My Real Romance

My Real Romance -04-

Bert opens the door to his home and we walk in. I look around.

"Wow, it's so nice here"

He walks past me, into the kitchen. I follow. He rumages through the fridge and pulls out 2 cans of Dr.Pepper. He hands one to me and I take it, sitting down on his couch. He jumps up on his counter and stares at me again. I glare.

"Why do you keep starring Bert?" He grins.

"I just can't believe I found you. And how great you look."

I look away, blushing.

"Heh, thanks"

He jumps down, sitting next to me now. I look back to him and his face is inches from mine. I giggle nervously and stutter.

"Who-Ho, Hi" He laughs silently, scooting back a little.

"Do you always dress like this?" I nod.

"Mostly. But not during the day"

He raises an eyebrow.

"I work at a museum"

"Ooh"

11:40pm

For the past few hours we've been talking about everything. Why I left, what I've been doing, how's my love life, and lastly...Gerard. I'm leaning against him with his arm is around my shoulder.

"So who's that thing he's with?" he giggles.

"That's Jade"

I stick my tongue out in disgust. We both have stopped laughing now.

"He's forgotten me, hasn't he?" He rubs my arm, pulling me closer.

"I'm not sure Mia. We've been pratically banned from talking about you. If we even said your name, he'd go insane!"

"How long ago was that?"

"Last year?"

"Oh"

The door slams open and we jump.

"HOLLA!!"

My eyes widen as I hear that voice again. I look over at Bert and he starts to get nervous.

"Shit"

We quickly get up, but it's too late.