This Isn't a Fairytale, It's My Life!

Something Nice

“Yes Nick?” I huffed getting out of bed and walking to my closet.

“My car is not starting.” He sighed wiping the sweat off of his face. “Could you give me a ride to school?”

“I guess.” I shrugged as I continued getting ready. “But let’s not make a habit out of it.” I eyed him.

“I’ll get a better look at it tonight, hopefully I won’t have to take it to a shop.” He huffed.

“Hopefully not.” I shooed him out of my room closing my bedroom door, slipping on a black tank top and purple skinny jeans. I put on my favorite ballet flats and opened my door. He was wearing a green polo, jeans and skate shoes. He had his hair all spiked up in different directions. “Let’s go.” I sighed pushing my bag on to my shoulder. He looked good and it was getting to me.

We walked out to my car and climbed in as I started it. He looked nervous about something, and it seemed to be really getting to him. “What’s wrong?” I looked over at him.

“Nothing.” He mumbled in his deep voice.

“You mean nothing you want to tell me?” I asked.

“Not right now.” He shook his head.

“That’s fine.” I smiled.

We pulled into the school and I parked in a pretty good spot. I slammed my car door as always when Nick caught up with me. “Have a good day Belle.” He smiled as he walked past me. I scowled when I saw Derek snickering at me. I walked away from him and to my locker. Chelsea was already waiting for me, and I knew what she wanted to know.

“So how was your date with Nick?” she wanted every detail. I opened my locker slowly.

“It was fun.” I nodded.

She looked at me with a look of shock. “You had fun?”

“Yes, now please quit asking.” I begged her.

“Good.” She smiled widely.

“Don’t get anymore bright ideas.” I scolded her with my finger. “If I’m going to date anyone else it’s going to be on my terms.”

“Your terms.” She rolled her eyes.

“Yes.” I nodded.

“I feel bad for Nick.” She shook her head.

“What do you mean?” I shot her a glare. Why would she feel sorry for him?

“Well, for the hockey game tomorrow, all the player’s girlfriend’s are decorating their lockers, and Nick’s the only player without a girlfriend. “ she explained.

“Gee, that’s too bad.” I said sarcastically.

We walked into the class, as I sat down to Nick who was already sitting in his seat. “Good Morning Belle.” He looked cute in a black t-shirt with a gray vest, tight jeans and he was now wearing a fedora. Damn it.

“Quit bugging me Nick.” I retorted.

He turned around talking to Derek who was sitting behind him. “Dude I’m totally excited for the game this weekend.”

“Me too.” Derek nodded. “Belle?” Derek called my name.

I looked up from my notebook with a dirty look. “What Derek?” I glared at him.

“Are you going to the game?” he asked innocently.

“I haven’t gone to one all year, why start now?” I replied.

“Ah, come on you know you want to.” Derek harassed.

“Can we just practice please?” I stood up with my script.

“Yeah.” Nick smiled. “Let’s practice the kiss.”

“In your dreams Nick.” I rolled my eyes.

We practiced our scene, Derek was practicing his so Nick and I got some one on one time. Oh Boy, that was fun. The whole time I was trying read my lines he was trying to get me to kiss him, he was being obnoxious.

After school, I had decided that I would decorate Nick’s locker. Just to be nice, so he wasn’t left out. So I grabbed up my keys and walked downstairs as I was leaving, Nick was coming in. He stopped me. “Where you going?” he smiled as he wiped the grease off his hands.

“Wal-mart.” I answered.

“Can I go with you?” he shoved his hands in his pockets.

“I guess.” I sighed as I put up the hood of my sweatshirt and shoved my hands in the pockets. I turned to the door, placing the key in the lock and turned it to lock the door.

“Which car?” he asked rubbing the back of his neck. He wasn’t wearing his hat now, thank god. He was just wearing a black hoodie over his black shirt.

“Is your car okay?” I turned to him.

“Yeah, we can take it if you want.” He smiled.

“My car is low on gas.” I nodded.

“You wanna drive? Practice took it out of me.” He asked.

“You’re going to let me…” I pointed to myself then his car. “Drive your car.”

“I know you want to.” He winked.

“Yeah!” I smiled. I really did want to drive his car, I wanted to feel the power of it. He smiled placing his keys in my hand. It was a moment I never saw coming. He leaned into me.

“I’ll let a beautiful girl drive my car whenever she wants.” He said into my ear. His breath sending chills down my spine. I touched my face trying to hide the fact that I was smiling. He always complimented me, and it was new for me.

We both stepped off the porch as I unlocked his doors, and nervously climbed in his car. He scooted in noticing me attempt to touch the steering wheel. I sat looking at the distance between the steering wheel and my body. “Damn.” I muttered. I fidgeted to my left to find the button to move the seat forward.
“Sorry, I have long legs.” He chuckled. He could tell I was nervous.

“It’s not funny.” I glared at him. He shook his head as he buckled his seatbelt. I reached over putting on mine. I looked at him before putting the key in the ignition; and he just smiled. I shook nervously as I placed the key into the ignition. I turned the key, startled by the sheer roar of the engine. The sports car rumbled to life as I placed my hand on the shifter. Slowly pulling it into drive.

“It’s okay.” He encouraged as he placed his hand near mine. I smiled up at him before turning the wheel and hitting the gas, pulling out into the road. The car was amazing to drive, but it was too much power for me to handle. I was glad I was driving the car though, I was curious about it and now I knew. I pulled the powerhouse into the parking lot of Wal-Mart and cut the engine. I smiled at him as I took the keys out. “Thank you.” I said quietly as I undid my seatbelt

“You’re welcome.” He smiled with a chuckle. He unbuckled his seatbelt.

“You can drive back.” I handed him his keys.

“Had enough power?” he grinned.

“You handle it better.” I said in a flirty tone. I covered my mouth, not believing what just came out of my mouth and considering I hated his guts. Or did I?

We got out of the car and entered the automatic doors; he kept up with me with his hands in his pockets. He looked at me then eyed the carts. “Do we need a cart?” he asked innocently.

“Might be a good idea.” I nodded softly.

He pulled one out as I walked next to him pushing the cart. I snickered as I watched him lean onto the cart. He looked cute right now, and I couldn’t believe I was shopping with him. I pushed my bag closer to my body as my thoughts drifted. He looked up to me and abruptly stopped the cart.

“Are you okay?” he asked.

“Yeah.” I muttered, as I tried to forget that I thought he was cute right now. “I’m fine.” I nodded trying to keep up appearances.

“Just wondering, you look like something is bothering you.” He let a smile cross his face, and I sighed.

“No, I’m fine.” I shook my head and turned to the school supplies. I stood staring at all of them for a moment, then started loading the cart with various things.

He looked at the volume of things I was putting into the cart and decided to ask. “What’s all this for?” he laughed.

“Science project.” I lied. We picked up a few more things, like some food for us, and some DVD’s he wanted, he even threw some boxers in the cart. We went up to the check out and stood in line.

I paid for my things; I waited for him as he loaded the cart with bags. He insisted that I let him do it. So I did and then he pushed the cart and loaded the car as I climbed into the passenger seat.

I buckled my seatbelt as he did his. He started his car and we drove off to the house and I spent the rest of the night making a sign for him. It wasn’t much, but at least it was something, and I liked it. Then after I was satisfied with it, I changed into pajamas and climbed into bed.