This Isn't a Fairytale, It's My Life!

Running with the Devil

“Well, Belle- he’s not Derek.” I smiled at Zach trying my best to be polite for Chelsea’s sake.

“No he’s not.” I scowled as I folded my arms. He just kept a smile on his face even though I didn’t like this at all.

“Good.” Zach put his arm around me.

“You are so lucky that she’s the only person who can take me down.” I scowled at Zach pointing at Chelsea. I shoved him knocking him slightly off balance as he put his arm around Chelsea.

“I know you’re right.” He laughed. They cut in front of us as I stood next to Nick, I tried not looking at him for a while, when I finally decided it was time to speak, because the silence was more annoying than Nick’s voice and cocky attitude.
I looked up at Nick as we waited in line. “I’m sorry.” I looked away from him.

“About what?” he looked at me curiously.

His eyes were burning with curiosity and I had never seen him like this before, he looked kind of happy that I was his date. That was a change.

“That you had to come here with me.” I let out a small smile.

“At least I can get to know you better.” He smiled.

I looked into his eyes trying not to hate him for the comment he made about me earlier in front of Derek. “I guess.” I looked away again, sort of blushing.
We reached the ticket booth and he handed me a ticket. “Here.”

“I could have paid for that.” I replied.

“Nah, consider it my treat for moving into your house.” He chuckled.

I was surprised he had paid for me, I mean considering how mean I was to him before. He still kept his hands in his pockets. He already knew he couldn’t touch me.

“I can do that.” I smiled as I walked ahead of him.

“A smile?” he looked shocked. “I thought all you ever did was frown.”

Which I’m sure was different, and it was. It had been a long time since I smiled. Even I knew, and that was scary.

“I don’t choose to frown.” I returned to my frown.

“What did they do to you that was so bad?” he seemed concerned.

I wondered why he seemed concerned about me, but I still didn’t want to tell him anything yet. I wasn’t ready for that, and I didn’t know him yet. Chelsea looked at me.

“Are you going to be okay if Zach and I go off on our own?” she looked concerned.

“I can take her home if she wants.” Nick smiled at her. I looked up at him confused.

“I guess.” I curved my lips nervously at her.

“Do you want to go home yet?” he asked me.

“No.” I shook my head.

“Okay then.” He smiled.

“Be careful touching her, she’s really sensitive to people touching her.” I overheard Chelsea whispering to Nick.

“I know.” He nodded. “I discovered that earlier.”

She smiled and started walking in the opposite direction. “Try to have fun you two.”

We both waved and he tucked his hands back in his pocket. He searched for something to talk about as we walked.

“I like living here better than New York.” He blurted as he watched me.

“Why?” I chuckled.

“Because no one knows me here, I can start fresh.” He smiled.

“Well I guess it is nice to get that chance every once and a while.” I nodded.

He was being nice thus far, even though we had our little collision earlier, I tried to give him a chance.

“Seriously what did Derek do to you?” he turned to me with a serious expression.

He totally ruined my happy existence, that’s what he did! I felt like screaming, but no I let myself get tortured everyday.

“I’m sure you’ll find out from Derek sooner or later.” I folded my arms again.

“I don’t want to hear it from Derek.” He shook his head. “I want to hear it from you.” He stopped, taking a grip on my jacket and pulling me into a game booth. He hadn’t broken the rules yet, he grabbed my hoodie, not me. “Come here.”

I looked at him caught off guard. “What?” I looked around noticing a big wrestling ring where people were dressed in a giant inflatable sumo costumes. I smiled watching a couple fight. This could be fun.

“You wanna fight me?” he smiled.

A guy just totally asked me to fight him! This could be fun. He walked up the podium putting us up to fight next, and I was totally pumped.

“Bring it on.” I challenged.

We were the next to go as the crowd chanted. I looked down noticing some faces but tried to brush it off and have fun. I climbed into the red suit and he climbed into the blue. They stood us at opposite corners of the ring and the announcer started.

“In the blue corner we have the challenger.” He rumbled surprising me a bit. “and in the red corner we have the champion.” He drew out pointing to me. “Fight stance.” He called. We crouched down as we watched the others. “FIGHT!” he shouted. I lunged toward Nick knocking him to the ring. Then we stepped back and did it again only this time he pinned me.

“Gotcha.” He teased.

“Not for long.” I teased back. Was I finally having fun with a guy? Yes I believe I was. We played three rounds and I won each of them, he was probably letting me but hey it was still fun. After getting out of the costumes, we walked out of the building laughing.

“Did you have fun?” He asked through a laugh trying to breathe.

