My Real Romance

My Real Romance -02-

Everyone cheered joyfully as he strobe lights went on and the next song started to play. I gazed over all the dancing bodies. Their like zombies. Starlite seems to attract different kinds of people. Preps, goths, skaters, etc. It's probably because it's new. After a moment, I get up and struggle my way through the heat from the bodies boucning together.

Almost to the other side! To my alcoholic paradise! Almost!

Someone bumps into me. Not like the others. This seemed accidenta. I pull back my newly dyed black, blue hair and glare at them before freezing. It's him. The one who haunts my dreams. The one who seems to be everywhere and nowhere. Him. It's is hazel eyes and his dark hair. Gerard Way. He's not alone though. There's a girl with him. A million thoughts start to scatter thoughout my brain.

She looks...not like him. She's not related. She looks as if she belongs, looks happy. Why is his arm around her shoulder? No, this is good. Does he recognize me? Does he see who I am?

"I'm sorry, are you okay?" he asks.

"Peachy" I reply blankly.

I walk past him towards the bar. I smile as I walk away.
He didn't remember me. Why would he? Didn't he hate me? I remember he did. He loved me too, eventually. He hated me for the lie. So what. I had reasons. He didn't have to live with my mother and sisters. Did he? I do have to thank him one day for helping me...

I bump through all the people, occasionally dancing along and take a seat at the bar. While sipping a strawberry daquiri, someone bumps me. I glance at the person from the corner of my eye. It's a man. Long straggly black hair. He glances down at me. This is Bert. Gerards best friend. I remember him, clear as day. After recieving his drink, he sits down and stares at me for a long time. Unnerved by his gaze, I stand up and walk away towards the smokey tables in the corner. I sit with a group of friends.

"God, save me" I say

"What's with you?" Zack says.

I stare at him in silence and take in his long black hair, green eyes, pale skin and lipring. He needs new clothes. His are tattered and baggy on him.
I finally sigh, "There's just some people here I know. They don't remember me"

"Shouldn't that be good then?" Tech says.

She always thought you should forget everyone you met in the past and that everyone should forget you. She isn't very bright.

"You'd think but...I don't know" I shrug, finishing my drink.

All of a sudden, he was there. Bert. He stands tall and smiles down at me. I stare blankly at him before turning my head and nodding at my friends. They all look up at him with passive faces.

"What do you want?" Zack spits.

Bert looks surprised at the statement. He smiles sheepishly and looks around before looking back at us. He scratches the back of his head before asking

"Don't you know who I am?"

"No, now what do you want?" Dior asks.

She's the protective one of the group. Easily pissed off too.

"I was wondering if I could talk to her. In private" Bert says.

The last statement towards Zack, who stands up.

"Chill Z" I sigh, getting up and looking at them.

"I'll see you later"

I follow Bert to a desolate table on the other side of the rave. He soaks in my apperance. Then gazes from my long black, blue streaked hair, my dark makeup, blue eyes and pale skin. He raises an eyebrow when he finally notices what I'm wearing. Black tank top, blue tutu, black ripped tights, blue fairy wings and combat boots.

"It is a rave you know" I say cooly.

"Yeah, I know. I do feel out of place. So um, what's your name?" he asks.

He doesn't recognize me either.

I smile widely

"Ivy Frost"

"Sounds fake"

"So does yours"

"You know me?" he asks happily.

"Yes Bert McCracken. Don't mind my friends. Your music isn't their thing."