Status: HIATUS!

Weightless

Twelve

The walked to the bus seemed endless and awkward. Alex had his arm wrapped around Amanda's waist while they walked in sync.
Amanda thought about everything she was going to say to Matt and it all ended with her in tears,him sitting there looking clueless and Alex whisking her away and hugging her until she stops crying.

"Are you ready?" Alex asks.

She shakes her head. "I'll never be ready, but I have to do this."

He takes her hand in his and squeezes it. "I'm here if you need me."

"I know, I know."

So they finally get into the bus and Matt is on his laptop typing away at something.

He sees Alex and Amanda come in. He gives them both a weird look when he notices them holding hands.

"Hey Matt, can I talk to you for a second?"

"I don't see why not."

They walked over and sat next to him.

"So what's on your mind, dear?"

"Well you know how I told you all of those ridiculous things about Liz?"

"Yeah."

"Well none of them were true."

He gave her a confused look. "Oh."

"And I only did it so you would break up with Liz and so I could go out with you. But instead you just wanted me to find you another girl. So it was a complete fail."

It was silent for a long moment. And he just stared at her with a blank expression on his face. She looked down to the floor feeling the tears starting to well up in her eyes. She bit her lip to keep them from spilling.

"Why didn't you just tell me?"

"Because I didn't think I was the type of girl that you would ever date."

"Amanda, I think you amazing in every single way. I would be honored to date you. Because you mean so much to me."

She couldn't hold them down any longer. The tears broke free and she started sobbing uncontrollably into Alex.

"Please don't cry. You are strong enough to do this." Alex said

Matt looked at them wondering and thinking of what to say.

This went on for about thirty minutes and all was silent except for the silent sobs of Amanda muffled by Alex's body.

Then she lifted her head and Alex wiped the remaining tears from her eyes.

"You can do this, babe."

She smiled not being able to help herself. He smiled enormously back.

"Thanks so much."

"Anything for you."

She looked back at Matt who was staring at them with a bewildered look on his face.

"Anyways, Matt I'm so sorry for everything. I think that you and Liz make an emensley cute couple. I was just afraid that since you were so great and if you really got to know her, that you would never ever want to end it."

"So everything you said was a lie."

"Well most everything. Liz really does love Poutine, but it's just french fries with gravy and cheese on top."

"Haha. Well okay."

"I just don't want you to break it off with her because I'm a jealous freak."

"Well if that's what my best friend wants."

"No, do it because you want to. I already told you how I feel."

"Well alright, then. I'm off to make things right."

"Good luck with that and if you need help just come and get me."

"Alright. Thanks. And you and Alex and quite the adorable little couple yourselves."

He says walking into the back lounge.

Alex kisses her on the cheek and she burries her head into his chest. Getting lost in the warmth of his body.