Sleepless Nights Of Drug Induced Nightmares

Intro

ClackClackClack

The sharp razor slices the fine white powder into several lines.

It takes me only a minute to appreciate its beauty before I lean over and inhale sharply, sweet relief flooding through me. In my mind, I can hear her screeching her disapproval sharply as she glares at the white remains around my nose. My heart leaps forward, adrenaline pumping through my veins, and I flip off the lamp next to me. Lights out. I still hear the rain.

The door hit’s the wall with a sickening crack, almost like bones braking. The soft skin of her hand connects with my cheek, leaving a print. Little, whispered obscenities dance off her lips and swirl in the air in front of me. She blows the remaining lines off the table and angrily throws the razor at the wall. My eyes, slowed by the drugs running through my system, watch everything, amazed by its lag. Her hands take hold of both my wrists and pull me off the couch. She throw’s me towards the open door, still growling and muttering to herself, though I’m not quiet sure what’s going on. It amuses me how little her hands are as she pushes my body down the stairs of the apartment complex and out into the streets, so I laugh. The sky screams her displeasure in the form of thunder and lightening, though rain has yet to come.

Neither of us say anything directly to each other. Me, because I’m stoned out of my mind and her because she’d rather cause physical harm to me. Everything is either hilarious or astonishing when you’re high. A bottle glimmers in the gutter as we pass it, her still yanking me along, forcing me to stumble along blindl y behind her, and I briefly try to imagine where it came from. It reflects the stars above us, much less than usual because clouds are pasted randomly over many of them, and I giggle at the glittering,

“Jasey,” I whisper, “look at it! It’s so sparkly!”

“Shut-up.” I can hear her chocking on what any reasonable person would understand as anger.

“But Jasey, it’s all sparkly!” All of a sudden I stop. She tries to pull me along, but I won’t move. My voice somber, I speak just above a whisper, “Jasey, I love you.”

The fury in her eyes sparkles even more then the bottle, little burning embers heating up. Her tiny hands grasp me again and push me against the nearest building. My back collides with the wall and she traps both my wrists in one hand, holding me hostage. Her face is bright red, her teeth clenched, and her body locked. The rain starts up hard and fast, whipping little, unnoticeable welts into our skin.

“Don’t you ever throw those words around, Alexander,” she hisses.

“But Jas-” she cuts me off. “Ever. I want you to promise me. Don‘t make this easy. I want you to mean it."

I can see tears start to mix with the rain on her face, makeup smearing down it
messily.

“Promise me Alex!” She demands.

I remain silent, starring at her in wonder. She’s always so strong. What could have happened to her? What tore her apart like this? Her fingers tremble around my wrists, growing weak. The anger in her eyes has melted away to fear. Her head falls forward, her long brown hair, completely soaked, making a curtain around her.

“I promise.” I whisper.


My knees meet my chest as I roll into a ball on the soft, familiar sofa in my living room, the same one from Jasey’s days. Even the name stings my memories. A few stray tears roll down my cheeks, unleashing a flood. The thunder pounds outside. Every time the lightening strikes, I see her face in the sky.

ClackClackClack

My hand reaches out nimbly to cut up another line when a vibrating noise on the table stops me. I turn and stare at the name on my phone.

Jasey Rae.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments+Subs make me love you!