Bite Me

Graduation Day Part One

“Hey, Amanda, aren’t you ready yet?” Brendon said yelling at me from downstairs.

“Almost.” I said putting on a pearl necklace that was my mom’s. I was wearing a low cut black dress that was to stun Pete. I wanted to look my best for Erelin’s graduation party. I doused some perfume on and put on my heels. I grabbed my bag that had all my clothes and things and went downstairs.

“Wow! You cleaned up nicely.” I said checking Brendon out as he modeled for me. “Erelin is so going to be all over you.” I said laughing.

“Well she did pick it out for me and bought it.” He said.

“You are such a moocher. You had Erelin buy that with her hard earned money? You ought to be ashamed Brendon.” I said playfully smacking his arm. “You have plenty of money if I do recall.” I added.

“Yeah, but you know she wanted to go all out for me. What can I say?” Brendon grinned.
I hate it when he does that. He cocks his eyebrow up and gives me this grin that makes me want to melt. If he didn’t have Erelin and I didn’t have Pete, wait who am I kidding? Brendon’s like an annoying younger brother and my buddy.

“Stop doing that!” I said grabbing his ribs and trying to tickle him. It never seems to work though. It backfired and he ended up tickling me until I couldn’t breathe.

“So does this mean I get to sleep in your bed while you are away?” Brendon asked.

“Gross! I don’t think so. You stay on the couch, buddy.” I said laughing. “Bev will let me know of you have been a bad boy. If you’ve been bad, well, I guess I will have to have Erelin knock you a good one.” I said laughing.

Brendon since he has started dating Erelin has always seemed to keep me laughing or in a good mood. I think she really brought him back to life. She has at least brought out a little of what he used to be, before hiding out as a Dandy.

“So when are you going to find a place? Your ribs have healed well and it’s been a few days now since you were hurt.” I asked.

“Well, Erelin and I have discussed this. She is going to go apartment hunting for us to have a temporary place to live. We are moving in together. I am going to pay for it.” Brendon said all cheerfully.

“What about her dad? Won’t he flip?” I asked sitting on the couch.

“Well, she is going to college in the fall and there really isn’t anything he can do. Besides she wants to move away from home anyways.” Brendon said sitting beside me.
“Has she decided on where she wants to go? Erelin hasn’t told me anything. I feel left out of the loop.” I said frowning.

“Yes, actually I am proud of her. She got accepted to UCLA. So she doesn’t have to move away or anything and I can keep an eye on her. I told her she is not allowed to take night classes. And she is keeping her job with Bev because it may help with her degree involving the public.” Brendon said all happy.

“Wow! She deserves a big hug for that one.” I said happy for her as well.

“So next week you guys may have a cute apartment. I will have to see when I get back.” I said.

“Yes. We can have a housewarming party. I better get lots of stuff. I deserve it for helping you nab Pete.” Brendon said joking. I gave him my watch it look.

“By the way, you look amazing, Amanda. Pete won’t know how to react.” Brendon said in his nice white button down shirt, black dress pants, black shoes, and fancy black jacket. He looked very sharp.

“At least you don’t have to wear that stupid hat and outfit Beckett had you guys wearing.” I said.

“Yes. I am so glad. Hey, that reminds me I need to thank Pete for the clothes he let me have.” Brendon said getting up.

“It was nice of him. See, I knew he cared about your friendship.” I said remembering how worried Pete was when he helped me.

I went to get up to go get something to drink before we headed out. The party started at 9pm. Bev was working early to run the store and help decorate it for the party. Erelin’s graduation ceremony started at 7pm. Brendon and I didn’t want to be late and the boys were going to show up at the party and so was Sam.

As I approached the kitchen I almost fell. I doubled over in pain grabbing onto a barstool. I had a flash and then it was gone.

“Amanda, are you alright?” Brendon asked helping me up.

“Yeah, I am fine.” I said shrugging it off.

“You didn’t look fine. I want the truth.” Brendon said staring at me.

“I felt someone is watching me. But it isn’t in the sense of like how you or Pete did when we met. This is much more dangerous. Someone is out looking for me.” I said looking at Brendon’s concerned face.

“How do you know?” Brendon asked.

“I saw someone in a quick flash but I couldn’t see their face.” I said in a trance like state.

“Amanda!” Brendon said snapping out of thought.

“Oh, sorry.” I said.

“You have had this before. I can tell.” Brendon said.

“Don’t tell anyone. I don’t want them to worry, not even Pete. He has enough to deal with.” I said.

“I will keep it for now but if you have another attack I will tell.” Brendon said. “How long have you been having them?” He asked me.

“For a couple of weeks actually. Truthfully it’s not Beckett I see. I don’t know who it is but it is another reason I wanted to get away. I just didn’t want to tell you guys. But now I realized I can’t run from my problems. I have to face them and there will be a day I will have to face this one.” I said worried.