Bite Me

Pardon Me

(Pete's POV)
“Whoa, is that all you got?” I said getting up. “How’d she do that? Amanda’s stronger than me and she doesn’t even realize it.” I said to myself.

“I am so sorry. I guess I didn’t even realize my own strength.” she said.

“Really, then take this.” I said quickly getting her to fight back at me. I grabbed her from behind and she fought back really tough. Each time I tried to attack her she came back even harder giving me some bruises and I’m really strong. “Wow, stop!” I said to her. “You passed my little test.” I added.

“What? This whole time you were only testing me? I thought you were seriously pissed at me.” She said upset.

“Well you’re not off the hook totally. I am still mad you came over here uninvited. But seriously after you flipped me as hard as you did, I saw a fire in your eyes. I wanted to test you to see how mad you could get and use that fire in you to do some damage. Where did you learn how to fight like that?” I asked her. I was starting to be impressed again. She may have made me mad but then there was that mysterious side to her that comes out.

“I took gymnastics and some martial arts classes when I was in high school. I wanted to learn how to protect myself. You know you look kind of tired. Are you alright? Did I really hurt you? I’m sorry if I did but you tried to attack me.” She said concerned.

“I’ll be fine. We vampires heal pretty fast. It’s another ability we have. I said taking off my shirt. I was checking how bad the bruise was on my left side. “Well I guess I don’t have to train you how to fight. But you do need some training on how to kill vampires.” I told her.

“So what does this mean? I’m in your group if I survive tonight? She asked me.

“Ha-ha, maybe. But you will survive I promise you, Amanda. I’m not going to let anything happen to you.” I told her reassuring her. It’s my mission. She’s certainly something else. She has a way of surprising me that’s for sure.

“Let’s go at it again. I didn’t even break a sweat.” She said.

“Are you serious?” I said.

“Yes. What’s a matter are you chicken?” She said.

“You are on.” I said coming towards her. Just then she knocked me down again but I got smart and pulled her down to the floor with me.

“Pinned you.” Amanda said sitting on my knees.

“This,” I said grabbing her hands, “Is where you stab the vampire in the heart.” I showed her on my chest. Then I tried to sit up some, her still sitting on my legs. Our eyes met and I felt the need to push her hair back behind her left ear. Then I noticed she had no bite mark on her neck.

(Amanda's POV)
I can’t believe Pete wanted to test me. The nerve of him. I would show him though. If I could get him to rumble with me again I’d get him and teach him a lesson. I did though and I didn’t expect him to drag me down with him as I knocked him down. But I had pinned him, and looking at his chest didn’t hurt from my view point. He certainly had a nice body.

Just then Pete grabbed my hands and showed me where to stab a vampire in the heart. I was starting to get chills. “Pete.” I said still sitting on his legs pinning him and looking into his eyes. Then without him saying anything he sat up some, and pushed my hair back behind my ear. I was feeling so many different emotions as he touched me.

“Where’s your bite mark?” He asked.

Snapping back to reality I said, “That’s what I also needed to tell you. When I took off the bandage this morning, the bandage had blood on it from the wound but there was no mark. I thought it was weird. Shouldn’t there be a scar or something? I was hoping you could tell me. Besides I have seen yours.” I said touching his neck.

“Yes there should be. It is very odd you don’t. Maybe I can research it later or something on the computer.” He said.

The next thing I knew we were gazing in each others’ eyes and he reached for the side of my face touching it and leaning in closer to me. We were about to kiss when we heard the boys come in.