This Isn't a Fairytale, It's My Life!

Don't Touch

Derek cornered Nick as Gaston corned the Beast in the play. He was only enjoying this too much. Derek let out an evil laughter that only sent shivers down my spine as I watched. Nick held his shoulder as Derek pretended to shoot him with an arrow. I snickered as he fell backward; he looked very into the scene.

“Get up! Get up! What’s the matter Beast? Too kind and gentle to fight back?” Derek read. He sounded real

Nick looked up a bit as I watched; this was getting so good it was weird to watch. Derek picked up a binder ready to hit Nick.

“No!” I started, not even reading off the paper. I was taken back by my reaction, but continued.

“Belle.” Nick raised his head looking at me. I wasn’t even sure if he was acting at this point.

“Gaston, don’t!” I stepped closer to Derek, only to cringe. I really didn’t like being this close to Derek.

Derek started to swing down as Nick caught his arm, and stood to his feet defending himself. Nick turned and rushed away to hide. I turned around saying my line. “Let’s go Phillipe.”

Derek looks around as Gaston does searching for the Beast. “Come on out and fight! Are you in love with her Beast? Did you honestly think that she’d want you when she could have someone like me?” he read powerfully. This is getting to ironic, except I felt nothing for Nick.

Nick lunged over to Derek placing him in a chokehold against the wall. It looked all to realistic. I was stunned by what I was witnessing. Nick looked very angry and very into this.

“Put me down, Put me down! Please, don’t hurt me! I’ll do anything! Anything!” Derek pleaded with Nick.

He let him down and shoved him “Get out!” he growled.

I raced over to Nick who stood a few feet away from me and stood there with passion fueling his eyes.

“Beast!” I breathed.

“Belle!” he said softly. I could see the passion he had in his eyes, and my heart started racing as he spoke.

“Belle, you came back.” He muttered.

He started down at me as I stared into his dark eyes as Derek rushed him with something symbolizing a knife, stabbing him in the back. He viciously pulled it away going for another shot when Nick started to sway knocking Derek to the floor. I tried not to laugh with in the scene but stayed in the moment as Nick lay on the ground breathing heavily. I rushed to Nick’s side letting my hair brush his face as I leaned down to him.

“You came back.” He muttered reaching out to me.

“Of course I came back. I couldn’t let them… Oh this is all my fault. If only I had gotten here sooner.” I remembered my line easily.

“Maybe it’s better this way.” Nick forced out as if he really was in pain.

“Don’t talk like that.” I started. “You’ll be alright, We’re together now.” I tried to smile. “Everything’s going to be fine. You’ll see.” I finished sitting back.

“At… least … I got…” he pushed the words out. “to…see you… one… last time.” He pushed his head back.

I stared into his dark chocolate eyes, being way to into this myself. I felt a hint of something I wasn’t ready to feel. I sat up shaking nervously and near to tears.

“I’m sorry Nick, I can’t do this.” I shook my head. “I can’t touch you.”

“What?” he sat up as I broke the scene. He was angry, but I just couldn’t bring myself to do it. Derek snickered and walked off as he watched us.

“I just, I can’t touch you.” I balled my hands into fists. “Not right now.” I was almost in tears as I watched Derek laughing at me. He knew why and I hated him for it.

“It’s okay Belle.” He noticed my discomfort. “We can practice that more later, but you know you eventually will have to.”

I just nodded, I couldn’t tell him. I slumped back in my seat as the bell rang and we walked out of class. The rest of the day I was thinking about the last time I had touched a man.

I was sitting in my bed as I was watching a movie when Nick arrived home from hockey practice. He turned his head in my direction and then walked into his room. I could hear him banging around as I continued to watch the movie.

“Hey Belle.” He greeted leaning on my doorframe.

“Hey.” I looked at him for a quick second.

“What are you watching?” he stepped into my room with his hands in his pockets.

“A Dane Cook movie.” I smiled a bit. “It just started.”

“Do you mind if I watch it with you?” he asked.
I sat up in my bed fluffing my pillow. “I guess.”

“Cool.” He sat down on the floor in front of my bed as I turned on my stomach. We watched it for a while as he laughed at occasional funny parts, but he kept looking up at me. I felt slightly uncomfortable, because it felt like he was watching me more than the movie. The next morning, he was in my room sitting on the floor next to my bed. “What are you doing?” I asked.

“I wanted to make sure you were okay, you slept walk last night.” He nodded. He rubbed the back of his head. “Plus I kinda fell asleep in here after the movie.”

“I was sleep walking?” I exclaimed. I don’t think I’ve ever done something like that before.

“Yes.” He nodded. “You kept saying something about Derek.” He frowned.

“Oh.” I covered my mouth hoping I didn’t say anything too revealing about my past with Derek. I didn’t want Nick to know anything about me right now. I still didn’t trust him. “I’m fine now.” I returned to my hateful scowl.

