Playing With The Big Boys Now

Chapter Seven

The rest of the day dragged along as one would expect school to do. At the sound of the final bell I let out a relieved sigh. I packed up my doodled-on notebook and exited the classroom. Frank caught up with me on my way out.

"Hi person."

"Hey Frank," I said.

"Need a ride home?"

"Yeah, that'd be nice thanks."

I had planned on walking home since my mom couldn't leave work to come pick me up, fulling expecting and bracing myself to become a walking popsicle in the October winds. Thus, the warmth of Gerard's banged up, silver XT was extremely inviting at the moment. However, there was a bit of an issue, seeing as how there were five seats, and six of us. Apparently, Gerard got to play taxi driver for everyone.

"Uh, Frank?" I tapped him on the shoulder as he was climbing into the backseat next to Ray and Bob.

"Yeah?" he answered, turning around to face me.

"Where am I expected to sit?"

Frank laughed, "You can just lay across our laps in the backseat, we'll drop you off first."

I was still a little wary as I climbed across Frank and Ray, sitting on Bob's lap and laying my legs across Ray and Frank's, resting my head against the window.

"Well," I began, "This is interesting."

They all laughed as I gave Gerard directions to my house and he pulled out of the school parking lot.

"Hey you," said Frank, poking me in the leg.

"Can I help you?" I asked.

"Wanna hang out with us after school tomorrow?"

Ray, Bob, and Frank all looked at me expectantly and Gerard glanced at me through the rearview mirror while Mikey turned around in his seat. I was surprised. I had only known them all a day and they already wanted me to hang out. I had only had one friend that I hung out with at my old school, and it took a month before we ever hung out somewhere. They must really like me.

"Well, I have dance practice tomorrow, but maybe the day after?" I asked.

"Sure, I didn't know you danced," said Frank.

"Yep, since I was six."

"That's cool."

The last statement made me jump a little bit, seeing as it came from not Frank, but Bob. He chuckled a little bit when I looked at him, surprised.

"I do talk occasionally, you know."

I giggled a little and looked out the window. We were pulling up to my house. I picked my messenger bag up off the floor of the car and opened the door as Gerard stopped in the driveway.

"See you guys tomorrow," I said as I waved behind me once on my way to unlock the door.

I ran upstair and grabbed my phone, calling Cara to tell her all the details about my day. After we finally hung up my mom walked through the door.

"Hey Ma?" I called while running down the stairs.

"Yeah?"

"Is it alright if I hang out after school with some of my new friends the day after tomorrow?"

"I'm assuming they're all boys."

"Yes."

"Not by yourself."

"But Mom!"

"No buts."

"If I can get Cara to go, then could I?"

"If it's okay with her parents and your friends."

"Thank you!" I exclaimed, hugging her before running back upstairs to call Cara again. She was eager to meet my new friends, and now all I had to do was make sure it was ok with the guys.
♠ ♠ ♠
A/N: Eek! Sorry about the bit of abandonment there, I haven't forgotten you all! I was a bit busy, but I hope this chapter was good enough to make up for it. Melody loooovvves comments, so you should give her lots of them, otherwise she'll send her flying monkeys to eat you >.>