This Isn't a Fairytale, It's My Life!

Son of a-

“Now.” Mr. Weaver paced around the room. “You must find your scene and report it to me by the end of class.” He motioned for us to get started. “Get going!” he smiled.

“I already know what I want to do.” Nick looked at me and walked over to a free computer.

“What’s that?” I asked curiously. He just smiled at me stupidly and covered the screen.

“I’ll show you when I print it.” He said smugly.

“Fine.” I pouted as I walked over to Chelsea and Zach. They were staring at each other intensely. My god, just do it already.

“So have you guys decided what scene you are going to do?” I leaned on the table.

“A scene from Twilight.” Chelsea exclaimed.

“That’s not a play.” I shook my head with a lame smile.

I looked over at Nick who was too happy about something.

“Well it should be.” Chelsea defended.

“Good Luck with that.” I smiled at Zach.

“Thanks.” He said scratching his head. He definitely wasn’t sure where it was going, but I knew, because I had read the series.

I walked away and walked toward Nick who was standing at the printer. He held a few papers in his hand and had a large grin on his face. He handed me some papers and I looked down at them. “Are you serious?” I exclaimed.

“You inspired it.” He gloated.

He picked the last scene in Beauty and the Beast. I could have killed this guy. Not only did I not know him, but also he thought I was going to kiss him too, this guy was insane if he even thought he was touching me.

“This has a kiss in it.” I frowned.

“I know.” He nodded.

“I’m not kissing you.” I shook my head.

“We’ll see about that.” He teased.

“Not going to happen.” I folded my arms as I turned from him.

When the bell rang I walked out of my class and walked to my locker, I saw him talking to the jocks. GREAT, another one of those stupid hockey jerks, I thought.
He already had his arm around one of the most popular girls in school, Heather Adams; The typical blonde girl with big boobs and a perfect body. She was another person who had made my life, hell on a daily basis. She also dated Derek off and on, more or less she had dated the entire hockey team. Can you say SLUT?

Today she had already said about 25 mean things to me. I don’t know why it really mattered to me. On the outside I tried not to show it but on the inside it really bothered me. I walked toward the crowd when Derek pinched my ass. Shivers went down my spine as I saw Nick with the rest of them and automatically lost interest in him as he laughed when Derek degraded me. They also decided to trip me over and over again which didn’t help matters any.

I stood to my feet and charged at Derek with force, shoving him as hard as I could against the wall. “Fucking asshole.” I mumbled.

I walked to my second period; which I discovered that NIck had that class with me too. Only this time he sat with the jocks and not an assigned seat. I hated my pre-calculus class. I only took it because I had to. I wasn’t any good in math and I had the entire hockey team in my class and it was hard to concentrate. Luckily I was passing because of Chels, she had the same teacher later in the day and she was great in class. She let me copy the homework and when we had a test, she would tutor me.

He was laughing and they were all staring and pointing at me. I couldn’t help but think they were trying to come up with another plan to make my life miserable. I glared in their direction. Just then the guy that Chelsea was completely jonesin for walked up to me, surprisingly in front of his friends. He was the nicest one out of all the stupid jocks in school. He had dark brown hair, dark skin, and bright blue eyes. I had been secret friends with him after Derek and I split, yes I said Derek and I.

“Hey Belle.” He leaned on the empty desk in front of me as I sat doodling.

“Hi Zach.” I said not looking up from my paper.

I didn’t want to look at him, even though I knew he never made fun of me he still knew way too much, more than the others did. Though he had never told a soul about the things I had asked him to keep private it was still hard to trust him.

“I have a question for ya.” He folded his arms. “I went to ask Chelsea on a date today, and she won’t go out with me until I find someone to go with you. She won’t go on a date unless you double with us.”

“Yeah I heard.” I asked glaring at him. “You won’t hurt her will you?”

“No.” He shook his head. His face seemed serious. “ Name your price.”

“I’m not taking your money Zach. If it makes Chels happy I will go, but I promise you if you bring Derek- I will leave and you won’t be dating my friend again.”

