My Real Romance

My Real Romance -11-

Getting out of that house felt so good. The cold night air hit me like a book in the face. I didn't notice how incredibly warm it was in there. I start walking towards the parked cares to find Berts. A few minutes later, I growl softly, forgetting where he parked his car.

Shit, this is just great.

I was already half way down the road, feeling like an idiot. I shove my hands in my hoodie pockets and continue to walk anyway. I notice a street sign, 'One Way'. The houses on the street seemed very familiar. Sighing, I notice my old house. I stand in the street, looking up at it, still beautiful and huge as ever.

Wow, this is odd.

I start walking away from it, towards the old park I used to always go to. When I reach it, I see a dark figure already sitting on one of the swings. Their back is to me so I walk over to see who it is. Just a few feet away, I finally notice it's Gerard, slowly swinging back and forth. I also notice there's something in his hands.

"Hey Gerard"

He jumps, quickly hiding whatever it was.

"H-hey, what are you doing here?

I sit down on the swing next to him, "I should ask you the same."

He smiles, "Just thinking, you?

"Yeah, thinking."

We sit in silence until he clears his throat.

"Don't find me odd but...even though we haven't talked and just met a few hours ago, I feel so...comfortable around you. Like, I've known you forever and I don't have to hide anything."

My stomach clenches tightly, "O-oh really? Heh, well I-I don't find it odd."

-Just Nerve wrecking right?
Oh great, your back?

I shake away my resurrected conscious and glance at him, he smiles.

"Thank god! I didn't want want you to find me freaky."

We both chuckle.

"We all have our own freakish ways."

He looks down at his lap, biting his lip and taking out what he had out before.

"What's that?"

He looks up at me with sad eyes, holding the picture out to me. I stiffen up, seeing someone who was so familiar but now is so strange.

It's me.
-Very good!
Shut up.

I shakily reach out and take the picture, holding it in my own lap so he doesn't notice the shaking. The short brown hair, green eyes and that shy look on my face.

I swallow hard, "Sh-she's pretty."

"Yeah", he says quietly.

"Who is she?"

"The one who got away"