Bite Me

Meet The New Girl

(Erelin’s POV)
I am so happy Amanda isn’t leaving after all. I will help her get Pete and I will make sure Brendon helps me in some way. Hmm, it’s about time they end up together. I just hope everything I told her about Chicago helps in some way.

“Excuse me.” A girl looking to be in her early twenties said snapping me out of thought.

“Yes?” I said.

“Are you guys hiring? I really could use a job. I just moved here from New York with my sisters.” She said.

“Sorry but we aren’t anymore. The person who was leaving isn’t so, no.” I told her.

“Well does a Beverly Green work here? I heard she runs this place.” She asked me.

“Well…” I started to say but was cut off.

“Oh my goodness! Sam?” Amanda said walking over to the girl.

“Amanda! What are you doing here?” She said.

“I work here. I see you met my friend Erelin.” Amanda said. “Erelin, this is my good friend Sam.

Busted I thought. I don’t want to have to train a new person and oh guess what she knows Amanda. Imagine that.

“Yes but I asked if she was hiring and she said no. I really need a job.” Sam said.

“Well consider yourself hired. You just need to fill out some paperwork with Bev.” Amanda said.

“Bev does work here?” Sam said all excited.

“Yeah. We need to catch up. Like why are you here in L.A.?” Amanda asked.

What was going on here? Was I suddenly invisible? And why am I acting this way. I’m acting like Amanda can’t have any other friends but me. I’m losing it.

“After Bev moved from L.A., I had to move back in with my sisters and then we decided to move out here.” Sam said again snapping me out of thought. All I could do was watch Amanda and her talk.

“Ah. Well Bev is upstairs. Just tell her I sent you and then come back down and we can catch up.” Amanda said hugging Sam.

“Ok, you can count on it.” Sam said leaving for upstairs.

“What’s a matter with you?” Amanda asked me.

“Nothing.” I said trying not to lie.

“Seriously you look like you’ve lost your best friend or something.” She said to me.

“Maybe I am.” I said to her.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” She asked me.

“Is she going to be another member of our Scooby gang?” I asked.

“Wait, are you jealous? I’m sensing that you think I will be talking to Sam more.” Amanda said having me pegged.

“Maybe I am a little jealous. How did you meet her? And she can’t have Brendon.” I said leaning against the counter.

“Ha-ha. She doesn’t like Brendon. She likes his buddy Ryan.” Amanda said laughing.

“Well he was my number two you know.” I said starting to laugh. I was acting a little childish.

“No he wasn’t. Pete was.” Amanda said laughing.

“True. So go on and finish.” I said.

“Anyway, Sam was Bev’s roommate when Bev lived in New York going to school there and working for Jackie. I met her when I came to see Bev and we would all hang out. She is 21 now. She has had it a little bit different than us but she is a nice person. You should give her a chance. Besides you two may be the best of friends and she may replace me.” I said kidding.

“Maybe, then that might be interesting. You may be the one jealous. But no one could ever replace you. That’s why I didn’t want you to leave us all.” I explained.

“Ah, it’s all good now.” Amanda said. “Here she comes. Play nice and invite her to your party.” Amanda said walking over to Sam.

“I got the job and I start tomorrow!” Sam yelled happily.

“I think Erelin would like to talk to you a second first before we catch up on old times.” Amanda said walking with Sam over to where I was standing.

“Sam, it is nice to meet you and welcome to the team. I am sorry how I acted towards you. That is not normally me. I just have been under some stress and I didn’t mean to take it out on you.” I said apologizing.

“It’s alright. So, Amanda you are my boss?” Sam asked.

“Well, yes and no. As of Saturday Erelin will be your boss for I am leaving for awhile.” Amanda replied.

“Leaving? I don’t understand.” Sam said.

“Uh, Amanda needs to take care of some things for her hopefully soon to be boyfriend.” I said covering for Amanda.

“Wow! You are talking to a guy? Do I know who it is?” She asked Amanda.

“Well, yes you do actually but you don’t know him personally. It’s Pete Wentz.” Amanda said waiting for Sam to scream or something. I was laughing at Sam’s reaction; it reminded me of me.

“No, way. Get out! The Pete Wentz of Fall Out Boy?” Sam asked.

“Yes the one and only. You see here in L.A., you will find all kinds of celebrities. They love this shop. So don’t freak out around them.” I said laughing at her.

“Oh, I won’t believe me. I will be on my best behavior. I can’t believe it.” Sam kept saying.

“Oh, and you are invited after work Saturday to my graduation party. Just keep your hands of my boyfriend.” I said messing with Sam.

“Who is your boyfriend?” She asked.

“Brendon Urie of…” I couldn’t finish.

“PANIC AT THE DISCO!” Sam yelled.

“Shh.” Amanda said laughing.

“Yes that one.” I said grinning.

“I wish I had someone like that.” Sam said.

“Well you know I may know someone but you will have to wait until the party to meet them.” Amanda said.

“Who?” Sam asked excited.

“I’m not telling.” Amanda replied.

“Ooh I hate that. Well I see my older sister is here to get me. It was nice meeting you again Erelin. Later, Amanda.” Sam said taking off.

“Who are you planning to hook her up with?” I asked Amanda confused.

“Patrick, the loveable, sensible one out of the bunch.” She responded.

“Ha-ha. We will see then.” I said.

Sam was nice and she wasn’t going to replace Amanda. I’m just so stressed with being bumped up to a supervisor, worrying about Brendon , and whether or not Amanda was going to leave, I guess it made me a little cranky. But I am glad she is here to help us out while Amanda is gone. I just hope Sam doesn’t flip out when she eventually finds out Patrick slays vampires or that Amanda is in love with one. Things are going to get more interesting everyday.