My Real Romance

My Real Romance -14-

Bert and I stare at them as Jepha walks to us.

"So Mia, would you like to explain?"

All the guys start agreeing. I look at Bert and he's biting his lip, feeling sorry. I sigh, leaning into the couch.

"He's not here is he?" I whisper.

Quinn replys, "No, Brandon took him to the hotel to sober up."

Running my hand through my hair, the guys start to sit down, as if it was story time.

"First off, I want to let you all know how incredibly sorry I am and how guilty I feel at this moment."

Frankie is holding his knees, his eyes starting to shine over. I bite my lip hard, saying softly.

"You all mean so much to me. I never intended to bring so much pain, to so many people I love. But I had to."

Jepha gets up angry, "No you didn't! You were getting attention, you were a no body that he fell in love with and still loves you! But that's just not good enough."

I open my mouth but close it, thinking of what to say. "That's exactly my point Jepha. I was and still am a no body. He needs someone of his own league, not me. This was never supposed to happen in the first place. It would be for the best if I leave."

I get up but Frankie starts to softly cry. I stop, turning around to him.

"No..."

His voice is shaky. The way he looks reminds me of a little kid finding out his dog died. I rush to him, hugging him tightly.

"Don't leave. I don't want to loose my best friend again."

Ouch, that hurt.
It should.

I let him go and sit on the ground. My eyes go over everyones face. I can see the hurt, the sadness and the anger. Jepha has his jaw clenched tightly. I notice he's starting to tear up.

"Oh god Jepha! I'm sorry!"

I rush to him and he holds me tightly, letting it all out. "I'm sorry too. I was just so angry that you left us without warning. You're my best friend too. I was so confused when you left."

Now I'm bawling my eyes out. We hold each other for a good 5 minutes. I start rubbing my eyes, taking out my contacts. The guys smile at me and I smile back.

"I promise I'll stay but..."

Their smiles start to die down.

"I'm not telling him just yet. Not till I'm ready."

They all start whooping and next thing I know, I'm getting dog-piled onto one of the couches.

This is going to hurt in the morning.