My Real Romance

My Real Romance -12-

I bite my tongue and squeak. He looks over at me, surprised.

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I think so."

I put my fingers to my mouth, tasting metal. I groan, pulling them away and staring at the tips, seeing it's covered in blood. I hear Gerard giggling and I glare at him.

"What's funny?"

"Just your face it was uh-," he clears his throat, "really cute."

My stomach flips and my face blushes as I look away. I move my tongue around in my mouth to make the numbing feeling go away.

"I think we should go back now, huh?"

I hand him the picture and he takes it, putting it back in his wallet. His face saddens.

"Yeah, don't want them to leave without us."

"True, true"

I'm about to stand up when he quickly gets to his feet, standing infront of me. He grins, holding out one hand.

"M'lady?"

I giggle as my heart starts to beat faster. I reach out for it, barely even touching him, and he jumps back, shaking his hand.

"Aah! You shocked me!"

I start to laugh and he joins in.

"Let's get the hell out of here, eh?"

His mouth curls into a smirk as my heart starts to melt.

"Yeah, let's."

Fast forward just a bit

We reach the house and most of the cars are gone now. I notice Bert standing besides his car, pacing back and forth. My face drops as I remember passing that car over 5 times.

Are you kidding me?!
Your just slow
Why are you back? Shoo!
Nah, I'm cool here

Bert sees us and screams, "Oh thank GOD! I thought someone stole you!!"

He runs to us and he picks me up into a huge hug.

I gasp, "Bert! Airs...needed!"

He giggles, loosening his grip but spinning.

I scream loudly as they both laugh at me.

"STOP! I'll puke!"

He puts me down quickly and I hold onto his arm for support.

Gerard says while still laughing, "I'm going to go find Frankie, see you two later."

Bert hugs him, "Yeah man, bye"

Gerard then takes my hand, placing it to his lips for a soft, sweet kiss.

"Till next time"

Then he walks away. Once he's far enough, I burst into tears. Bert holds me close.

"Shh, shh. It's alright"

I shake my head, "No, it's not good. He left that girl and he still loves me! Er, the old me! Oh god Bert! I'm horrible!"

"Come on, let's talk in the car"

We get into his car and he searches for something. Few minutes later, he hands me some tissues. I grin.

"Thanks."

"So, how do you know he does?"

I stare into his eyes.

"He has a picture of me, in his wallet."

His eyes widen a little, "Really?"

Quietly, I say, "Yeah"

I wipe my nose and dab my eyes.

"Bert, I can't just pop back into his life. I mean, I wouldn't know what to say! To do!! He would be so incredibly pissed at me! Ugh..."

He hugs me tightly, "Mia, things will be better. Nothing bad will happen, ok?"

I sniff, "I hope so"

I hug him again, noticing a dark figure leaning against the car ahead of us. It's Jepha, and he's starring like he's got something on his mind.