This Isn't a Fairytale, It's My Life!

Questions

The next morning, I drove to school early, so no one would see me and I stood at his locker, placing the sign on it. It was black poster board with silver letters and purple paper surrounding his name and our mascot. I was proud of it though, I stood and admired it, then kids started entering as I rushed to finish it.

I stood at my locker, which conveniently was across from his and he walked in, with a surprise. He looked at his locker and smiled, the biggest smile I had seen yet. I shoved my head in my locker, as I grinned. He was so happy, and I was glad I did it. I hoped he wouldn’t recognize the materials, I wanted it to stay secret.

Chelsea walked up next to me as she opened her locker. “Who decorated Nick’s locker?” she looked at it.

“I did.” I whispered.

“What?” she teased.

“I felt bad, so I did.” I muttered.

“Aww.” She clasped her hands together.

“Shut up.” I scowled. “He is not to know.”

“I won’t tell.” She shook her head.

We walked to our first period, with Chelsea teasing me of course, where I sat next Nick, and for some reason I was looking forward to seeing him again. I walked in the class with my bag slung over my body. I sat down in my seat and pulled out my book. Derek sat in his seat throwing something at me when I shot him a death glare and he just laughed and looked away. I wish I had never dated that idiot. Yes, you heard me right. Back two years ago I was dating him as a freshman when I was popular. We broke it off four months later, and here I am today. Nick sat in front of me taking his seat, he turned to Derek and started talking to him. I just chomped on my gum trying not to chew my lip off as they sat there swapping jokes about me. I don’t know why I ever took it but after the date I was expecting Nick not to make fun of me and he did. I was really pissed too, to think I was actually starting to like him? When the bell sounded I rose out my seat and darted out of the room. I walked furiously to my next class as someone followed. I turned around to see Nick.

“What Nick?” I replied in anger.

“I’m sorry.” He apologized. He knew I was mad.

“Don’t talk to me.” I shook my head and began to walk away. He tried catching up with me again.

“Belle.” He started as he grabbed my arm. I ripped my arm from his grip and scowled. “I mean it. I’m sorry.”

“If you were sorry, you wouldn’t have ignored me.” I tried not to look at him as he was giving me a puppy dog pout.

“Am I ignoring you now?” he stepped closer to me touching me again with his hands.

“Get your hands off of me.” I turned away him starting to walk away. He threw his hands up in terror as he saw the anger in my eyes. He tried saying something else but I didn’t catch it as I stormed away in a fit of rage.

I was so pissed that I couldn’t see straight. I couldn’t believe I was starting to like the jerk. He was just like Derek, not forceful in the beginning but once you let him have what he wanted, he forced you to do more. Though I knew I would have to face him again after school to take him home, I hated that he lived with me. I wish he would leave.

When school ended I walked out with Chelsea. I was still fuming at Nick, he stood with Zach as Chelsea embraced him. “Let’s go Nick.” I growled not even giving him the satisfaction of me looking at him. He followed behind me with his head down. We climbed into my car as I started the engine.

“I’m really sorry Belle.” He finally let out.

“Nick, just drop it.” I scowled.

“You look really pretty today.” He breathed. I kept my eyes on the road as the words soaked into my brain. Did Nick like me?

We got home and he stepped out first, making it to the porch before I did. He knew I was still mad, so he quickly made an exit. I walked slowly as his words still floated in my brain. My mom sat on the couch alone.

“Hey mom.” I said closing the door.

“Hi honey.” She smiled. I walked around the couch and sat down.

“Can I talk to you?” I huffed as I heard Nick slam his door. I was really confused but I had to know. I had to tell someone.

“What happened at school today?” she looked at me questioningly.

“That’s what I wanted to talk to you about.” I turned back to her.

She smiled as she sat up closer to me. “Sure sweetie.”

“Well, you know the date I went on the other night?” I folded my arms.

“Yes, I was excited for you.” She smiled.

“Nick was my date.” I scowled.

“Oh.” She put her hand up to her mouth.

I had to tell her I had fun with him, because the truth was that I did and I really wanted to like him but he was still a jerk and it was getting on my nerves.

“And I had fun.” I finished blushing. “But then today, he made fun of me.”

“Boys are weird.” She shook her head. “Do you like him?” she asked seriously.

“I think I’m starting to, and then he pulls a stunt like that.” I frowned.

“Well give him a chance to redeem himself.” She smiled. “I think he likes you too.”

“How do you know?” I asked curiously.

“The way he looks at you.” She giggled. “I noticed him staring at you during dinner the other night.”

“Really?” I sat up in surprise.

“Yes. He was.” She confirmed.

“Thanks mom.” I smiled as I hugged her. She looked at me shocked as I hugged her for the first time In two years.

“No problem sweetie.” She smiled loving it.

I walked back up the stairs and Nick had his door open and he was playing his Xbox. I smiled and rolled my eyes as he never noticed. I pulled out the movie that I fell asleep during and watched it. It was “The Notebook” I picked it out because I wanted to torture Nick. I cried at the end before falling asleep.