Voices

Chapter Two

"HAYLIE! I need your help!"I shouted from my room. Within seconds of me yelling, the dark haired sixteen year old came charging into my room, shoes in hand.
"Yeah?"She asked
"I have no idea what to wear!"I said, throwing different shirts around. Haylie chuckled and picked up one shirt and held it up to her.
"I like this. Did you even look at it before you threw it?"
"It's too girly! Do you honestly think my dad wants a girly girl as a daughter? Seeing as he was in a metal band?"I asked, looking at it."But it is a cute top..."
"He won't care! My dad doesn't care that I'm girly, just as long as I don't you know. Freak over dirt or sweat, stuff like that."
"You know I never do that. I just like to dress that way."She threw the top and hit me in the face with it.
"Then wear it. Look nice, he's your father."She said, sitting down on my bed
"You never look nice for Zacky. And he's your father."I grumbled
"Yeah! And I didn't just know that he wasn't dead! I've known him all my life. You on the other hand, haven't known your dad that long. It's a must that you look nice."She explained. I nodded and pulled the top over my head, then turned around to look in the full length mirror. It did look nice on me.

"Okay, I'll wear it. Now I just need pants and shoes. I'm wearing jeans. No dressy pants."I put my finger up as Haylie stood up off my bed, and she laughed.
"Fine, whatever."She searched my closet and gave me a pair of jeans. "Put those on."

I slipped the jeans on and looked down at my outfit. I like it a lot. Now just to add my own touch to it. I grabbed my Converse from behind my bed and slipped them on. I smiled in satisfaction in the mirror and tapped her shoulder. In my eyes, the outfit was perfect.

"Oh Kaitlin! That's great! Now, let me do your makeup and hair. Pleeeeaasee?"She pleaded, I laughed.
"So you pick out my clothes, and now you want to make me even fancier? I think I can deal with makeup and hair. I wasn't planning on anything special anyways. Just maybe a bit of eyeliner and I was going to straighten my hair. The usual."I told her, heading towards the bathroom. I looked at my face and snubbed my nose. I looked bad without eyeliner. It was like it didn't look like me without it.

I applied the bit of eyeliner I needed and turned my straightener on so it could heat up. I went downstairs for a moment to grab an apple and ran back up the steps to finish getting ready. I quickly ran the straightener through my hair and sprayed it a bit with hairspray so it would hold better. My hair was oddly complicated to deal with.

I finally unplugged the straightener and went downstairs to wait for my father and his wife. I sat on the couch and flipped through the channels on the TV, getting extremely jittery. I couldn't sit still. Zacky came in and sat next to me on the couch, and chuckled.

"You're quite bouncy today."He commented
"Well.. Yeah. I'm just... Nervous. I'm probably not what he's expecting."I said
"Are you kidding me? You have no idea how much you're like your father. He'll love you, no matter what."He patted my back and I smiled.

"DAD! You're cheating on me?!"Haylie yelled from the entry between the kitchen and living room
"I'm sorry Hay! She just.. I don't know there's something in her.."He said, pulling me to him. Haylie came running over and jumped on Zacky's lap, then pushed me back. I stood up off the couch and put my hands on my hips.

"Hey! Can't we share?!"I exclaimed, laughing hysterically
"Nope, my daddy!"And just as Haylie said that, there was a knock at the door.

I froze in place and stared at the door for a moment before I slowly walked to the door and opened it. There stood my father, Matthew Charles Sanders, and his wife, Valary.

"Kaitlin?"He asked, looking me over. I was at a loss of words, so I just nodded slowly. He smiled widely, then picked me up in a hug. I giggled finally and hugged him back. He finally put me down and put his hands on my shoulders, looking at me once again.

"Matt she's you made over."Valary whispered, he nodded slowly
"You got that right. Now why don't you two come in the house?"Zacky said, appearing in the doorway.
"Vengeance!"Dad said, giving Zacky a hug. Valary and my dad stepped in the house and stood near the couch, conversing with all of us, until Brian, Jimmy, Johnny and my mom entered the room.

"Hello Matt."My mom whispered, looking at us standing in a group
"Darcy..."