Voices

Chapter Six

I had always heard in stories, songs, and from friends that leaving somewhere was the hardest part. Everything I'd heard was right. I never thought leaving Liverpool would have been this hard. Leaving my friends, leaving Josh. I wanted to take him with me so bad, but my mother wouldn't allow it, let alone his parents. Josh and of course everyone in the band and my mother and Val came to the airport to see us off. Everyone in the band and my mum would be joining us in a couple of days, but Josh wouldn't. When we went to board the plane, he wouldn't let go of me. But, with tears in his eyes, he gave me one last kiss, and watched me walk away. I wouldn't dare look back to see his hurt face, but I kept my eyes on my left hand.

-- Fifteen minutes earlier --

"Baby I don't want you to leave me."Josh said, holding my hands
"I know, but I won't be gone forever. I'll be back. And I'm not leaving you. I'm leaving Liverpool. I'm leaving England. I would never ever leave you."I replied
"Just to be safe though... I want you to have this."He took off the ring his grandfather had given him and slipped it on my left hand ring finger. I looked at him, then the ring, then back up at him.
"Kaitlin, promise you'll stay mine."He started"When you come back. Will you marry me?"
"Josh... Oh my goodness..."I mumbled, staring up in his eyes"Yes.."

He kissed my lips and picked me up in a hug.

"These words are my heart and soul..."He sang softly
"I'll hold onto this moment you know, 'cause I've laid my heart out to show."I added
"And I won't let go."Both of us said together. That was our song. With Me by Sum41. It was an older song, but it explained the both of us so well.

"Kaitlin! Come on! Our plane's been called!"My dad yelled. I nodded a bit and turned back to Josh. With his over sized jacket and ring on, I gave him one last hug, and kissed his lips softly.
"I'll call you tonight. I'll be texting you all the way though."I whispered, he nodded.
"I love you baby."He said
"I love you too. Goodbye."I turned and walked away, fighting back tears. I knew he was nearly in tears too, but I had to go.

----------------------------------------------------

The plane ride took forever. We flew to New York, then got off and flew to West Virginia, and it seems like we got off and on a million more planes, but it was really just one more after that. I fell asleep on every plane, but kept texting in between then. Josh kept telling me how much he loved me, and how much he already missed me. I felt horrible for leaving him there, but I was going with my father. And Josh understood completely. I was happy for that.

Eventually, while on our last plane, dad nudged my shoulder a bit and kissed my head.

"Kaiiiitlin."He said, nudging me more. My eyes eventually fluttered open, and I looked around the plane. "We're home."

I stretched and followed everyone off our plane and went to get my luggage. I didn't have much with me, seeing as the rest was coming within the next two days, but what I did have was a bit heavy considering I'd just woken up. I slung one back on my shoulder, and drug the other one on the ground, even though it didn't have wheels. Val and my dad laughed at me and he slung the bag over his shoulder.

"You're not used to flying, are you?"Valery asked
"That was my first time flying."I commented. She nodded
"That explains it."She said.

We loaded up dad's car, which was sitting in the airport parking lot, and I climbed in the back, immediately falling asleep.

"Swallow my words,
Taste my thoughts
And if its too nasty, spit it back at me!"


My phone kept playing those same words over and over until I finally woke up and pulled out my phone.

"Hello?"I asked groggily
"Have you landed yet baby?"Josh asked, I smiled
"Yeah. We're on our way to the house."I answered
"That's good. You sound like you've been asleep. I'll let you go, I just wanted to check up on you. Wanted to hear your voice."
"Okay babes. I'll call you tomorrow morning when I wake up. Unless its like midnight there. I don't know, I'll figure out the time difference sometime."He chuckled
"Okay baby. I love you."He said
"I love you too, bye!"I hung up and looked out the window.

The area was full of nice houses. I wasn't surprised though when we pulled into the driveway of one of the bigger houses on the block. I stepped out of the car and looked at the exterior of the house with wide eyes. My dad chuckled and patted my head, then handed me one of my bags. I followed my dad and step-mom into the house and looked around. It was beautiful.

"Up there is your room. Up the steps, to the left."My dad pointed up the steps and I took my other bag and ascended up the steps and found my room. It was kind of plain at the time, but I knew I was going to spruce it up a bit. I set my stuff on the floor and sat on the bed. Then it hit me.

I'm living with my dad!
♠ ♠ ♠
The two lyrics in here are from the songs...

With Me by Sum41
&&
3 Peat by Lil' Wayne.