This Isn't a Fairytale, It's My Life!

Nice Game

We got to school and everyone saw me get out of his car, assuming everything was fine between us when it wasn’t. He again ignored me all day, though we practiced our scene one more time before tomorrow and this time I did touch him. Which stunned him and Derek. I just shot a cocky grin up at Derek and continued to watch Nick. I was ready for this. Chelsea walked with me.

“Are you going to the hockey game tonight?” she wondered.

“Why?” I really had no interest.

“Well Zach asked me to go to cheer for him, and I don’t want to go alone.” She pouted.

“I’ll go with you.” I frowned but it was an excuse to see Nick so I took it.

“Sweet!” she shouted excited.

She walked off in the opposite direction and I walked off to my class, and hoped that tonight would go over okay. I hated things being awkward between Nick and I but I just wasn’t ready to admit that I fell for him. Though pretty much everyone else knew. When school ended I waited for Nick by his car. He pulled out his keys from his black sports pants and opened his door as I climbed in with no help. He sighed and buckled my seatbelt with no argument.

“Thank you.” I replied quietly.

“How’s your arm?” he asked as he wouldn’t look in my direction.

“Okay I guess.” I sighed wanting more than anything for him to look at me.

We drove in silence the rest of the way home. He helped me from the car and walked in angry. I pulled on some sweats and a t-shirt, the same t-shirt Nick was wearing the first night we met. I stole it from him. I pulled a zip up hoodie on top of it pulling my hair up into a ponytail and slid some clogs on. I walked down the stairs and sat with my mom until Chelsea would arrive, Nick rushed down the stairs and to his car, speeding off before Chelsea pulled in.

“Hey sweetie.” She said as I got in her car.

“Hey.” I pulled my seatbelt over and she buckled it for me.

“You miss Nick don’t you?” she asked as she drove.

“What do you mean I live with him?” I scowled. “I see him everyday.”

“And it kills you because he won’t look at you.” She eyed me.

“Yes.” I cried as we arrived in the parking lot. She climbed out only before unbuckling my seatbelt.

“You both have it bad.” She shook her head.

“I messed up Chels.” I admitted as we walked into the ice rink. “I really hope he forgives me.”

“He will.” She nodded with a smile.

We walked in purchasing our ticket as we took our seats in the stands. I spotted Nick right away as he sat on the sidelines. I saw Zach and Derek next to him but kept my eye on Nick who skated out to the center. He looked angry but he scored every shot that he took, and he won the game for the team.

I was astounded at his talent down there and I smiled every time he made a shot. He actually smiled and it made me happy. When the game ended Chelsea ran up to them and hugged both of them, which I felt a hint of jealously slip through, that she hugged him and not me. She drove me home and I walked up the stairs.

Tomorrow would be the day that my life would change forever and I was so ready for it. After his game he was in a better mood than he was before but still in a cranky mood. He walked up the stairs and plopped down on his bed. I sat on the edge of his bed. I wanted to ask some questions before tomorrow.

“Belle.” He acknowledged my presence.

“Nice game.” I smirked.

“You were there?” he shot me a confused look.

Yes, and I was staring at you the entire time, and Nick I love you. I thought. Though the words would not escape my lips. Choosing the other option, this is what I said,

“Yeah, Chelsea wanted to be there for Zach and asked me to go.” I nodded.

“Oh.” He looked in the other direction.

“Can I ask you something?” I touched his arm. I want to touch more than this but, it’ll do for now.

“What?” he sat up.

“Do you love your ex?” I choked.

“Not really.” He pursed his lips.

“Then why are you going back to her?” I pretty much already knew the answer, because of me.

“If she is having my child, I want to be there.” He sighed.

“What if she isn’t?” I questioned.

“Then I’m screwed.” He turned in the opposite direction.

We sat in awkward silence for nearly five minutes as I filtered my brain of all the thoughts that I wanted to announce but I had to prove to him that I loved him. I was going to, tomorrow.

“Nick?” I finally broke the silence after five minutes.

“What?” he asked annoyed.

“Why did you fall for me?” I asked looking down at my hands.

“I don’t even know.” He scowled looking at me.

“I hope you’ll be there to catch me when I fall.” I said as fast as I possibly could. I rushed out of his room and closed the door waiting for tomorrow to come. He sat up mystified, I knew he was watching me but I didn’t say a word as I got up the next morning.

I pulled on a jean skirt with a plaid button up shirt and some flats as he opened his door. “Do you need me to take you to school?” he wondered.