The Kidnapping Of Marshall Freedmont

The Kidnapping of Marshall Freedmont Chapter 10

“Hello again.” Said the secretary. “Here are your papers. You are now divorced.”

“Hi. Thank you.” I replied. “I’m so grateful.” I said picking up the papers. “Goodbye.” I said as I walked out. I was looking back and I ran directly into someone, and fell right down, dropped my papers and everything. “Oh! Oh! I’m so sorry!” I exclaimed, and then I gasped as I looked up and recognized who I’d run into. “Grant? Grant Percival Tall! Is it you!?” I exclaimed.

Grant smiled and said. “Yes Ansilie, my love. It’s me.” He held out his hand to help me up. “I can’t believe I found you. I’ve been looking for years. I’ve finally found you!” he exclaimed, throwing his arms around me.

“What do you mean you’ve been looking for me? I tried for years to get in contact with you again after we broke up! I called, I wrote, I texted your brother. I didn’t know what else to do!” I exclaimed.

“Yeah… Yeah… I know you did, I just… I wasn’t ready… I was still in the army and when I did get out, I couldn’t find you. You had disappeared. I went to Bethany looking for you but you’d fled already. I finally found an old friend of yours who would talk to me. All she would tell me was that you’d left the country. Finally I found out what airline you used. From there I questioned the airlines and finally found out where you’d went. And I came here to see if they knew where you were. And here you were…” He said.
“Yes, here I am. Did my friends tell you anything else?” I asked curious to see if he knew about my recent past.
“No, they were extreamly tight lipped about you. It was weird… What were they protecting you from? Did our break up hurt you that much?” He asked. I suddenly began to cry.
“Grant, you have no idea how much it hurt me, but that was not what they were protecting me from. I have many new monsters in my life.” I said sadly. “Seriously Grant, you probally won’t want to be with me after I tell you everything, but I still love you and I always will.” I continued softly.
“Shhh, Ansilie, Tell me everything I’m not going anywhere.” He said pulling me to a bench to sit. “I’ve got plenty of time.”
“Okay,” I say, “But you’re not going to like it Grant”
I warned him, then I took a deep breath. “I liked this guy at my college, and he got kidnapped, the only way to save him was to prove he wasn’t gay and so I tried to do it without going all the way but… Well he pretty much raped me. The kidnappers had to pull him off me. I married him that night, he took me off to this crappy motel and raped me again… I didn’t resist much this time it was his right as my husband but he hurt me. He didn’t wait for me to get ready. The next day I left for class without waking him up or making him breakfast and he wasn’t happy. He caught me after class and… Well.” I showed him the bruises that were just fading. “He did that and pushed me down when he saw two of my friends coming… I then ran away. I came here and I just finalized my divorce to him.” I said taking a breath so I could tell him about the writing contract but he cut me off.
“Ansilie, you were right when you said I wouldn’t like it, but I’m not going anywhere. I still love you and I want you to be my wife, I don’t care about some idiot who married you for two days… I mean I do, I want to kill him but, that doesn’t stop me from loving you. Please don’t let him come between us…” He said softly. Looking me in the eye I could tell he wanted to kiss me, but I couldn’t, not yet.
“I’m sorry Grant… I can’t… I’m still hurting… And I don’t just mean Marshall, what you did to me hurts worse than what he did… I mean he never left me as far as I know he’s still looking for me, you actively refused my attempts to contact you, I have a lot of trust issues right now. We can be friends and work our way up if you want, but, for now that’s all I can offer.” I said.
“You’re serious, aren’t you Ansilie?” he asked and I nodded. “Okay. We’ll do it your way because I love you that much and I know we can work our way up.” He said.
“I was on my way to the beach… Do you want to come? We can walk and talk… Where are you staying?” I asked.
“Well, I just got here and I left my stuff at a motel, but, I’ll have to find another place to stay soon… Any ideas?” he asked hopefully.
I smiled, I still had the little house behind the hotel. “Well I know a lady who will loan you the house right behind the hotel, it’s kinda run down, but… You can use it if you want.” I told him.
“Oh, really?” he asked I nodded. “Who is the lady?” I smiled. “It’s your house?!” He asked astounded, I nodded. “Well where will you stay? You know if I’m in your house…”
“I have a new place on the beach I’ll stay there. I’m not using the other house at the moment, so you can.” I offered.
“How bad is your beach house?” He asked hoping I wasn’t giving him the better house to be nice.
“It’s amazing, Grant, you have to see it! I’ve never been in a house so beautiful and perfect! I’m sorry if I were nice I’d let you stay there and move my stuff back to the old house but I love my new beach house and I just moved in yesterday, so you’ll have to suffer.” I said.
He laughed. “I was afraid you were going to take the worse house and I was going to insist on taking the worse one!” He chuckled.
“I’m not the same girl I was 4 years ago Grant. I’m not as nice as I was, and I’m not as trusting… Not even close… If you think it’s going to be easy to get me to let you date me you’re wrong… Very VERY wrong. I’ve been hurt too many times. I’m warning you now this is going to be hard.” I said sadly.
“Ansilie, I don’t care if it takes my entire life to win your heart back I will do everything in my power to gain your trust and love. I swear.” He said simply.
I shrugged. “Okay well, lets go to the beach. You can see my beach house if you want.” I told him, as we got in my new car.
“Ansilie? How did you pay for this beach house, and this car?” He asked shocked.
♠ ♠ ♠
Will Grant win Ansile's trust? And if so is there any way he can still win her heart? What about Marshall?