My Real Romance

My Real Romance -10-

Sorry for the super long wait everyone!! But I promise I'm going to be updating this story a lot more often. I really want to finish it :)

I rush into the house, pushing past crowds of intoxicated people. I spot Bert walking upstairs, looking lost.

I yell to him, "Bert!"

But he doesn't hear me through the loud, bumping music blaring through the house. He continues walking up and I rush after him. I almost reach the steps until I run into Jepha and Frankie. Frankie has been drinking...a lot.

He gasps, grabbing me into a hug, "Mia! Oh I've missed you!!"

He hugs me tighter and I try to shake him off me, stuttering, "I-I'm not Mia Fr-Frankie. Please, I have to get to-"

I look over at Jepha and he look like he's really concentrating. My eyes widen and I push Frankie off, running up the stairs.

Jepha calls out to me, "Ivy!"

I pay no attention though. I look through the first door I see.

Empty.

"Bert?"

No answer. I try again, but louder and panicked, "Bert?!"

His head pops out of the last room, smiling.

"Mia? I was just looking-"

"We need to go."

"Why, what happ-"

"No! We just need to go now Bert!!"

I grab his arm, dragging him towards the stairs and stop. Jepha's leaning against the wall with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Is it true?"

Bert looks at me, "Is what true?"

Jepha asks again, "Is it true, Ivy?"

I start to stutter again, "I don't...don't know what you-"

He storms over to me, getting in my face.

"I cannot believe you. You destroy Gerards life, walk away, disappearing for almost 4 fucking years and now your back but in disguise?! Plus, your with Bert?! How could you-"

Tears start to swell in my eyes and everything blurs. I raise my voice at him.

"You do not understand anything Jepha! Don't start with me, exspecially right now...please..."

He stares at me and I bit my lip, pushing past him and running back outside.