Status: HIATUS!

Weightless

Ten

She wakes up still on the front lounge sofa. Her head is spinning as she sits up and she puts her hand on her forehead and squints at the clock.
It reads two thirty pm. Another afternoon lost due to sleep. She groans softly and gets up off the sofa and makes her way to the back lounge.
When she opens the door she hears yelling and thumping.
Alex and Jack are playing rock band and pretending they are playing real guitars.

"Amanda!" Alex says and his eyes light up.

"Hey guys! What's up?" she asks.

"Nothing just rock banding it." Alex says and smiles.

"I see that. Why did you guys let me sleep so long?"

"Oh you looked so peaceful sleeping I didn't want to wake you up." Alex says.

"Well aren't you just sweeet."

"He's lying! He didn't even get up 'till one."

"Shut up, Jack! You ruin everything!"

"No, I just tell the truth." Jack says and slaps him on the butt.

"Ahh! None of that in front on the lady."

"Sorry but I can't resist."

"You guys are so gay for each other." she says and sits down.

"So are you hungry?" Alex asks.

"I am a bit in need of some food. Why?"

"Well I haven't eaten either and we have some free time and I was wondering if you wanted to get something."

"That sounds great."

"Sweet. Let me finish this song and we will go."

"Okay. I'm going to put some clean clothes on anyway."

"Kool." he says and smiles

She leaves them and goes to her bunk and finds her suitcase where she left it last. She pulls out a pair of black skinnies and a purple deep-v and he favorite heart necklace. Matt gave it to her a few years ago and she wears it alot. Especially lately, thinking he might notice and get the hint. He hasn't yet, of course.
So she puts on her clean clothes and brushes her teeth. Then makes her way to the back lounge again.
The Rock Band is turned off and Alex is sitting there alone texting on his phone.

When he hears her come in he looks up and smiles hugely and slips his phone in his pocket. "Ready to go?"

"Yeah. So where are we going?"

"I was thinking Panera Bread?"

"That actually sounds really good."

"Great." he says and hooks arms with her and they walk out of the bus.

"So how are you doing?"

"Huh?"

"I feel like we never talk anymore and I was wondering how you were doing?"

"Oh, I'm alright. I could be better though."

"Why?" he says and his voice sounds concerned.

"It's nothing."

And there is a moment of silence.

"So how about you?" She quickly aks while avoiding his stern gaze.

"I'm okay."

"Just okay? Hm?"

"Yeah. I would be great, but there's just something happening and I can't really understand it and it drives me crazy that I can't figure it out."

"What's happening?"

He looks in the sky and squints at the sun. "I wish i knew."

"Oh. Well you can always tell me anything."

"Yeah, I know."

He grips her arm tighter and smiles.
Amanda can feel her heart start to race and her palms begin to sweat and she couldn't stop looking at him. It was like suddenly she tried some new drug and was instantly hooked. Immediate addiction.
They walked the rest of the way there is silence just enjoying each other's company and she was trying to decipher how she was feeling about...Alex.

They had been friends for the longest time and he was possibly the sweetest guy ever, he was always there to pick up the pieces when she shattered. He was the guy always there but never really looked at. Until today. And she couldn't figure out why.
She had this funny feeling in her stomach like something was about to happen.
As these thoughts were spinning in her head she had managed to order and sit down with him.

"So tell me what's going on in your mind right now?" he asks.

"I don't know. I have this strange feeling that something is about to happen."

"Really? Like what?"

"That's the thing I have no idea."

"You know, I have the same feeling but in opposite like I'm about to do something but I get stopped somehow."

"What is wrong with us? We can't figure out what we are going to do."

"I have an idea, but I could be so wrong. Or crazy."

"Shoot."

"You sure?"

"Yeah, go for it."

That's when he leans forward and kisses her on the lips. It's short and sweet, but leaves a lingering taste on her mouth.
He brain become mush and she can't tell the floor from the ceiling.

"What was that?" She asks in a dizzy sounding voice.

"It was what was supposed to happen. I don't feel that feeling anymore.

"Me either. So you know what that means?"

"What?"

"You are what's supposed to be."
♠ ♠ ♠
OHEMGEE!

I haven't updated this is sooooooooooooo long.
Ahh
I hope you like it
:]
Please comment