Ravenford Institution

Brief hellos

Alas, Amanda Young stepped out of her car sprinting towards Ravenford’s gates slowly trying to contain her giddiness.

She had waited the entire summer to return to her palace. Amanda’s one and only palace was school. It was the greatest place she had been to and it was the greatest place she wanted to be, at the moment. Of course after school she’d be allowed to go around the world and she might change her idea of greatest.

Amanda Young was the most popular girl at school. Sometimes she was still popular outside her beloved campus and she loved it.

She loved the attention and practically craved for it.

Amanda Young always had attention starting off with her family. She was the eldest, the youngest and the only child. Now she had grown attached to being the center of attention.

She was a goddess, in her, her parents, her friends and all of the students at Ravenford’s eyes. And that was the basically the reason she loved school.

School was her one true love. Not because of the disastrous and tremendous activities that accompanied the sudden thought of ‘school’, but because school was her place.

School was where she rocked. She practically owned the school, in a not-so-literal-way. Well, as if her parents couldn’t but Ravenford with the enormous money they had.

Amanda traipsed over the freshmen who were practically gawking at her and was greeted by a young lady who was quiet fond of her.

“Ms. Young, you’re still at Poole 411” The lady told her. Amanda nodded coolly touching her silky blond hair.”Thanks.” She replied to her. As I expected Amanda thought to herself.

Poole the dorm of the popular girls, like her, and she was truly where she belonged. Amanda smirked to herself, realizing where the most popular and hottest guys were. Matthews. That was their dorm.

Shayne yawned, Ravenford was the most boring place she’d gone to so far. There was absolutely nothing streaking or amazing or the least amusing that had occurred.

She sat down on her bed, putting down her small backpack. All of her things were there, under her bed. Her clothes, shoes, book and loads of other things.

Then she noticed another bed beside her own.

“Not in bloody hell” Shayne murmured. She mentally cursed herself that she was rooming with a guy.
She did not want anyone to find out she was a girl.

Shayne sighed. Why had it never occurred to her that this could happen? Ugh.

Just then the door opened, revealing a tall boy-taller than her- with cute brown hair panting and sweating vividly as if he’d just ran for his life.

Shayne was confused, why the hell did he just bust open the door? If he was Shayne’s roommate, shouldn’t he just normally enter?

“So, you’re-“ He panted, he truly was breathless. “that-that Shayne.” He gasped for air. A long, long gasp. “Uh, who are you, exactly?” Shayne asked, slightly bewildered at the sudden appearance of this guy.

“I-I’m Chuck.”He stammered, still breathless. “your roommate.” He added.

“Huh? Oh.” Was all that Shayne replied.

“So you’re my roommate.”Shayne stood up, this was weird. So this dude was Chuck, her roommate? And he was going to room with her.

“Nice meeting you roommate.” Shayne stated, inching closer to Chuck and sprinted away from him. Hell, she had to room with him? Shayne ran for her life searching if this was a huge mistake.



“Excuse me.” Shayne pleaded to the lady who stood at the information desk. “I-I, I think there’s a mistake regarding my room.”

“Mr. Princeton, is it?” Shayne nodded slowly, but hastily.

“I believe you asked for a single-“

“Yes, yes I did.”

“I’m sorry Mr. Princeton, but Ravenford doesn’t have any available single at the moment.” The lady replied at her.

“When will there be an available?” Shayne was still a little jumpy.

“I’m sorry, but at least until next school year.” And she just had to suffer.

For the corner of her eyes, she saw someone smirk.



Amanda Young smirked as she saw this ‘Mr. Princeton’. This guy was captivating. Very, very cute. She walked closer to the guy and interrupted, “Excuse me, but he’s with me. Can’t you make an available room?”

She was Amanda Young for heaven’s sake and this was the least they could do for her.

“I’m sorry. So, so, so sorry, but he’ll have to wait ‘till next year.” She stated sadly.

His eyes bore onto Amanda. “And who are you?” He questioned Amanda.

“Amanda Young” She introduced herself.

Shayne was weirded out and beyond crazy, but this girl had just magically conjured.

“Oh. I’m Shayne Princeton, by the way.”

Amanda smirked.
♠ ♠ ♠
author of doom: Forgive me, this chapter was inappropriate. As you know Shayne is a girl, but everyone –almost everyone- thinks that she’s a guy, so she’ll always be called “him” or “he” and etc.