Until You're Mine

1. My State of Mind Has Kind of Got the Best of Me

D.

Another D.

Another low grade Garrett made on an english paper. And if Garrett made another low grade he would have to quit the band. That was the last thing he wanted to do. He was gonna have to get a tutor.

He made his way to his english class during lunch. His teacher, Mr. Hanover, was sitting at his desk grading papers. He swallowed his pride and walked up to him. Mr. Hanover glanced up briefly at him, then went back to grading. "Hood off, Mr. Nickelsen." He said.

Garrett let out a low groan and slid it off. He was always getting shit for wearing his hood. "Mr. Hanover--"

"I'm not going to discuss your grade with you." Mr. Hanover put down his red pen and looked up at Garrett. "It's very obvious you need a tutor."

"I realize that." Garrett said, trying not to get an attitude. "I was hoping you could recommend somebody."

"Miss Burns over there is on her way to being class valedictorian. I suggest her." He nodded to the girl sitting at the computer. Garrett had seen her around before. She was always alone and quiet. Garrett was pretty sure he had never heard a sound come out of her. "She's the best, and with your grades that's what you need." Mr. Hanover turned to Molly again. "Miss Burns, could you come here please?"

Molly's head snapped up. She looked at Mr. Hanover then to Garrett. She immediately felt a lump form in her throat as she began walking to them. "Yes?" Her voice cracked. She swallowed the lump and kept her eyes on Mr. Hanover.

"Garrett here," he said, referring too Garrett. Garrett looked at Molly, causing the lump to return to her throat. "is quickly failing my class. I was hoping you could help raise his grade by tutoring him."

Garrett gave her a hopeful look. She looked from him to Mr. Hanover. She nodded, causing Garrett to release a sigh of relief. "Great. So do you want to meet in the library after school?"

"Okay," she squeaked. She actually spoke? This was a first. She had a small mousy voice that he kind of thought was cute. Garrett smiled at her before leaving.
♠ ♠ ♠
You like?
Feedback please, then.

:DDDD

This is gonna be great!