erelin said shutting the door behind me.

I had to hurry. I didn’t know if Brendon would last. Beckett knowing I was the slayer now was the least of my problems. I was not going to lose Brendon to Beckett and I wasn’t going to let him destroy Erelin and Brendon’s happiness together.