Bite Me

Graduation Day Part Three

The ceremony went really well. When Erelin walked up to receive her diploma, Brendon and I hollered the loudest. I think her dad would have given us a look if we were sitting by him because we were really loud. I think I saw Erelin sort of crack a smile but give an embarrassing look in the crowd as she walked back to her seat.

We waited for Erelin to say her goodbyes to her friends and family after it was all over outside. She was going to ride with us to the party. Brendon and I were reminiscing about our high school days while waiting for her until we were interrupted by her jumping in Brendon’s arms, surprising him.

“Don’t you ever do that to me again!” Erelin said smacking Brendon’s arm as he held her. “And you!” She said leaning over to try and hit me.

“You missed!” I said laughing. Brendon just kissed her to get her to stop hitting him.

“Seriously my dad was like telling me to ditch you guys. I know he was joking but jeez the whole school heard you two.” She said laughing and following me to my car.

“It’s our job to embarrass you. What kind of friends would we be if we didn’t? Besides you won’t see most of your class again.” I said getting my keys out of my purse.

“Wait!” Brendon said pushing Erelin and me behind him.

“I see them. Just great now I am going to get my good outfit dirty I wore for Pete.” I said grabbing some stakes and tossing them to Brendon and Erelin.

We ran over to three vampires who were trying to pick up a couple of girls Erelin knew from her senior class. They saw us and recognized me. They hollered out that I was the slayer to get me. I just looked at Brendon confused as to how they knew because they weren’t Dandies and Beckett hated vampires that weren’t like him.

We fought them off but I threw the last vampire down on the ground placing my foot on his chest digging my heel into him. “Talk!” I said.

“Why should I talk to you? You are just the slayer. You are going to kill me anyways.” The vampire said. I didn’t like that answer very much until I dug my heel really hard into him to where he hollered in pain.

“Amanda doesn’t like the wrong answers.” Brendon said grabbing the vampire and holding him still.

“How do you know I am a slayer?” I asked. “And do you work for Beckett?” I added placing my stake in front of him.

“As I said you are just going to kill me anyways.” The vampire said.

“I punched him hard in the stomach. That’s the wrong answer. You see I like to have a little fun when vampires have something I need. If I just kill you then there is no fun in that.” I said giving Brendon a look. Brendon knew I just killed vampires but he also knew that someone else was after me as well.

“Ok. If it means I get it quick I will tell. All I know is there is some vampire guy. I don’t know his name. He has been popping up in all of our hangouts paying us to find you. He knows a vampire here but I don’t know who. It may be that Beckett guy you said.” The vampire snitched.

Just then the vampire turned into dust in front of me and Brendon. I didn’t stake him but Brendon knew who did. It was a Dandy on the roof of the gym who shot an arrow into the vampire’s heart. Brendon tried to break away from us to go after them but I stopped him.

“Don’t. It may be a trap.” I said holding Brendon from going after the vampire.

“Let’s just go.” Erelin said grabbing Brendon’s arm for assurance.

“Let’s not worry about it now, Brendon. Besides we have a party to go to.” I said as we finally approached my car.

As we got in the car Erelin asked, “What just happened, Amanda? “I know you and Brendon know something. I don’t like secrets. That is not us.” She added.

“Look. I am fine, you are fine, and we all are fine. Let’s not worry about it.” I said driving away from the school.

“Brendon?” Erelin said flashing him a look.

“Erelin for once just trust me and don’t worry about what just happened. You might know soon enough when Amanda is ready to tell. Won’t you, Amanda?” Brendon said.

“Erelin, right now you are safer not knowing what I know right now. Just trust Brendon and don’t ask questions, alright? I promise I will tell you just not right now.” I explained.

We arrived at the party. We showed up a little late but it was better than not being there at all. Erelin was a little ticked at me but she eventually got over it thanks to Brendon keeping her occupied. Now if everything else follows my plan to nab Pete then it will be a perfect night.