Bite Me

The Hurt And Confused

I arrived back home to find Brendon was still unconscious. Erelin had changed into some of my clothes and Bev was trying to clean Brendon’s wound up, changing his bandages and still trying to stop the bleeding.

“You got it. Pete let you have it?” Erelin asked.

“Yes. How is Brendon?” I asked walking over to him.

“He’s come to but went back out several times. His body keeps shaking though. It makes me worry even more. I keep telling him to hang on and that I love him hoping that helps.” Erelin said sitting on the floor beside the couch.

“His body is going through shock and withdraws from where he has lost a lot of blood.” I said taking out the packets of blood from the cooler.

“How do you know?” Bev asked.

“I don’t. I just know. It’s confusing I know. Here step away from Brendon, Bev. I am going to see if I can get him to drink this.” I said kneeling beside Brendon lying on the couch.

“How can you do that if he’s unconscious?” Erelin asked me all worried.

“You’ll see.” I said like I was an expert. How did I know? Everything just seemed like it was an instinct to me.

I opened one of the packets and then held up Brendon’s head with one hand and placed the packet on his mouth. He didn’t start sucking the packet or anything. So I placed a few drops on my finger and rubbed it over Brendon’s mouth. He responded by licking his lips and wanting more.

Then I held back up the packet and he began to drink from it and slowly starting to wake up from his unconscious state. Erelin and Bev were all shocked and amazed at what was happening. I told them it was an instinct for a vampire to drink blood when they were hurt.

“Brendon!” Erelin said as he finished drinking the first packet and tried to sit up.

“Ah! Everything hurts.” Brendon said with Bev giving him a napkin for his mouth. I just kind of laughed at that. It was funny.

“Easy there. We thought we may have lost you. Sit up slowly. You have lost a lot of blood.” I said to Brendon.

“Got any more blood?” He said looking right at Erelin.

“Um, here!” She said giving him the rest of the packets.

“I thought I was a goner. I am glad you are safe, Erelin.” He said in between drinks.

“Why does he keep looking at me funny?” Erelin pulled me aside and whispered.

“It’s because he loves you but he’s in vampire mode for survival. You are the closest thing he wants. The real Brendon will come back. He’s just trying to heal himself right now. I’ve seen the look on Pete’s face when he almost bit me one day.” I said.

“Oh. I want to hug him but he’s scaring me.” She said.

“Don’t worry. Just give him a few.” I said.

“Amanda, you shouldn’t have told Beckett you were the slayer.” Brendon let out.

“It’s alright. Sometimes you have to make sacrifices to save the ones you love.” I said to Brendon.

“Wait, he knows now?” Bev asked making her some coffee in the kitchen.

“Yes. But it won’t matter. He won’t find me when I leave Saturday.” I said forgetting that I haven’t told Erelin and Brendon yet.

“You can’t leave!” Erelin and Brendon both responded.

“My mind is set. I’m leaving after your graduation party, Erelin.” I said.

“Why?” Brendon asked me.

“Yes, we need you here.” Erelin said.

I looked over at Bev who was giving me no help. She had every right to not step in for she was just as upset. I had to turn away from everyone. They kept staring at me wanting answers.

“I need to clear my head for awhile and get away from Pete.” I said.

“So that’s it. There is Beckett running around and because you can’t just tell Pete you want him you are leaving! Ouch!” Brendon said moving.

“Thanks, Amanda.” Erelin said giving me a disgusted look as she ran over to Brendon’s side.

“She’s running away from her problems guys.” Bev chimed in.

“I thought you hated that. Pete does it to you and now you are running away from your friends who need you.” Brendon said.

“Look, I am not arguing. Brendon you can stay here for awhile until we can find you a place. You can sleep on the couch and no going out until you have healed. I don’t want Beckett finding you or Erelin again. He will try to use you to get to me.” I said.

“Fine!” Brendon said showing his fangs at me.

“Who am I going to go to for advice on things?” Erelin asked. “What about work? Who is going to replace you?” She asked.

“Bev is hiring someone extra soon and you will take over my job until I get back.” I said.

“That’s if she decides to come back.” Bev said drinking her coffee.

“You’re not helping much, Bev.” I said.

“I don’t like it at all. Hey where did you get the blood from?” Brendon asked.

“Pete. I asked for his help.” I said looking away.

“Wow. It seems to me that since we don’t get along he could have let me die but because of you he helped you out. If he didn’t love you, he wouldn’t have done that. Think about that.” Brendon said pulling Erelin close to him.
Erelin was getting a little freaked out by it not sure if he was getting better or still wanting her blood. She kept inching away from him until he told her his cravings had passed.

“Look you guys its getting late. Erelin be careful going home. Brendon you need your rest. I will see you all tomorrow at work except you Brendon. I am going to bed. It’s been a long day.” I said with everyone a little ticked at me.

I walked upstairs and put my pajamas on. It was nice to get out of my clothes that had Brendon’s blood on them. I then turned around and walked over to the window where I knew Pete was tapping.

“Hey.” I said opening it.

“Hi.” He said outside.

“You want to come in?” I asked him.

“No. Here is good. Listen Amanda I need to tell you some things.” Pete said all concerned.

“Well I have to tell you some things too.” I said deciding I would just go ahead and tell Pete I was leaving. Pete definitely showed his side tonight that I thought I would never see again. Maybe he does love me and wants me to stay. It’s going to be a long night.