Bite Me

Little Miss Supervisor

Chapter 86

I woke up the next morning with a huge plan. I had an idea that was sure to snag Pete. I just needed Erelin’s help to do it. Why didn’t I think of it sooner? Yes I was a little upset at Pete for what he did to me, making me angry at him but that night we had sex was wonderful and he can’t take it away from me again. He already said he loves me so I have to make him mine officially.

I got up, took a shower, and dressed for work. Bev was already at the shop pulling a double duty. In the last month she has been making Joe work for her unofficially. But he is willing because he thinks he can protect her and be around her all the time now. It is so cute how he follows her around but he’s stupid to not get paid for it. “Wait, I’m sure he gets paid for it just not in the money sense.” I said laughing aloud.

I won’t have to be gone for a long period of time now thanks to the chat Pete and I had last night. Erelin will be thrilled to know I am sure. I just hope she isn’t to mad at me for wanting to leave still and will help me out.

I grabbed my purse and made sure it had stakes in it. In just a few days I will be leaving right after Erelin’s party hoping my plan will work. I locked up the apartment and headed for work.

When I arrived everyone was staring at me. I guess Bev told them I would be leaving. Most of the employees liked me because I was so easy going. I was a good supervisor I was told. I wonder if Erelin could handle my kind of pressure of being a boss.

As I walked over to say something to Tara who softened up a bit to everyone, I heard Erelin yell at me. I turned around knocking off some clothes on a rack. Tara picked them up for me laughing.

“Oh look who decided on showing up for work today missy. Don’t you know you are well, uh, not late?” She said looking at her watch.

“It’s nice to see you today too, soon to be supervisor.” I said laughing.

“Don’t you supervisor me, wait, yeah I am about to be supervisor.” Erelin said.

Tara and I kind of looked at each other so trying not to laugh. I think Erelin was going to take her new position to her head if she didn’t stop worrying so much. It was funny.

“Anyways, I am still mad at you.” She said walking over to the cash register counter.

“Well, I have some good news and bad news.” I said following her over to the register.

“Oh the good news is I am not losing a best friend?” Erelin said all cheerful.

“No you are not losing a best friend.” I said smiling.

“Ah, you aren’t leaving after all. I knew you couldn’t stay away from us. I mean you can’t leave your best friends behind.” Erelin said all happy.

“No, not exactly. I am still leaving.” I said.

“Well crap, just leave me alone. Everyone wants to leave me.” She said taking some hangers back to the stock room.

“Don’t you want to know what the good news and bad news is?” I said following her to the back.

“You are going to tell me anyways so shoot, I guess.” Erelin said trying to ignore me but I wasn’t going to let it happen.

“The good news is I won’t be leaving for a long period of time. If my plan works out I will be back in a week, maybe two.” I said smiling.

“Oh my goodness! What did you say?” Erelin said dropping the hangers in her hand.

“You heard what I said.” I replied.

“And what is the bad news?” Erelin said picking up the hangers she dropped.

“I’m still leaving.” I added with her smacking me with a hanger.

“So what’s this plan?” She replied.

“Well, I will need your help big time. Besides you owe me.” I said messing with her.

“I owe you? How do I owe you?” She responded.

“Well if it wasn’t for me, a) you wouldn’t have a job, b) never would have met Brendon, c) had a wonderful friend such as me, d) I saved Brendon’s life, and e) yeah that’s all I can think of right now.” I said laughing.

“Oh, you!” She said laughing. “I guess I do owe you then.” She added. “So why do you need my help and how does it mean you will be back in two weeks?” She asked walking back up front.

“Last night after I left you guys to go to bed, Pete came to see me.” I said. “He wanted to know if Brendon was alright and to check on me. He had something he wanted to tell me.” I said.

“Ooh, do tell.” Erelin replied leaning on the counter.

“Pete loves me. I know this now. We even had sex.” I said casually.

“What! Last night?” Erelin said all excited.

“No. I was a little mad at him when he told me this but I got over it for what he did. Pete and I had sex about a month and a half ago. It was the night before I went on my first date with Jason. It was something we both wanted and something that we had dreamed together before it happened. He then bit me and erased my memory of it ever happening, thinking I would be safe from him and the nightmares he hides from. Before he did, he told me he loved me and he confirmed it last night.” I explained.

“Wow! So how did you remember it?” Erelin asked all confused.

“Well I told him I was leaving before he showed and explained this all to me. He wasn’t too happy about it but I told him I needed to get away from him. He asked me what he could do to make me stay. I said nothing. He wanted to tell me the truth all along because that is the real reason he came over.

I guess he felt that if I was leaving it might make me hate him to get over him if that was what I wanted so he showed his fangs and grabbed me kissing me and showing me his memory of that night which triggered mine. I was left speechless, hurt, and a little mad last night but I am over it. He of course disappeared.” I said marking some clothes down for clearance.

“So again I am thrilled but why do you need my help?” Erelin asked.

“I want to know everything you can tell me about Chicago and where I should stay. Let’s just say I need that and for you to help me get Pete to follow me there. He’s going to have one heck of a birthday surprise.” I said seeing my plan all laid out in my head.