Bite Me

Welcome To Chicago

The plane we were on from Colorado finally landed in Chicago. I had tried to fall asleep again on Pete, but it didn’t work out too well. I really don’t like to fly that much and I realized why. I am not usually pronged to motion sickness but there was so much turbulence on this flight I got worried. I held on to Pete who I think didn’t seem to mind very much and had tried to set my mind at ease. He would just smile and laugh every time we had gone through the turbulence.

We walked down to baggage claim and I stopped to look at my watch. It was 5 am L.A. time and 9 am Chicago time. Oh, the jet lag I am going to have. I found my bag and got out my cell phone.

“Who are you going to call?” Pete asked nervously as he stared out the main entranceway of the airport. It was definitely daylight as I knew it would be. I was hoping Jon would pick up and have an idea what to do with Pete.

I dialed Jon’s number and walked away from Pete a bit. Pete tried to follow but I put my hand up for privacy. He just gave me this look.

Jon’s end of the phone line rang and rang until I heard a tired voice answer the phone. “Hello?” Jon said all sleepy.

“Jon? It’s Amanda. I could use that ride and place to stay now?” I said not knowing how he would react to me since he never met me before. He was only helping me through Brendon.

“Hey! Sure!” Jon said perking up. “A friend of Brendon’s is a friend of mine. Besides he has told me how you have saved his life and all. I have to meet you.” He said all excited.

“Well, I have one slight problem.” I replied.

“What’s that?” He said on his end.

“Pete decided to follow me and he has no clothes or food.” I said.

“I thought he wasn’t supposed to follow you until tomorrow?” Jon asked confused.

“Well, I guess Brendon and Erelin told him to find me today.” I said laughing.

“Well, I have a few blankets we can throw over him. I can park in the passenger pick up area and walk in to get you.” He replied. “I have some clothes he can borrow until later when it gets dark and he can get out. After I pick you guys up and drop you off at my place, I can go to the butcher or something.” He added.

“That would be great. You already know what Pete looks like but I will be the red head standing beside him.” I said.

“Ok. Give me an hour and I will be there.” Jon said.

“Will do. Thanks for your help, Jon.” I replied.

“No problem. Later.” He said.

“Bye, Jon.” I said hanging up.

I turned around to see that Pete had some fans gathering around him. I laughed a bit until he signaled for me to help him out. There was only a group of three teenage girls who just wanted a hug and autograph. I walked over to see one of them reach for a camera.

“Um, I don’t mind signing something girls, but I’m not in the mood for a picture. I just don’t feel well.” Pete said to the girls.

“Ok, Pete.” The girl with the camera said.

“I hope you guys will eventually do another record when you get better, Pete.” Another girl said.

“I don’t know.” Pete said looking at me.

“Thanks for the autograph and hug, Pete.” The third girl said.

“No problem. You guys be good and don’t stay out late.” He warned them.

“Well I think you handled that well.” I said approaching him and wrapping my arms around him. “But just so you know, those teenies can’t have you, you are mine.” I said trying to make Pete laugh.

“Oh, really, is that so?” Pete replied laughing back at me.

“Yes and don’t you forget it.” I said smiling.

“So who were you on the phone with and what are we going to do now? I can’t go out there.” Pete said nervously.

“Well, actually, I called your friend from Panic at the Disco, Jon.” I said all happy.

“How do you know Jon?” Pete asked confused.

“I don’t. Brendon called him for me before I left. He is coming to get us and he is bringing some dark blankets to cover your head and hands in.” I replied.

“Are you sure it will work?” Pete asked.

“Yes, I did it with Brendon so he could get to Erelin’s graduation party only he kept mumbling and griping about his hair messing up.” I said laughing.

“Now that is funny.” Pete said smiling.

I pushed his hair out of his eyes and smiled at Pete. I was so happy he found me now I hope he doesn’t hate me when I spring him on his parents. Pete just looked in my eyes and then kissed me. We did this for awhile, talk and kiss.

Everything was perfect until I heard a voice call out my name and Pete’s. It was Jon we saw as we looked over to see who was calling for us. He had arrived with blankets in hand.