Jordan will you be the one Staal

Will you be the one?

“J-Jordan?” I asked. I was breaking down at the door.
“You weren’t supposed to be home until tomorrow afternoon.” he said, panicked. Jordan was sitting on the couch with a girl in his lap, they were kissing.
“My plane left earlier than it was supposed to. Is this what you do when I’m not here?”
“Ember-”
“No you know what Jordan, I’m done. I’m done with you, I’m done with us. I’m getting my things and going back to Australia.”
“Please don’t go.” he said.
The girl got up and left only leaving him with 6 words, “And you said you loved me.”
“You love her and me, wait I guess you don’t love me. If I were you I’d chase after her, because at this point she’s all you’ve got.”
“Please Ember I need you..”
“No. You need a make-out buddy Jordie.” I said and with that I went and packed my stuff. I took it downstairs and out the door. I walked back in.
“Goodbye Jordan.” I said hugging him.
“Bye Em.” he said and kissed my forehead.

I was just getting ready to get a ticket when he called.

Jordan called me;;;

“Listen Em I’m really really sorry.” he said.
“Why did you do it?”
“I don’t know and I’m really sorry about this, I really am. Can we still be friends?”
“Jordan I would never want you not to be in my life.”
“Ember are you ok?”
“Uhh, what do you consider ok?”
“I feel like an ase.” he said.
“I’m just really upset, that’s all.”
“Like crying upset?”
“Yeah Jordie, like crying upset.”
“I’m so sorry. Will you please come back.”
“I was hoping you wouldn’t let me leave.” I said and let out a sob. The whole time on the phone I had been crying but this time it was noticeable.
“You’re crying really hard not aren’t you?”
“Yeah.” I said.
I heard him mumble something. I knew he felt bad.
“Jordan, are you sure you want me there?”
“Ember I want you no matter what.”
“Jordan, you don’t mean that.”
“I do too.”
“Jordan…..why….did….you cheat?” I asked between sobs.
Jordan let out a sob on the other end, the strong center for the Pittsburgh Penguins was crying.
“Can you just come home and I’ll explain everything.” he said, still crying.
“Please don’t…cry.” I said.
I drove home, the road was blurry due to my tears.

I went into the house and what I saw made me just break down…..

Jordan was on the floor, in a ball. He was sitting against the couch with his arms wrapped around his legs. His head was resting on his arms. When the door shut he looked up.

“I screwed up.” he said. He had tears not just running but streaming down his face.
I walked over and sat behind him on the couch, criss-cross applesauce or Indian style; whatever you prefer. I massaged his back. He leaned his head back to rest on my legs.
“I’m not mad, upset but not mad.”
“I never meant to hurt you Em.”
“I know you didn’t. Why did you do it though?”
“I wasn’t thinking.”

Kris walked through the door, throwing his hockey stuff down. He looked at both of us.

“What happened?” he asked.
“I cheated on Ember.” Jordan said, his eyes closed but tears streaking down the corners.
“Dude Em are you alright?”
“I guess.”
“Dude Jord are you ok?”
“Do I look ok Tangers?”
“No. Stupid question huh?”
“Very.”
“Well I’ll let you two be alone.”
“Thanks.” Jordan said.

Kris was out the door and Jordan and I were alone.

“Listen Em, I never meant to hurt you. I’m a stupid guy, we aren’t good at relationships, especially me.”
“Jordan can we just be friends?”
“Em I just want to make you happy, I want you in my life.”
“I’ll be there as a friend but nothing more.”
“Can I still tell you how much I love you.”
“Jordan, can we just keep the whole relationship thing on the back burner here? Let’s invite all the guys over and have a party.”
“Fine.” he said.

Three hours later the quiet apartment we own was filled with guys, girls, booze, blasting music and dimmed lights.

Geno was sitting all alone. I went over and sat on his lap.

“What about Staal?” he asked. He had his arm wrapped around my waist.
“Geno, will you wipe away tears.”
“Always.” he said. I started to cry and Geno held me close to him. He wiped away my tears. Sid came over.
“What happened?” he asked.
“Rough day.” I said. He rubbed my back while sitting beside me and Geno. Soon Kris and Max were sitting around us. Max sat on the floor in front of us, holding my hand.

Jordan walked over.
“Em are you alright?”
“Staal what happened?” Sid asked.
“I cheated on her.”
“Dumbase.” Kris mumbled into my ear.
“Ember can I talk to you outside?”
“Sure.”

I got up and walked outside with Jordan.

He got on one knee.

“Ember Colette Mason, will you be the one?” he asked. He opened the box revealing a beautiful ring.
“Forever and always Jordie.” I said and kissed him. Hoots and hollers were heard behind us, Jordan just stuck up his middle finger and continued kissing me. We were tackled to the ground by the team and I was on the bottom, Jordan and I were hand in hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
I liked this one, it was my first story other than a one shot :]