“Yes actually I did.” I nodded.

“Good.” He smiled at me.

“But that still doesn’t mean I’m telling you what you want to know.” I replied putting my hands in my pockets of my hoodie

“I don’t care about that, my mission is to get you to have some fun.” He smiled.

“Oh.” I replied blushing.

“Come on.” He whispered grabbing my hand softly. I got nervous as he grabbed my hand, but he wasn’t being forceful so I let it happen, for the first time in two years I was holding hands with a guy.

“I’m sorry.” He pulled his hand out of mine. “I didn’t mean to.”

“It’s fine.” My voice shook.

“If you’re uncomfortable, no it’s not fine.” He shook his head looking down.

I was again stunned by the words coming out of his mouth. I bit on my thumb as he looked at me. He seemed to care about how I felt and it was new having a guy care this much.

“It’s just,” he touched his neck. “I want you to be comfortable, and from earlier when you said you couldn’t touch me.” He huffed trying to search for the words. “I got the feeling, you get scared being forced into things, and I want you to, when you’re comfortable with it.”

I blushed when he said that. I couldn’t hate him after that. He was too sweet, maybe for my own good, but maybe he was being truthful.

“Okay.” I replied still stunned. I grabbed the arm on his jacket as he did on mine earlier.

“So since you’ve been here and I haven’t, what’s the best ride?” he looked around.

“That depends.” I pushed my bangs out of my face.

“On what?” he shot me a confused look.

“Do you like roller coasters?” I eyed him hoping the answer was yes.

“I love them!” he enthused.

“Good.” I lightly smiled. I started off towards Vertigo it was the closest, and we waited in line. I leaned up against the bar and looked at him. “This one’s a good one, most of them in the park are great, except for a few.” I explained.

“Zach was telling me about the Crypt.” He nodded.

“That ride sucks.” I folded my arms. I rolled my eyes. I went one that once, and I wasn’t ever getting on it again.

“I’m assuming you don’t like it?” he chuckled.

“No.” I shook my head as I stepped closer.

“Well then, I’ll just trust your judgment then.” He shrugged.

I looked away from him in a bit of shock as we got close to the ride, and I chose the seat of course. He just followed along as the gate opened and I hoped up into the seat. He looked over at me with a smile as I clicked the harness looking at him. “This ride looks awesome.” He nodded as the platform went down letting our feet dangle in mid air. I nodded in excitement grabbing the handles as we started up the hill, Nick and I staring down at the pavement below us.

“Holy shit.” He barely had time to say as we sped off in the same direction we started in, speeding through the station and up into a loop, we went through various other inversions and up to the other side where we were now facing the other direction. I screamed in thrill as we reached the top, let us back down backwards, and not being able to see where we were going.

After the ride was over, he climbed out with a giant smile on his face as he helped me out, still not touching me. “That was great.” He said catching his breath.

“That was only the beginning!” I shouted, now very excited. I pulled him by his jacket as we raced in the other direction towards Flight Deck as we raced all the way down. “This one isn’t so intense, but it’s still a great ride.” I looked back at him as I climbed the stairs to the top of the station. We didn’t have to wait this time and got right on, I climbed in as he followed, and I sat in anticipation as they let our restraints down I pulled mine down slowly, watching him as he pulled his down placing his hands back on his knees. I had an urge to grab his hand then as it rested but I just rested my hands on the chest restraint as we dragged up the hill. We soon reached the top and he glanced over at me as he looked down. We sped exceedingly fast down the hill, soon the ride was over, and yes, it really is fast.

“Man that was fast.” He commented as we climbed up the hill back to the rest of the rides. “It took less time riding it as it did getting to it.”

“Tell me about it.” I said as we reached the top taking a breather. He smiled at me once more as I lead him to Delirium. We stood in a small line before entering the gate and circling to our seat. “Again, not a big ride, but worth the rush.” I smiled.

“I’m ready for anything.” He sat down in the seat pulling the restraint over him and I pulled mine down. I looked off in the other direction, thinking about how much fun I was actually having.

“I’m having fun.” I admitted to him before the ride started.

“Me too.” He agreed with a smile. “You don’t have to be all over each other to have fun on a date.”

“I agree.” I nodded.

“Though sometimes it’s nice to display affection.” He looked away from me as he said it.

“I have nothing wrong with PDA’s, it’s just not something I’m used to.” I replied as the ride slowly started.

I loved it even though it was kind of a weird ride, and Nick seemed to enjoy it, though he looked a bit sick afterward. “I’m sorry.” I put my head down in guilt. We walked off the ride, and despite looking a little pale he still carried a smile.