Bite Me

Everything According To Plan

My heart raced. My head was beginning to hurt. I turned to look back at Jason who pulled me into one of those passionate kisses you see in the movies. He was an amazing kisser and I am sure Pete saw this as well.

“I’m sorry.” He said pulling away. “But I needed to do that one more time.” Jason said.
I looked over to find Pete was acting like he wasn’t watching from where he was standing, but he was. It made me smile a bit but then I snapped back to reality. What did Jason just say?

“One more time? I don’t understand?” I said. Wait is he breaking up with me? That’s my job to break up with him.

“Amanda, you are a great girl and some guy is going to make you happy but apparently it isn’t me. I have known for awhile now. I see it in your eyes.” Jason said kind of hurt.

“I am so sorry, Jason. I didn’t want to hurt you. I wanted to tell you tonight but you beat me to it.” I said looking down.

“It is alright. I think we can still be friends and hang out right? I like being around you. We do have fun together but as for a relationship at least we know now.” Jason said glad to get it off his chest.

“Yes I would love to still be friends and hang out!” I said hugging him.

Everything was going to work out fine. Jason and I could still be friends and that is what I wanted. I am glad it worked out this way.

“Well if you don’t mind I am going to say a little something to Erelin and then head out. I have a long day in the studio for a song we are doing for a movie.” Jason said with his adorable smile. “And by the way, you should definitely say something to Pete lurking over there. I know he likes you and I think you like him too. It is perfectly fine by me and I hope you two work things out.” He added hugging me again.

“Thanks, Jason.” I said smiling.

“Anytime.” He said walking over to where Erelin was still making Brendon jealous with all her celebrity crushes.

I looked at my watch to see that it was almost ten-thirty pm. I had to leave in a half hour for the airport. I needed to change but I guess first I would talk to Pete since he was here now.

“So it looked like you two were pretty tight.” Pete said as I walked over to him.

“Yeah, we decided to be just friends but we needed that one kiss you know to remember each other by.” I said trying not to laugh. “You were trying to spy on us.” I added.

“Me? Spy? No, that wouldn’t be me. You did end things, right? That’s what you told me the other night.” Pete said all worried.

“Yes. We are just good friends. What’s it matter to you anyway?” I asked him.

“Nothing.” He said shrugging his shoulders.

“Pete you look very handsome tonight.” I replied. Pete was wearing his converses which made me laugh but he had on nice dress slacks, a grey shirt with the sleeves kind of rolled up and a black tie and vest on. Plus he had on his eyeliner which I so loved on him.

“Thanks, I guess. Amanda, you look beautiful.” He said sincere. Then Pete kind of looked sad. I guess from him thinking I was leaving for good.

“Ooh there is a slow song playing and it’s one of my favorites.” I said trying to get Pete to take a hint. The song was Far Away by the band Nickelback. I loved this song. “Dance with me Pete maybe one last time?” I added.

“I don’t dance remember.” Pete said.

“Everyone dances, Pete.” I said looking at my watch. It was time to go. I had ten minutes until I had to leave and I needed to check with Erelin and change my clothes so far.

“Amanda?” Pete said my name.

“Yes?” I said.

“Don’t go.” He said pulling me to him and into an embrace. Only it was an embrace where neither of us wanted to let go.

“Pete,” I whispered in his ear, “Come find me.” “I love you with all my heart.” I said. Then I kissed him on the lips and walked away. I was going to change my clothes and I hated leaving him standing there like that but I had to go.

I changed in the back with the clothes Bev had brought in this morning. I was wearing Pete’s hoodie he had given me the other night, a black baby doll tee and some jeans. Oh and thank goodness I was out of my heels and into my tennis shoes. She would take back my dress and shoes to the apartment later.

I ran out of the back and into the party and found Erelin and Brendon who were cutting her cake like they were married. He did try to slam the cake in her face but she managed to get him first. Everyone laughed.

“Erelin it’s time. Don’t forget when I leave…” I tried to say as she cut me off and Brendon was wiping his face off.

“When you leave grab Pete and tell him where you are going.” She responded.

“Right.” I said.

“Hey, I called a friend and you can stay with him.” Brendon said.

“Who?” I asked.

“I called Jon from my band. He lives in Chicago and as long as his girlfriend doesn’t come back he said for you to stay there.” Brendon said slipping the address and phone number in my pants pocket.

“Thanks.” I said with tears starting to come.

“Hey, what are friends for.” Brendon said hugging me.

“Yeah, we stick up for each other and it is the least we can do after all you have done for us.” Erelin said.

“There you are!” I turned to see Sam finally show up.

“You have caught me at a bad time, Sam but I will explain later.” I said.

“You didn’t tell me you knew Fall Out Boy!” She exclaimed.

“Sam, I have to go say something to Bev but Erelin will explain everything.” I said with her nodding yes that she would take care of everything.

I hugged Sam, Brendon, and Erelin then walked over to Bev and Joe. I told them to help Erelin out with my plan if needed and I already knew they would. I hugged them then walked to the door. I gave one last look at where Pete was before I left. He looked over from where he was talking with Patrick and stared at me. Then I walked out and took off to the airport hoping Pete would eventually catch up to me.