This Isn't a Fairytale, It's My Life!

The Future

We sat next to each other in class and opened our books. Derek walked into the class with heat. “What are you trying to prove Madden?” he snapped at Nick.

“What are you talking about?” he asked.

“First, you take all my friends away from me, then you take Belle away from me too?” he shouted not really realizing what he was saying.

“Belle was never yours to begin with, you broke up two years ago.” He shouted. “And as far as our friends, they are still your friends, but we never were.”

“I’m sitting right here Derek.” I warned him.

“Seriously Belle.” Derek looked at me. “You’re going with Nick, when you could be with me?”

“I love him.” I replied so he would get it. “Nothing is going to change that.”

“Whatever.” Derek mumbled before walking to his desk.

I flashed Nick a smile and he grabbed for my hand. He held my hand in his lap as we kept staring back and forth at each other in class. It was the weirdest feeling I ever encountered but I absolutely loved it. After our history class he walked me to my other classes and then we walked out to his car, holding each other and not letting go.

We stood as his car, he squeezed me up against him for a minute and kissed before getting in. “I’m sorry.” I blurted as I looked up at him. “I wanted to tell you, but I thought you wouldn’t believe me until I showed you.”

“I believe you.” He bent down kissing me again.

We got in his car and sped off, his car rumbling under my legs, again sending the strange sensation through my body, and this time I knew what it was. I was totally hot for the guy driving. I watched Nick as he drove, placing my hand on his leg, running it up and down. “Quit Belle.” He muttered weakly. “You’re going to make me wreck.” He was enjoying my gesture way too much. I laughed and took my hand back placing it in my lap. Then he reached over putting his hand in mine. I looked up at him and smiled.

“Sorry.” I blushed.

“You’re not ready for that Belle.” He responded. “I love you too much to do that before you are ready.”

“Were you ready for it when you did with your ex?” I asked bravely.

“No.” he answered honestly. “I didn’t really think about it then, but I care way more about you that I ever did her.”

I was nervous as I asked him about his past but I really wanted to know his feelings for me.

“Seriously?” I raised my eyebrow.

“Yes Belle.” He looked at me as he parked his car. “I really love you, and I’ve never felt like this before, about anyone.”

I reached for his face and caressed his cheek before leaning in and kissing him. “Thank you.” I said as opened my eyes.

He put his hands through my hair and admired it. “I love your new look.” He smiled.

“Good.” I smiled. He unbuckled my seatbelt and walked over to my side of the car lifting me out of the car. He walked to the door with my arms around him before letting me down on the porch; he opened the door as we both looked around. We were home alone, which was great! I noticed a note sitting on the table and picked it up reading it as his lips played on my neck.

“Nick…” I gulped.

“What?” he immediately was worried.

“This is for you.” I handed him the letter. It was from a school in New York. He ripped open the letter and read it. His eyes wondered across it and a smile played on his face.

“What?” I wondered.

“I got into NYU.” He smiled.

“I thought you said you liked here better?” I wondered.

“I love it here, because you are here.” He answered honestly. “But I applied for NYU before I even moved here. I’ve been wanting to go there for a long time.”

“What are you planning on majoring in?” I asked.

“Film.” He looked at me.

“Oh.” I blushed.

“Belle.” He grabbed my hand and pulled me to the couch. “ What are your plans for college?”

“Well I was hoping I could do acting.” I pouted as I placed my chin in my hand.

“You would get into NYU without a problem.” He smiled confidently.

“You think?” I raised my head up looking at him.

“I have connections, and you are an amazing actress.” He touched my face softly.

What did he mean connections? I wondered, and I hadn’t really thought about college to be honest. I wanted to wait, but maybe this would be a good idea.

“What do you mean connections?” I raised my eyebrow.

“My dad is the dean.” He laughed.

“Oh.” I sat back. “Well I don’t want to get in, just because I’m your girlfriend.”

“I’ll help you send in an admissions essay, and then I’ll talk to him to see what he can do.” He smiled. “ You won’t get in, just because you’re my girlfriend.”

“Okay.” I smiled at the idea.

He leaned in kissing me. “We’ve got the entire summer to have tons of fun here.”

“I know.” I nodded with a smile as I pulled myself into his lap.

“I like the sound of that.” He tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear.

“What?” I giggled.

“You being MY girlfriend.” He smiled with a sparkle in his eye.

“I like it too.” I giggled. “You’re MY boyfriend.” I put my finger on his nose. I kissed him again as I rested on his chest, while we sat in the living room.