Status: working on it...

Fate Gave Me Another Chance

3

“You’re up early”

“Yeah you know once I wake up, I can’t fall asleep again.” I stated looking at Matt as made a cup of coffee.

As I sat down on the counter I couldn’t help but notice how divine Matt looked in just a pair of shorts and a white T-shirt.

“You sleep well?” I asked before I took a sip of the hot chocolate that I had just made.

“Not much, Johnny and Jimmy kept me up all night with their freaking laughing. I don’t think they even went to sleep until about 4 am.”

“Oh, you poor thing!” I teased.

Eyes narrowed, he placed the mug down and started walking towards me. My feet already on the ground, I sprinted out of the kitchen trying to dodge him. But I was soon swept off my feet (literally). Without effort he placed me on his shoulder and kept laughing at my whines.

“Put me down!!” I stated failing to sound serious.

He took me outside in the small backyard that the house had. The guys were currently living in Johnny’s parent’s house; they were currently on vacation for the whole summer on a cruise if I remember correctly. I on the other hand was still living with my parents but since their arrival; the guys forced me to go live with them and to be honest I didn’t mind that at all. Every time I was hanging out with them I forgot all about my condition, and for me that was enough.

It wasn’t until I felt a cold breeze on my face that I realized that Matt had placed me down on the soft grass that draped the backyard. Matt was laid down on the ground lost in thought from what I could read from his face. I just stared up at the blue sky something we used to do when we were still teenagers; lay down on the grass at the park and we would just spend hours voicing our thoughts. We would be bold and just say everything we didn’t like about each other or our parents and try to figure things out. It was nice; we would just end up laughing at our childish antics.

I had promised myself that if I ended up someday alone with Matt like this I would declare my feelings to him, and I’m not one to go back on my promises. So with palms sweating and heart racing, I opened my mouth to speak but he beat me to it.

“Do you remember when we used to do this in high school? Say stuff about how we feel towards each other?” He asked all the time staring at the deep blue sky.

“Yeah,” I said finally figuring out how I’m going to start my speech.

“There’s something I need to tell you.” We said at the same time. It was then that we looked at each other.

Laughing, I couldn’t help losing myself in his hazel eyes which has become a habit since we have been living together.

“I like you,” I stated bluntly wanting to get this load off my chest, “a lot.”

And that’s when I saw him smile revealing to me him oh so wonderful dimples.

“Shit! You beat me to it.” He said and that’s when I laughed.

“Would you do me the honors to go out with me?” My smile got bigger if that was even possible.

I bit my lip and then grinned back at him nodding.

“Sarah!!”

We both instantly looked up and saw none other than Jimmy in only shorts motioning for me to come in. Matt got up and grabbed my hand and helped me up. His hands lingered on mine all the way to the house.
To say I was ecstatic was an understatement, I wanted to jump up and shout, hug someone… I just am so happy it’s like slowly a new door was opening where finally I would joy, happiness, love, bliss and nothing else.