I got dressed and ran out to my car hoping not to get too wet in the pouring rain as I started my car and got to the school. I pulled into the parking lot as a Misfits song was just ending. I found a parking spot, next to Nick’s car and walked toward the door swinging my bag over my shoulder. Chelsea ran up next to me, and startled me as she began talking.

“I’m so excited for tomorrow!” she shouted.

I started thinking about what tomorrow was, and it was the date. I didn’t want to go, I thought about faking an injury or purposely getting a cold so I wouldn’t have to face some poor loser who would only end up hating me in the end anyways.

“I’m not.” I sighed.

“But you’ll have fun!” she shouted.

“Probably not.” I shook my head.

“Oh whatever sour puss.” She snapped. “You won’t try and ruin my fun.”

I was sitting in bed as the day of my date was arriving nearly two days after I met Nick. I was starting to feel something strange for my new roommate but I wasn’t sure what it was so I tried to fight it. He was an amazing actor, as I would come to find out in performances we would perform in class. My cell phone rang in my hand.

“Hello?” I answered.

“Hey.” Chelsea said excitedly.

“Hey.” I said flatly.

“Get ready for your date, Zach is picking us up in an hour.” She replied.

“Fine.” I spat.

I had been dreading this as it came but I was hoping that maybe Zach knew me well enough that he would find someone else than someone at our school, most of the guys hated me there and I hated most of them.

“I love you Belle.” She laughed.

“Whatever.” I rolled my eyes.

I rummaged through my closet trying to pick out something halfway normal, something that Chelsea had never seen me in. I put on a pair of jeans with a tight teal sweater. I pulled my purple hair back into a ponytail and pulled out some pieces as I walked into the bathroom to put on some make up. I put on some eyeliner and dark eye shadow. Then followed it with some chap stick, and that was all that the guy was getting. I walked out of the bathroom ramming right into Nick with force. I fell backwards to the ground and onto my butt.

“Whoa!” he replied nervously. “I’m sorry.” He pulled me up with ease.

“I could have gotten up on my own.” I scowled as I wiped my butt off.

“I was just trying to help.” He frowned looking down.

“Next time, don’t.” I shook my head folding my arms. “You already help that asshole make my life hell on a daily basis.”

“Who Derek?” he looked at me confused.

“Yes.” I brought my hands to my eyes.

“What’s your deal with him anyways?” he asked curiously.

I swung around furiously. “I hate him, that’s all you need to know.”

“I guess I shouldn’t ask why.” He stood back noticing I was getting angry.

“No.” I looked away from him. I walked downstairs in silence waiting for Chelsea to come with Zach. I still didn’t know why I agreed to do this but I was hoping I might actually have fun. As stood outside waiting for her, Nick walked outside. He stood next to me uncomfortably shaking his keys out as he stood.

“You know I had nothing to do with egging your car right.” He commented.

“I’m going to hate you no matter if you did or not.” I shuddered in chills. “None of his friends deserve my niceness.”

“You don’t even know me.” He said in anger. “You know, the more I get to know you the more of a bitch you become.”

“Good.” I shouted.

“I thought maybe we could have been friends.” He replied.

“Doubtful.” I shook my head.

He trotted off the porch and ran to the car that was a mystery to me from before as he drove away. I watched in anger. I didn’t want him to get to know me. I was done with every guy at school. Soon after he left Zach and Chelsea arrived. I climbed into the back of his blue car as he looked back at me.

“You look nice Belle.” Zach smiled.

“Don’t push it.” I scowled pushing my seatbelt in. I looked at Chelsea who rolled her eyes.

“Okay sorry.” He backed off.

I wanted this date over with as soon as possible, and it was clear from the day I was having that I wasn’t going to be able to have a good time. Chelsea looked at me from the front seat.

“I think you’ll like the guy you are going with.” She smiled.

“Highly unlikely.” I mumbled.

“Belle” She looked with pleading eyes. “Please try to have fun?” she begged.

“I guess.” I rolled my eyes.

We arrived at Kings Island, pulling up to the entrance booth, Zach paid and drove through as I watched the massive rides. I hadn’t been to it yet this year and I thought it might turn out to be fun, but there is always something ruining my fun. It was flashy and bright as the skies turned a pale blue, it looked nice out thought it was chilly. The park had only been open for a week now, and it was packed. We made our way to the entrance gate as we went through security. I saw Nick standing there waiting for someone, his hands shoved in his pockets as he wore a black and white baseball shirt and tight dark jeans. Please don’t let him be my date, I thought. As soon as Chelsea smiled at him I frowned.

“Hey Nick.” Zach smiled lightly hoping I wouldn’t snap his neck off.

“Hey Zach.” He smiled at Zach.