This Isn't a Fairytale, It's My Life!

Moms

He was right, we had almost two more months of school, and we were both graduating. I was excited that he had asked me to go to New York with him. I wanted to get out of here and experience something different, and I really was. This whole experience was different. I laid thinking about everything as he ran his fingers through my hair.

“You’re being quiet, are you okay?” he asked breaking the silence.

“Yeah, I was just thinking.” I sighed.

“About what?” he asked.

“The future.” I sat up.

“What do you see?” he asked.

“You.” I smiled.

“Belle.” He smiled as I took my resting place back.

“Yes Nick?” I rolled my eyes.

“I know when I fell in love with you… But when did you fall for me?” He sat up, making me sit up.

I thought about it for a moment. It didn’t take me very long to respond either. “When you let me drive your car.” I answered.

“Why then?” he wondered scrunching his nose.

“Because you shared something of yours with me.” I smiled widely.

He shook his head and kissed my forehead. “That was when I did.” He mumbled through the kiss.

“Are you serious?” I almost cried.

“Yes.” He looked down at me with the most beautiful smile. “When I handed you my keys, you looked so excited, and when you were driving you looked so adorable. It made me realize that I had made you happy. It made me believe in love again.”

“But you…” I stopped. I looked at him and kissed him passionately. He fought to breathe as I let myself take control. I pressed myself against him and then released the kiss.

“Babe,” he laughed. “What’s gotten into you?” he wondered.

“Nothing.” I shook my head. “I just love you.”

“You are sure saying that a lot, not that I mind.” He commented. “I love you too.”

“I made you believe in love again?” I caressed his face.

“Yes.” He kissed my hand on his face. Then looked down. “When I was with Melissa, I spend tons of money on things for her, and she hardly ever noticed them and she was never happy with anything I did, and she stole a lot of my things.” He frowned. “When I let you drive my car, I could tell that you were happy, and I hadn’t spent any money on you at all.”

“Money doesn’t matter to me.” I shook my head. “Though I still love my Scooby-Doo.”

“I’m glad.” He smiled.

We spent the entire weekend together, he took me shopping on Saturday at the flea market, and Sunday we laid around the house watching a whole bunch of movies, our own film festival as we called it. We were lying in my bed as a movie ended. I was nodding off and so was Nick. Nick was lying behind me with his arms around me as we watched the movie. He rose out of the bed, climbing over me, then peeled off his shirt throwing it on my floor. I watched with approval as he walked back over, I took my place towards the wall as he laid down on the outside of the bed, where I just was then he took my arm placing it over him. We had done this routinely even when we weren’t together, but it was much better now. “Do you think our moms know that we pretty much always sleep in the same bed?” I laughed at the thought.

“Yeah.” He yawned. “They know.”

“How?” I raised my eyebrow.

“Last week your mom came up to talk to you but you were still sleeping and I didn’t want to wake you.” He licked his dry lips before planting a kiss on me. “You were too cute to disturb.”

I giggled through the kiss, and laid my head on his bare chest. “I love you Nick.”

“I love you Belle.” He kissed my forehead surrounding me with his arms.