Status: working on it...

Fate Gave Me Another Chance

4

“AHHHHH!!” that was Emily’s response when I told her I was going out with Matt tonight.

I was currently at my parents’ house since I still had some clothes in my room and I would not be disturbed unlike if we were still at Johnny’s house. Brian wanted to come over for some unknown reason. He said he wanted to talk to my dad but I think there was something he wasn’t telling me.

Anyway I had planned on wearing a simple cream dress, Emily had told me that it would drive Matt silly, I laughed at her use of vocabulary, but that’s something I loved about her she was raised by a very caring and loving Christian family; I honestly never heard hear swear or yell at someone. She did have times were she was angry but it would easily pass and she never took it on the people around her. I really admire her… innocence, you could say.

What I hope is that she finds the right guy. Her parents did suggest a few guys but she never got off with the guys. What I did want was for her to meet my friends I know she would be shocked at first but I’m hoping to become some sort of match-maker, maybe one of the guys would sweep her off her feet? Who knows but I was sort hoping Zack would like her. I’ll just have to wait and let my plan develop.

As I put on my shoes, I heard the doorbell ring. Shit! He was already here; I grabbed my purse and my phone and took one last look in the mirror. I made my way down the stairs and heard my dad’s and Brian’s voice along with Matt’s.
I just hope they’re not giving him ‘The Talk’. They used to do this to every guy I used to date. Brian would come over without my knowledge and they used to threaten the guy. Let’s just say it was not fun. Hands on my hips I entered the living room, eyes narrowed on my father and Brian.

My dad had this ‘if you hurt her I’ll kill you’ kind of look trying to scare Matt even though we all knew Matt was not that kind of guy. But you know men and their childish antics.

“Please tell me you’re not giving him a pep talk?” I asked before sending a smile at Matt.

“No! What gave you that idea?”

“Yeah right, Mum will know of this soon enough, dad.” I threatened wanting to scare him a little.

“And you,” pointing at Brian, “I will deal with you personally.”

I went over to my dad and gave him a kiss and grabbed Mat’s hand leading him to the door not before I hugged Brian and hit him in the head.

“Oww, not the face!”

“Come on, Matt.” I said and we left the house his hand in mine.

“They’re only trying to protect you.” He stated.

“I know it’s just annoying at times, like tonight.” I said before sending him a smile.

“Did I tell you how amazing you look tonight?”

“Nope,” I had currently turned a bright shade of pink thanks to Matt.

“Well you look breath taking.”

“Thank you, you look handsome tonight.” I complimented.

It wasn’t until now that I noticed what he was wearing; a pair of dark pants with a white T-shirt and a striped shirt on it. To say he looked hot was an understatement. We continued our small walk to the small restaurant that stood about 2 blocks away from my parent’s house.

“So what have you been doing all this time we were in LA?” Matt asked as we waited for our food to arrive.

Surprisingly, I had prepared myself for this question and I knew what I had to say.

“Well I had gotten a few jobs but none of them worked out, I just felt more comfortable with my paintbrush and my colors.” I said it wasn’t a lie, I just left out the fact that I learnt that I severely sick.

“You should sell your paintings , you know, you have one hell of a talent.”

“I just don’t think anyone would buy them.”

“Why? You’re paintings are incredible, I remember I used to see when you were painting; you would lose yourself as though you’re not there and the paintings were… mind-blowing, you're breath taking.”

I blushed when I heard the last part, he wasn’t talking about the paintings anymore, he was talking about me. I had a feeling tonight would be an unforgettable night.

“It’s been too long since I’ve been here!” Matt declared as we made our way to the beach.

“Yup you guys should have visited me sometime!”

“I know right, but I promise you I’m not leaving again.” He did it again, Darn him and his charm.

Matt had retreated to sitting down on the sand while I just walked nearer to the water, the sand felt cold against my bare feet. This almost became something I did often when I just felt I was giving up; I would come here and stare at the ocean. It may be unbelievable to some people but I actually accepted the fact that I’m going to die soon. It wasn’t easy but I knew that if I didn’t I would just end up miserable, I’m just going to live my life, what’s left of it, and be happy.

The pair of arms that snaked around my waist, awoken me from my deep thoughts. His warm chest made me conscious of the fact that I was feeling a bit cold. I sighed inhaling his intoxicating cologne, could this night get any better?

Yet when his lips made their way to my neck, it did. How could his touch have such effect on me? With one swift movement he turned me around and I placed my hands around his neck as his eyes traced my whole face.

Waiting for 8 years my wish finally reached the heavens. His lips on mine, I couldn’t help but smile, it was beyond my expectations. Our bodies closer than they have ever been, he rested his forehead against mine. I couldn’t help myself but kiss him again, his lips were almost addicting. I’m falling hard for him and the thought kept repeating itself in my head for weeks

‘What is he doing to me?’
♠ ♠ ♠
Sarah's Outfit