“That’s a deal.” He held his hand out for a shake on it. I put my hand in his and continued doodling through class. He walked back over to his friends and they were giggling. I shot a nasty look in his direction and it grew silent.

I wasn’t sure why I had agreed or why I didn’t take his money but I didn’t feel right about it, but something made me regret later that I hadn’t. I was the target for many more pranks at lunch and the rest of the day, because as it were I had at least two jerks in every one of my classes.

One class they decided to spread glue in my seat, the next class they made a fool of me and made me read the entire chapter on the cold war out loud and made me the teacher’s pincushion, like always. I pronounced half the words wrong and the asshole teacher being the perfectionist he was corrected me every time, impatient fucker.

After the day was over with and I finally thought I would be free from them I walked out to my beautiful crimson baby, my 2002 Honda Civic when I noticed something off, a thick yellowish white substance on the hood of my car.

Someone had egged my car, and I knew exactly who it was. I shot my vision over to Derek and his friends, Nick was with them too. They were laughing like idiots. I stomped over to their little gathering.

“Which ever one of you did that,” I pointed over to my car furiously. “To my car is going to get the worst beating of their entire life.”

Derek walked close to me and touched my face. “Aww sweetie, that’s too bad.”

“Don’t fucking touch me Derek.” I growled as I stepped backward.

“You know you like it.” I heard Nick laugh.

I turned to Nick with fire in my eyes. “Fuck you, you don’t even know me.” I scowled stomping away as they all laughed hysterically. I turned it onto some heavy music as I barreled down the road. I hated this town so much, I wanted to move even though I had grown up here and I loved everything else about the town, the school sucked. I couldn’t wait to graduate.

When I pulled into my driveway there was a black Camaro the driveway. I made my way into my house where my mom was sitting on the couch with another woman. Her online lover she had been seeing for six months now, or so I assumed. My mom was head over heels for the woman and she had asked me before if I would mind if she visited.

“Belle is that you?” she asked sweetly.

“Yeah.” I huffed after the day I had.

“Come here.” She turned to me and smiled.

I walked over to the couch where the two women were sitting, and plopped down in the chair adjacent to the couch when I laid my eyes on a woman with light brown hair and brown eyes. She looked beautiful as she sat with a grand smile.

“This is Charlie.” My mom introduced me to her girlfriend.

Yes, my mom was a lesbian. My father died when I was seven and she had been through a nasty marriage after it, then she decided to switch to women, after liking them for years anyways. I smiled. Charlie was pretty, and my mom deserved the best, I could tell she was happy by the smile going from ear to ear on her face.

“Hi.” I mumbled waving.

“This is my daughter Belle.” My mother told Charlie.

Charlie had been here for about a week already but this was the first time I met her. They had gone out most of the first week, and I guess she decided to move in. Which wouldn’t be too bad.

“Nice to meet you Belle.” She nodded.

“Charlie has decided to move here.” Her smile grew even wider.

“That’s great.” I nodded.

I tried to keep my bag on my shoulder, but it wasn’t happening.

“I hope you don’t mind.” My mother gave me a pleading look.

“No mom. It’s fine.” I shook my head with a smile.

“Her son is going to be moving in too.” She added quickly. “Well he moved in too.”

“Son?” I sat up confused.

Of all the things my mother mentioned, she never mentioned Charlie had a son. Maybe he was cute? I wasn’t sure what to think.

“Yes honey, he’s a sweet boy. I think you will like him.” She smiled again.

“I’m not making any promises.” I scowled.

“Please try.” She pouted, and I couldn’t stand it.

“I’ll try.” I nodded folding my arms.

My mother jumped in excitement as they hugged and kissed. I stood up walking to my room when I heard a noise upstairs. Was he already here? Great. This should be interesting. I walked into the spare bedroom which had boxes randomly strewn about, but I saw no one, I heard the noise again realizing it was in the closet and decided to take a peek on my new roommate. I hoped he was cute. Maybe I had a shot? I saw the back of him, he looked oddly familiar, and when he turned around I scowled immediately.